• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Special Luke's time to shine! (OU)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I had an idea to use a CM Lucario and came up with this team built around it.

aerodactyl.png

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Jolly nature
    Pressure ability
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    -Stealth Rock
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt

This set is from Smogon but I swapped Rock Slide for Stone Edge since it's more powerful and has better accuracy too. Just meant to set up Rocks and Taunt things.

zapdos.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Timid nature
    EVs: 248 HP/136 Def/88 SpA/36 Spe
    -Charge Beam
    -Agility
    -HP Ice
    -Baton Pass

Meant to stop common Luke counters like Gliscor and Gyarados and also to BP Agility and Chrage Beam boosts to her.

porygonZ.png

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
    Modest nature
    Adaptability ability
    EVs: 6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    -Tri Attack
    -Hyper Beam
    -Dark Pulse
    -Psychic

Sure it's suiciude, but 405 SpA stat+Adapatability+Choice Specs+STAB=ownage! Tri Attack is for more safe STAB, Dark Pulse for Ghosts who are immune to Normal. Psychic takes care of Fighting-types who pose a threat to P-Z.

salamence.png

Salamence @ Persim Berry
    Rash nature
    EVs: 80 Atk/252 SpA/176 Spe
    -Draco Meteor
    -Outrage
    -Fire Blast
    -Roost

Standard MixMence is standard. Roost for healing up and Fire Blast for hitting Steels.

gyarados.png

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Jolly nature
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Fang
    -Earthquake

Standard DDGyara is also standard. Ice Fang for hitting common Luke counters and EQ for hitting enemy Electrics.

lucario.png

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Modest nature
    Steadfast ability
    EVs: 6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    -Calm Mind
    -Aura Sphere
    -Shadow Ball
    -Wacuum Wave

Here's the star of this team! Calm Mind once or twice, then sweep with the great coverage Aura Sphere+Shadow Ball provides. So many people switch into something thinking this is an SDLuke that they almost always allow me to get in at least 1 CM, and most of the time I can get in a second.
    Modest > Timid nature for more power. Luke will either get Agility BP'ed to her and she also has Steadfast for a Speed boost from those Fake Out users and FlinchHaxers.
    If none of these apply, she still has a priority move in Wacuum Wave, which stops ScarfTran dead in it's tracks.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Just go with Shadow Ball > Dark Pulse on Lucario since Fighting + Ghost gives you perfect type coverage.

Alrighty well, this team has a lot of weaks unfortunately. Offensive Calm Mind Latias outspeeds your entire team and 6-0's you with ease. Same thing with DD Gyara / Mence, and you have no answer for CB or Mixmence either. Pretty much any decent sweeper that can outspeed your team (note: almost everything), is going to give you trouble, mostly because nothing can take any hits at all.

Specs P-Z unfortunately has become very metagame weak since it's easily revenged and is outsped by an awful lot. At least scarf it so you have some insurance against Gyara and Mence. Also, Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / HP Fighting is a much better move combo and boasts way better coverage.

Calm Mind Lucario is a cool concept, but it's priority attack is weaker and resisted by a lot more pokemon. There's a reason there's no set listed for it on Smogon, mostly because it's just not all that viable. I would consider switching to the Swords Dance set, overall it's going to be a lot more effective and get you more KOs.

No Stealth Rock support is gonna hurt as well. Ambipom is much better suited for a UU lead anyway, so you should add a reliable lead that can get SR up, pretty much every team needs it nowadays.

There's probably more, but I gotta go soon so good luck with the team and such.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Just go with Shadow Ball > Dark Pulse on Lucario since Fighting + Ghost gives you perfect type coverage.

Alrighty well, this team has a lot of weaks unfortunately. Offensive Calm Mind Latias outspeeds your entire team and 6-0's you with ease. Same thing with DD Gyara / Mence, and you have no answer for CB or Mixmence either. Pretty much any decent sweeper that can outspeed your team (note: almost everything), is going to give you trouble, mostly because nothing can take any hits at all.

Specs P-Z unfortunately has become very metagame weak since it's easily revenged and is outsped by an awful lot. At least scarf it so you have some insurance against Gyara and Mence. Also, Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / HP Fighting is a much better move combo and boasts way better coverage.

Calm Mind Lucario is a cool concept, but it's priority attack is weaker and resisted by a lot more pokemon. There's a reason there's no set listed for it on Smogon, mostly because it's just not all that viable. I would consider switching to the Swords Dance set, overall it's going to be a lot more effective and get you more KOs.

No Stealth Rock support is gonna hurt as well. Ambipom is much better suited for a UU lead anyway, so you should add a reliable lead that can get SR up, pretty much every team needs it nowadays.

There's probably more, but I gotta go soon so good luck with the team and such.

Well I'm definetly not getting rid or CM Luke, she's been tested and works wonders. I could Shadow Ball > Dark Pulse but the I lose that sexy flinch hax chance.

Choice Scarf > Choice Specs on Porygon-Z and use Modest nature to make up for some of the power lost.

I need a lead that can BP +Speed and +SpA as well as use Stealth Rock. So how can I incorporate Rocks and another AgiliPasser into this team?

There's a a set DA recommeded to me for AgiliPassing Zapdos so maybe an Aero lead.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I could Shadow Ball > Dark Pulse but the I lose that sexy flinch hax chance.

Dark Pulse is only good for ScarfLuke and AgiliLuke, where CMLuke needs Shadow Ball for a perfect coverage and the special defence drop, the flinch rate wont benefit CMLuke due to a good reason ; its speed.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Dude, a good Weavile is gonna be a HUGE problem for your team with SR support.

E.G:Weavile @ Focus Sash

Jolly nature

Ev's:252 Atk/252 Spd/6 Hp

Moves:Thunder Punch, Ice Shard, Brick Break, and Night Slash.

You might not want so many flying types, cause once Luke is gone, half your team goes bye-bye.

Weavile does not get t-punch.

Weavile is not a threat to this team, p-z is scarfed, Luke has v-wave, Weavile cant beat Gyara, SR negates sash. :/

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I don't think my team is Weavile weak.

My main Pokemon's biggest threat is ScarfTran without a CM boost Wacuum Wave won't OHKO. I've had problems with Aerodactyl a lot. Pretty much anything that can kill Zapdos before it can BP to Luke is a problem for me.

Oh, and credits to D_A for the Zapdos set.

AEX

Years
  • You'll definitely want HP [Fighting/Ground] on Pory-Z. With your current moves, Tyranitar totally walls you, and can set-up as you switch out, especially DD-tar and BoahTar. Pursuit can dent Pory-Z as well. Honestly, you won't want Psychic on Pory-Z, as well as Hyper Beam.

One thing I'd suggest is Thunder Wave support, just in case you can't manage to pass Agility on to Lucario.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    You'll definitely want HP [Fighting/Ground] on Pory-Z. With your current moves, Tyranitar totally walls you, and can set-up as you switch out, especially DD-tar and BoahTar. Pursuit can dent Pory-Z as well. Honestly, you won't want Psychic on Pory-Z, as well as Hyper Beam.

One thing I'd suggest is Thunder Wave support, just in case you can't manage to pass Agility on to Lucario.

At this point P-Z is getting swapped for Starmie.
    And T-Wave support is a good idea just need to see where to fit it in.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    Let's do Latias > Pory-Z. It's not Uber outside of TU anyways.

Latias @ Wise Glasses
    Timid nature
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Sp Atk/252 Speed
    -Calm Mind
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
    -Roar / Toxic / T-Wave

Back