• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Specific dietary lifestyle questions!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    First, what are you? Are you (like the majority of humans) an omnivore, a Hebivore, or a Carnivore?

Next, to help understand what's on your plate most of the time, what do your meals / types of food usually consist of within the possibilities of your vore-iety?! If you have a more descriptive word (like if you're a pescetarian like myself, [someone who the only meat they eat is fish], or if you're vegan) use that to help describe it, and attach a note about what you specifically consume within the realm of your possibilities if you'd like!

What made you choose this lifestyle?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'm an omnivore.

I try my best to stay away from anything fish, as I'm not too sure on that Omega 3 vs. Omega 6 scam / situational thing. It just seems fish-y to me so I try to avoid it so I can stay alive longer.

Although, I do like carrots and all those other leafy greens as well as meat for protein. I can heartily say I'm an omnivore that doesn't have a certain preference and always has a large variety of colors on their plate.

c:

Pudz

Incredible Edible Vegetarian
    Years
  • I'm vegetarian. So is my ex, except she doesn't like most vegetables and I cook all our meals; which can be a challenge! A typical day might be cucumbers with salt and pepper for breakfast, a home made quesadilla with my own recipe of jalapeño sauce and grated cheese for lunch, and then dinner tonight is going to be home made pizzas with tomato sauce, peppers, red onion, mushrooms and jalapeños.

What's the recurring theme here? Well, many vegetarian foods are kinda bland, so we tend to favor spicier, more flavorful dishes. Hot Sauces, Jalapeño peppers, and a lot of different spices are all part of my usual palette. I made an /amazing/ sweet chili stir-fry last night, too O.O

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I tried to be a vegetarian once, but I taste is just too important to me, sadly. So, thus I remain an ominvore. 99% of my meals have at least 1 serving of vegetables, and at least 1, sometimes 3 or 4 servings of meat.

I try to balance it as much as possible, but generally speaking, meat is the only part of the meal that actually tastes good, so I end up eating mostly that. Though not always. Today I had a stirfry that consisted of about 1 pound of broccoli(Not exaggerating at all. lol), a small amount of other assorted veggies and chicken. Oh, and a lot of rice as well.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I'm an omnivore, though I do eat a lot more fruit and vegetables than meat. My diet consists almost entirely of Oatmeal, bran, tuna, various vegetables (mostly broccoli, chinese cabbage, cauliflower, cabbage and beans), peaches, no fat low sugar yogurt and tea.

Late last year I decided to stop eating junk food all together and start eating somewhat healthier food. And I haven't had chocolate or bread and lots of other stuff for like 6 months!

Years
  • Omnivore over here. I pretty much devour any food to be frank. I'm not a fussy eater, though I do eat healthily in my opinion. I gotta try and make this body last after all.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I'm an omnivore, I eat about everything. There are only a few things that I won't eat, because I don't really like them but even those things I won't really mind eating at moments where I just don't really care haha. I absolutely love food, any type of seafood, fruit, vegetables, soup, rice, pastas, everything XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Omnivore, and I can probably safely say that wheats are what I eat the most, specifically bread. If there is nothing to eat, then I'm fine with some bread (though I do prefer something on it than plain). However, if there is no bread, then you can expect me to complain about it. Sometimes I'm even like a little kid, putting things like chicken and other types of meat onto some bread to make a sandwich out of it instead of just eating it plain. I'm not sure how I got into the habit because I didn't have the habit before, though.

I also like fruits, some vegetables, and some fish. My range in what I like to eat has definitely grown over the years, since I used to refuse to eat some vegetables that I'm okay with eating now, and it goes the same for fish in general. However, now I enjoy the fish I've eaten (nothing obscure. just tuna, tilapia, salmon, etc etc) and I'm less picky about my vegetables as well.

In general though, I can sometimes be a pig. Especially when it comes to bread, certain kinds of pasta, and so forth.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm an omnivore, but I probably don't eat as much in the way of plants as I should. Getting descriptive about exactly what it is I eat isn't something I've ever been good at; I'd need to keep a food diary to tell you, but most of it is neither meat nor vegetables, but carb-filled crap.

