• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spambot PMs - A Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
  • Thanks for the heads-up, guys! I'll be sure to report these messages to the Higher Staff if I receive them at any time.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Wow here too, out of the many forums I go to this must be like my 4th forum where that PM has been sent

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I haven't got any.....Yet.........
    I'll report It if I do, though...

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • One spammer by the name of yuyen has just made 4 posts all over the place!

(tells teacher)

EDIT: They've all been deleted now. In the words of Terry Gillingham from Monty Python "He's not a pokefan, he's a very naughty boy!!!!

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Hey, just wondering.. I have been recieving a few PMs stating that the user has a Forum and he would like for me to join.. I read the rules and it is totaly BANNED to do that right? Well is that similar to this or totaly different?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    many forums are facing this problem.
    ADVICE TO ANYONE TRYING TO HACK PC ACCOUNTS: Hack roms instead, thats acceptable to us. perhaps you might get a nice HoTM. :P :P

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • many forums are facing this problem.
    ADVICE TO ANYONE TRYING TO HACK PC ACCOUNTS: Hack roms instead, thats acceptable to us. perhaps you might get a nice HoTM. :P :P

There's a huge difference between hacking an account and hacking a ROM. The word "hack" used in the two phrases have completely different definitions.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    There's a huge difference between hacking an account and hacking a ROM. The word "hack" used in the two phrases have completely different definitions.
    what? wasnt i joking? i know that difference.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    Just ignore/remove them. Also report them to staff. I will check everywhere I posted at now :)

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Best thing to do is keep adding measures to stop them (questions that are related to the topic of a forum seems to work the best in stopping them)

Example:
    Example:

What is the name of Ash's yellow Pokemon?

Something like that could work to stop them. But I'll report any spam to staff (but I'm never here much so I don't get them :()

TeamRocketApollo

Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • Two of my members on another forum have sent me information on a member sending PM's to join another forum. Wold that be considered SPAM? And a few other things I don't know about apparently. He goes by Kakashi Hatake on here I think.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2013
    IVE GOT AN IDEA!
    If we spam the bot with PMs it will screw up the loop , bot cyle (I should know ive used bots for RPG Training... anyway....), it will then break the loop and the bot will malfunction and eventually the crashes will cause the bots host PC with crash.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • ^
    I got that message too. I just completely ignored it. At the time, it never occurred to me that the message had been sent to several people. I just thought it was one of those annoying members who adds everyone as a friend just for the sake of it. And yes, that user is now banned. Their VMs are still on my page. .__.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Sometimes, I really wonder where people come up with these ideas../ -_-'

Well, on the other hand, I once got a random PM from someone telling me to join their new forum, and if I did, I could become a mod. I didn't believe any of that garbage, so I reported the post and deleted it. I'm pretty sure that user is now banned. I'd also do the same to a spambot: report and delete. Case closed.

I got that PM too. I just deleted it. At the time I didn't know it was against the rules...

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • I got one from I_MASTURBAIT_WITH_POKEMON saying "Your computer is in danger! Download this program right now!" or something.

I think he's banned for that or his username...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back