• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Specific pokemon/Specific moveset

Years
    Have u ever used a certain pokemon, or a specific moveset to aide u in the capture of a rare/legendary pokemon? I have...

Pokemon: Lv.55 Vulpix
    Item: None
    Attacks: Fire Spin, Imprison, Roar, Quick Attack
    Uses: To catch Raikou. Fire Spin prevents it from running away for a while, & Imprison prevents it from using Roar, since Vulpix knows Roar. Quick Attack can be used to do light amounts of damage, so u dont have 2 risk KO'ing him because of a crit.

Pokemon: Lv.60 Sableye
    Item: None
    Attacks: Mean Look, Night Shade, Fury Swipes, Recover
    Uses: To catch Latios & Latias. Not affected by Psychic, Mean Look prevents fleeing, Night Shade wont crit, & Fury Swipes is good for light damage.

Pokemon: Lv.60 Gengar
    Item: Brightpowder
    Attacks: Mean Look, Hypnosis, Double Team, Night Shade
    Uses: To catch Suicune. Mean Look prevents fleeing, Double Team makes him harder to hit along with Brightpowder, Hypnosis puts foe to sleep, & Night Shade wont crit.

Well those are a couple, has anyone else done anything like this? If u do, or if u have any advice on how i could improve on these movesets plz feel 2 post.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    We need to know your Pokemon's natures, EVs, and all that good stuff before we can give a proper rate.
    Also Pokemon with no item are generally a bad idea.

Years
    they had items, i was just doing this from memory, & i couldnt remember so i put "none". cant put EV's, dont know them, dont know how to check em, & i still really dont understand them, so...

edit: they're not really meant 4 battles, just catching legends.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Smeargle.

Ingrain, Mean Look, False Swipe, Spore.

False Swipe for 100% not-KOing, Ingrain to prevent Roar, Mean Look to prevent running and Spore for extra catching chance. Start off with a Spore from Smeargle's high speed, then set up Ingrain and Mean Look. Once that's done, False Swipe away.

Years
    wow! smart! i forgot all about smeargle's amazing ability to sketch. i'd better write that down somewhere, i've got a bunch of smeargle on emerald, & im sure i could easily sketch those moves on XD. thanx:) anyone else got anymore?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    well i've a shiny Farfetch that is my partner in catch legends =)

False Swipe, Mud Slap, Roost and Double team

False Swipe for secure last hit, Mud Slap for reduce a bit of Hp and cause lose of acuracy, Double Team to recive no damage and Roost because catch legends in the most cases are long battles. Of course this little guy don't do any help with runings legends XP, for those i use my crobat:

Mean Look, Astonish, Substitute and Roost

Mean Look to prevent fleing, Astonish to de a little damage, Substitute and Roost to keep fighting for a long time.

Back