What made me choose this lifestyle of terrible eating was my mother. Everything that is wrong with my diet is pretty much her fault, she raised me on junk food and no matter how much I plead with her to stop, every week she brings home more junk food. Even if I do manage to convince her to stop, it only lasts a few weeks and then we're right back to Square One. When I move out, my diet will be much better simply by virtue of choosing my own food myself.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • i thought humans weren't meant to be classified as omnivores, carnivores, herbivores

I have no specific dietary requirements. I eat meat, I eat vegetables and everything in between. The only things I don't eat are just personal preference on not liking the taste or texture or whatever, but not dictated by allergies or religion or anything like that.

So yeah, whatever I like the taste of, I eat. :D

Years
  • I am a vegetarian who eats eggs, but very little dairy. I have some vegan tendencies, too, in that I don't want to eat anything made with animal bits even if it's not meat specifically. I guess you could alternatively say I'm a vegan with exceptions for eggs, honey, and some dairy.

Mostly I eat carbs and veggies. I'm not a great cook, but if I was I'd be making lots of curries and stir fries and soups, all stuffed with colorful, tasty-ful veggies.

Why I eat how I do is partly because I never cared for some meats (red meat and any kind of aquatic creature) and I don't like to see animals suffer, but what pushed me over into Vegetarilandia was finding out how environmentally destructive raising animals for food is.

Ayselipera

I try to eat high protein, low carb, fat, sodium, and no sugars. If I have to eat sugars I try to make sure that they're natural ones such as all natural peanut butter. As of late I've been eating just veggie wraps or eggs. Sometimes I'll have fish, chicken, or turkey, but mostly fish. I don't eat any red meat whatsoever, no junk food, and with so few carbs I'm limited to low carb wraps for my main carb intake. The only dairy I have is a handful of cheeses and I only drink water, tea, and coffee.

So my diet is mainly lean meats (no red meat) , green vegetables, small amount of certain cheeses, and a serving of something usually under 12 carbs. I eat this way because I hate my body yayayaya

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm an omnivore, though I mainly eat meat. Meat is what's mostly being served to me, but I'm still served vegetables from time to time.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I'm an omnivore.

Warm meals I eat always have one or more types of vegetables and almost always a type of meat and fish. warm meals I eat often include salad as a side dish, especially when the dish itself doesn't contain much vegetables. I tend to avoid deep-fried food.

Breakfast and lunch are almost always a combination of bread with Peanut Butter/Chocolate spread/cheese etc. and some fruit.

I tend to stay away from junk-food, though I like to have some kebab from time to time (once every two/three weeks). I do snack a lot though, especially crisps aren't safe around me.

I was raised with a varied and balanced diet, saying it isn't healthy to eat just one thing. They always encouraged me to taste new things. "If it wasn't tasty, people wouldn't eat it." I like the fact that I'm not a picky eater in general (I used to when I was a kid). There are a few things I'm not too fond of, like salmon or raw tomatoes (I hate it when they put tomatoes in salads, yet I use tomatoes almost every time I'm cooking meat) The only thing I can't eat are eggplants, I hate the flavor of those things too much.

Here's an example of the things I eat on one day:

Breakfast:
    -2 slices of bread with peanut butter.

During the day:
    -4 slices of bread again with peanut butter. (I'm usually too lazy to make different kinds of sandwiches in the morning XD)
    -An apple
    -A banana
    -A donut

Diner:
    -Rice with white beans, cabbage and mackerel.

Dessert:
    Yogurt with grapes and walnuts.

I don't eat anything after dessert.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Vegetarian. Staple meals are stir fry, curry and pasta, always with spices put it. Vegetarian meals are only bland if you ignore herbs/spices, otherwise they're fine. Whenever I cook for people who eat meat they always enjoy it, and say they never thought something without meat could taste that good; so I'm quite proud of my cooking!

