• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Special Rental DVD Reveals new images

Jerme

stupid
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    thanks for the info, like the looks.

however a mod might move this to the leaked photo thread (hope not)

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • The starter selection look WAAAAYYY too bland. And the Sky Arrow Bridge has the water messed up, it's tilted for some reason. It's not straight.

I think the reason the water is "tilted" is because the shore isn't perpendicular to the bridge. In other words, the shore is actually tilted at an angle.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • What do you think of the images?

I like the starter select screen. It looks really nice. I do not like the new grass tile all too much. In the bottom right image it looks like that car-like thing has appeared again. The bottom left image has a Girl hiker?
    Contrary to your opinion, I actually think the opposite on the few images given. The starter selection screen to me seems a bit "too simple" should I say. Compared to what we were given in HeartGold and SoulSilver, it just feels as though with this generation, they could have done better when it comes to choosing your desired Starter Pokémon. Then again, this is only a matter of a few seconds if you already know which starter you want to choose, so it isn't much of a big deal really.

As for the new grass tiles, I like them. Being honest, these grass tiles actually look very tropical in my opinion. Giving me a thought that it would be cool if they choose to use difference styles of grass tiles varying upon the region's geographic nature (i.e. mountainous, snowy, desert, tropical, etc).

Other than that, the graphics for these games are only impressing me more and more. I really like their different view aspects of Sky Arrow Bridge and how it looks when I trainer goes up to buildings.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The way the dumpsters are in that alley like place makes me think New York even more...

Years
  • The all but one of new screen shots don't give any new insight to the game. However the starter selection screen looks a bit bland. It could be a beta version of selection screen.

Rain

Years
  • The way the dumpsters are in that alley like place makes me think New York even more...

Lots of cities have dumpsters in alley ways, not just New York.
    I see them here all of the time and I'm in Canada.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • The starter screenshot could just be on one screen, guys. The pokeballs could appear on the other screen.
    Hmmm...these screenshots and whatnot keep geting better...:D

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Lots of cities have dumpsters in alley ways, not just New York.
    I see them here all of the time and I'm in Canada.

Durr Hurr! It's that it seems like they are really emphasizing this Big City thing and it's obviously no Tokyo, and that combined with all of the other western features are making me think New York ;)

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I agree, the starter selection does look waaaaayy too boring. No Poke'balls or anything???

I agree with this part. Plus I still don't like the new starters. Although hopefully when I see their evolutions I'll change my mind. Infact I can't think of anything I particularly like about the new games except the fact the one is called Pokemon Black :)

Aberash

blends in with the shadows
    Years
  • Ugh I was hoping the grass tile was going to be diffrent and moving trees look weird.I think the walkway is neat and city ally too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    Hopefully the grass will change depending on what are you are in. If not then it comes as a disappointment.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    OH NOEZ! The grass is DIFFERENT! Ruined FOREVER!!

That aside, I like the way they're going about this. The land below Sky Arrow Bridge seems plain. The ground below is too smooth. It's okay with me, though. I'm fairly confident that they'll remedy this in the next installment. Think D/P versus Hg/Ss.

Loving those stained glass buildings.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    That green building screams gym... maybe the one with the roller coasters since it looks similar to an arcade.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • I honestly Could care ALOT less about GRASS... GRASS!? grass... really? blah..
    well any way I for one actually LIKE the starter selection and like someone said before
    thats probably just the TOP screen there will More than Likely make something better
    for the Bottom screen so people... stop over-reacting and eat some candy or something =D
    that one view is HIIIIIIIIGGGHHHH!!!!!... man i was like O.O wow...
    the city looks great like always... all them different sprites got me liking it =D
    Black and White may just be my Favorite game =D
    but then again i'm easy to impress so... every time they release a game im happy xD

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • I don't think thatthis need his own tread so I will post it here.
    Well on pokebeach there is the video: it takes a bit to load, but it is quite amazing and show something new:
    1:the starters are a present? From who?
    2:SKY ARROW BRIDGE=AMAZING
    3:Hiuin city is wonderful
    4:in the forest the trees are 3D and there are vertical wall (and a sunken log!) and a female hiker?
    5: new battle start is smexy
    6. the move that use tsutaja is new?
    7: SKY ARROW AGAIN

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
  • okay the legendary battle, the back sprite does look a bit funky too me :( but theyll probably smooth it out later :) and SURF looks so beastly ahaha i cant wait to see what hyper beam and plant frenzy and all the really badass attacks look like :)

Back