• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sounds that annoy you?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    What kind of sounds irk you? What are they? If any sound at all doesn't annoy you, don't bother replying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For me, I can't stand the sound of someone eating with their mouth open. Something about it makes me uncomfortable and the sound itself isn't pleasant for me. I have to get away from it, otherwise I start getting irritated. The fact that they can't eat with their mouth closed aside, the sound of it is even worse. The sound of someone eating with their mouth open is actually a huuuuge pet peeve for me.

The sound of someone vomiting. Simply put, it makes me queasy myself. I think a lot of people can identify with that.

The sound of a phone ringing with that traditional beeping sound that's heard throughout the house.

Birds chirping loudly in the morning. I love the sound of birds chirping. Just... not in the early morning, and not next to my window. The sound of a young bird chirping in the morning is something that gives me a headache to start the day.

Mouse clicks. I don't really have a reason why other than that I find them highly annoying, which is why on my laptop I have it set so that instead of clicking on my trackpad, tapping does the trick! :] I also hate the sound of keyboards and the sound computers make when they're being over-used(?).

Snack bags. I hate the sound they make when someone's digging in to get a chip or something.

The sound of a ceiling fan shaking. No matter how hot it is, if I hear a ceiling fan shake while it's turning, I turn it off and cope with the heat.

Bathroom sounds. I hate hearing someone use the bathroom. I hate hearing myself use the bathroom. Just the sound of something -- anything -- hitting the water in a toilet isn't something that I would like to hear.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I can't stand the sound of forks/knives against glass plates. It bothers me so much when people are cutting their food and scratching the plate and it makes that awful screetching sound D:

Years
    I really hate the sound of people scraping knives or forks through their teeth. It goes right through my head when it happens, no matter how quiet they do it, too...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    That whiny high children reach when they're displeased (particularly when they start adding "errrr" to the end of every word)

The sound of a really chesty cough.

The sound of a child's cough - those of you who know me know that coughing children are my greatest fear... if I hear one, I walk away immediately for fear they will infect me, and the sound is sickening.

The sound of someone throwing up. Not necessarily the sound of the vomit itself, but the strained noise the person makes when they're doing it...

Any sound that competes with the television.

I'm sure given time I will think of more lol

Last edited:

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    The sound of mobile phone buttons being hit repeatedly. For example if someone is making a long text. It really gets on my nerves.

Another sound I detest is metal scrapping up against metal. It just makes me cringe. The very thought of metal scrapping makes me cringe.

A dog's bark. It can be very penetrating and annoying if it continues for a long period of time.

That's all I can think of at this moment of time.

Years
    I really hate the sound of people scraping knives or forks through their teeth. It goes right through my head when it happens, no matter how quiet they do it, too...

that sound is definitely annoying to me too, another noise that annoys me is the sound of a baby crying, i think that does more than annoy me, as i get mad when they won't shut up.

Years
    Well the sound of people chewing really really annoys me. Once during a presentation some guy was sat next to me with chewing gum and i ended up screaming in his face to move right in the middle of the presentation. And i mean i REALLY screamed, the guy at the front stopped and had that wtf look on his face x]

And i guess a dog licking itself really annoys me to, along with when people grunt. Actually when i think about it any noise can annoy me when i'm trying to concentrate on something.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Voices really irritate me when they're unwelcome. As well as any typical noise coming from the body; chewing with an open mouth, coughing, sneezing, burping, farting, everything you can think of. Small dogs are terrible, I hear that little yipping sound and I just feel like stamping on it. Cars in the morning as well, nothing worse than being woken up early by an old, loud car. Apart from that I don't dislike any sounds.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    - Screeching/scratchy sounds (mainly on dishes and glass)
    - Crying
    - Pitter-patter
    - Litter box scraping
    - Fireworks/cannons/any loud booming noises
    - Out of tune clarinets or anyone playing an instrument with a bad reed
    - Buzzing

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    - Nails clawing the blackboard UGH.
    - Scratchy sounds like when your fork against a plate.
    - The squeaky sound when using a mechanical pencil.
    - People crying.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Babies
    Self-important teenagers and businessmen, mid-aged mothers, and obnoxious Chinese women loudly talking
    Loud bass in a car with the windows closed
    Stereos with too much treble
    That one ad that says "Congratulations, you are a winner"
    Voices with an inflection at the end of a statement
    A dripping faucet that doesn't drip at exactly the same rate
    Yapping dogs. DDDDDDDDIIIIIIAAAAAAFFFFFFFFF

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    The sound of cracking knuckles, other than my own anyway. I don't really crack my knuckles in a traditional fashion though. Just... the sound makes me have miniature spaz attacks. |D

Also, nails on chalkboards and other ridiculously irritating sounds like that.

In fact, anything on chalkboards irritates me a bit.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Any of the sounds that monsters/animals make in minecraft.

SO ANNOYING!

o3o

Years
    When people scrape their knives/forks/spoons on their plate/bowl/whatever. It just goes right through me. ><

People chewing loudly. I hate hearing the saliva in their mouth and everything... ugh.

Really high-pitched screaming. It annoys the hell out of me whilst almost deafening me in the process.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Bugs, nails / sharp objects clawing the blackboard, alarms, little kids screaming, whistlers (UGH), little kids laughing (Hate little kids. >n<), little kids crying, little kids screaming, things that wakes me up at midnight and a lot more. Hate those stuff.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    The scratching of fingernails on a chalkboard or glass. This sound doesn't just annoy me, it frustrates me. Other sounds that annoy me are coughing sounds, breathing heavily, screaming, printing sound (through the old printer) >(...

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Any kind of sound that's untimely and unwanted. Screeching and scratching sounds, High pitched sounds, crying babies and other things. One of the most recent sounds I've come to despise is the sound of mosquitoes. P:

Back