• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Special episodes

Have you played any of them before?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    When PMD Sky was released there were many add-ons to the original Time and Darkness. Among them were 5 "episodes" that developed characters and added to story. Most of which were based in the past, 1 in the future, but all of them could add to your assets in the game. For me they were amazing. When the game is said and done they are a great way to recall those characters that got swept under the rug, or help bring some closure to a few of the questions the game can't answer with the main story.

So of those who have played them what do you think? Did you like them or were they a waste of time? If you haven't played them do you think you will some day?

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I tried doing the first one, died to Jirachi and then gave up because I don't like Bidoof. That's pretty much the extent of my special episode adventures.

I did manage to beat the three evil team guys by myself though and you can imagine how I felt when I found out it was a forced loss scenario.

Years
    Ah yes, In the Future of Darkness was nothing short of a phenomenal episode. The dungeons may not have been awfully difficult, but each music track was just awesome, and let's not forget that incredible ending. When I said that the Delta Episode in ORAS had the best scenes that I had seen, I totally forgot about this. Yeah, that last scene where everyone lives when they thought it was all over, it's just incredible.

That one Special Episode was so amazing.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    ^Yep, I really loved the Future of Darkness episode for those very reasons as well!

However, the one special episode which surprised me the most was "Igglybuff the Prodigy." I was expecting it to be simplistic at best, but the bond that Igglybuff formed with the other main character was soooooooooo touching. I have to admit that the ending of this episode almost broke my heart (I was literally on the verge of tears, okay). Even the humor was extraordinary, as Igglybuff manages to give both the players and the characters a few "WTF" moments throughout the episode, hahaha.

Years
    I really enjoyed all the Special Episodes, excluding Bidoof's Wish. That particular episode was the one I could've done without, the follow up fight with Jirachii was particularly annoying. I think I would've liked Bidoof's Wish better if it was like a movie clip or something of the sort. Now my favorites were playing as Team Charm and Igglybuff the Prodigy. Team Charm has a lot of personality and are one of my favorite NPC teams to encounter, seeing AWD in action was a bonus. Seeing how the Guildmaster got started with his career and then later on meeting Team Charm was a nice touch. After those two it would be Future of Darkness and Today's Oh My Gosh in that order. The Future of Darkness revived the same feelings of loss as a result of changing the future. Seeing the characters of the future vanish like the Pokémon you played as really brought a bitter sweet ending. I'm glad they all survived in the end, don't think I would've been able to handle them disappearing for good.

Back