• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation speculation...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    So! Amidst all the excitement when a new Pokémon main series game is announced, speculation abounds. Our minds race with ideas and expectations on what GameFreak has in store for our next big adventure. Some people like speculating, other people aren't too big on it. So what about you guys, how do you enjoy speculating? Or do you avoid speculating, and focus more on confirmed information? Are there any particular aspects of the game that you especially enjoy speculating on? (the region? the new features? the plot?)

Mapleseruhp

Author Maple
    Years
    Hmm i've been developing a plot theory for if the region is based off of hawaii or south america. We have this evil team that doesn't want history to be forgotten in our modern times, and what better way to do this than summon one of the oldest known pokemon that has been around since the sun/moon themselves. In order to be summoned, the mayan temple or whatever needs to be shined with moonlight/sunlight on an artifact thing. Yup, this is my crappy theory.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    I think speculation is a ton of fun and adds to the hype, though I tend to just listen to other people's theories instead of trying to come up with my own. For the case of Sun and Moon, I don't really think there's much to speculate at all. Really, I think speculation is just a way for people to excitedly show off the ideas they already have for Pokemon games. :P

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    I like speculation as much as anyone, but you gotta know when to balance digging in too deep on every little official and blown up thing the fans tend to do. A healthy dose of expectation is also important.

It also depends on what the speculation is towards too; I set them based on my general interest with said series and its fanbase. When it comes to Pokemon the formula is the most prevalent use of 'if it ain't broke' in video games, but it's still relatively solid nonetheless. With that with every new release I have a mix of knowing what to expect and what not to due to how the formula works. Not just with speculation but with expectation, a lot of people can get really heated in the latter and it can the former by a lot.

Back