Although I often find a recipe to try something new, I'm not getting much variety at the moment because the oven is broken. Dinner is the only meal I actually put effort into or care about, so...
    Breakfast = porridge/oatmeal/crumpets or nothing.

Lunch = cheese/egg wrap or baguette, depends what they actually in the college canteen; half the time there's nothing vegetarian there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I guess I'm an omnivore, but a really picky one. I don't like pork, so I don't eat anything made with it, and the only beef products I really eat are hamburgers. I don't like steak or roast beef. For the most part, I eat chicken and fish. My sandwiches usually have turkey or chicken cold cuts.

As for non-meat stuff, I eat lots of salads and dairy (mostly yogurt), but I'm a real addict to carbs. I eat a lot of breads, crackers, pasta, and basically anything else in that food group. I'm ~trying~ to cut down but they're the most accessible things for me!

I've cut out most pop and junk foods (except for special occasions), and although I've had a weak moment with fast food lately, I'm trying to cut that out as well. I also don't drink alcohol during the week and I don't drink very often on weekends (again, special occasions). I'm a total health nut, so I get freaked out by the empty calories haha.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Strictly speaking, an omnivore, though I'm definitely more like a carnivore who eats a few plants (and consumes large amounts of fruit-flavored beverages). The only vegetables I eat regularly are potatoes (and only in french fry form) and I'll occasionally eat carrots and corn. Other than that, it's mostly meat for me.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I shall reply to my own thread because that is the thing people who didn't answer the thread questions in the OP in these cases!! And because I'm sure you're all very, very fascinated to know what I eat!

I'm a pescetarian, which, to most people, is just a word to describe a vegetarian who eats fish on occasion. That's really what I am, but vegetarians around the world will be up in arms if I say that since I'm not really a vegetarian since I still eat some form of meat. Predominantly, however, I'm a vegetarian with pescetarian tendencies from time to time. I don't eat fish often - maybe once a week - but I do eat it. For a while, I've been a full vegetarian, but circumstances prevented me from continuing that choice in lifestyle. I had to go back to eating meat. Luckily, I only had to go back to eating meat on occasion. I made the decision that I wouldn't be eating the main forms of meat the most people I know do - you know, beef, pork, turkey, chicken, etc. and decided that I would get what I need to get from meat only through fish. Still, if given the choice between a dish without fish and a dish with fish, I will choose the dish without any fish and I always look for vegetarian alternatives over it. It's a last resort sort of thing, and is mostly applied when I eat out and don't feel like eating a salad.

The reason I wanted to be a vegetarian mostly contributes to two things. For one, I watched a lot of documentaries documenting slaughterhouses. I've seen enough to know that most of the places seem to operate the same and I couldn't help but develop some emotional attachment to the animals that would be shot in the head and teared for their flesh. Because of the emotional attachment to the animals that I got, I developed the opinion that mass killing animals isn't something I wanted to participate in. You're probably thinking that it's a little hypocritical of me to say that, since I eat fish, so I'll rephrase that so saying land animals, which isn't going to stop you from thinking that, because it isn't stopping me. I don't really have a logical reason for excluding fish, but the reason I do is because I just don't see them enough like I do all the others. It's hard for me to imagine fish having feelings since they look so different compared to the animal in farms. The other reason is because I remember when I ate meat, I just couldn't stop myself from picturing sharp fangs tearing into my own flesh tearing muscles up. I also realized that I didn't really eat that much meat anyway, and wouldn't really be losing much.

I've also developed a lot of things from that that I don't really like due to this. I have a lot of friends who are meat eaters and when they ever bring up eating meat, I do think a little less of them in that immediate moment. I know, again, I eat meat since I eat fish, and that's hypocritical of me. There isn't really much rationalization in it. It's a very snap thing and doesn't last very long. I also despise it when people tell me to eat meat. And the thought of having a predominantly carnivorous diet makes me nauseous as I see that as extremely savage, uncivilized, and animalistic. That's not to say I think that of the actual people who live that lifestyle, though! Just the lifestyle itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back