• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] spectate AI vs AI battle

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    hello, i saw this video and i'm just wondering how these guys made ai vs ai battles? tried to ask them without any replies.

https://youtu.be/wL80l6faNT8

I assume EBS, but you can't expect me to find what you're referring to in an 11-minute long video. More information.

And AI stands for Artificial Intelligence. AI is about what the computer does and the logic behind that. I don't see what "spectate AI" is supposed to mean.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2022
    yes sorry, I mean the players are just watching the battle and not joining it. The AI is taking choice (moves or switches) for them. I don't think it's made with flash and yes it is Elite Battle System (EBS).

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    yes sorry, I mean the players are just watching the battle and not joining it. The AI is taking choice (moves or switches) for them. I don't think it's made with flash and yes it is Elite Battle System (EBS).

Ah, I thought one of them was playing (didn't have sound on). It's an interesting idea, though I'm not going to mess with it:) You'll have to set up player one as the computer as well as player 2 or something... I wouldn't know (without looking at the code, that is).

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Lol, there's this thing called video editing. You know? You can pre-record a battle and then, later commentate over it. Also, given the questions I've received on EBS from these guys, I'm highly sceptical that they have the technical prowess to script that. Also, might I add, were this really an AI vs AI battle, the command windows on the player's side would not show up.

There'd be no easy way to go about doing that. You'd first have to make a dummy battle instance, and bypass the command and fight menu phases on the player's side, and depending on how smart you want your AIs to be, implement an algorithm that would favour certain moves over others, based on the current situation. I doubt there is a "do A then do B" method to this.

Last edited:
    Back