• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Speed Art Challenge Planning

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Speed Art Challenge Planning

Note: Provisional Banner - May change before event starts

What is the challenge about?:
    - You will draw randomly generated pokémon as fast as you can within a time limit
    - You can either draw the pokefusion generated or you can create your own pokefusion
    - Each session will have a different theme

Tools that can be used:
    - Paint or any other drawing program you have available.
    -Paper, pencil, pen, color pencils, markers, etc.. (you will need to take a picture of your artwork and paste them into the blueprint)

Rules:
    - Original artwork, (no copy, paste or edit pre-existing artwork)
    -- Remember to add characteristics to your pokémon/drawing according to the theme
    - Avoid overusing effects (preferably create your own effects, not pre-existing ones)
    - Only completed artwork done live in the discord server
    - All participants will have a time window of 10 minutes if they are running late for a session
    - Complete all tasks:
    -- 1st pokémon (15 minutes), 2nd pokémon (15 minutes), fusion (30 minutes)
    -- Each pokémon must have their name on top and the time frame done below
    -- You must add PC GT Speed Art 2023 on top as tittle with the number of the session next to it and right bellow the session's theme:
    --- Example: PC GT Speed Art 2023 - S1
    Party
    -- Add your signature/PCname on the bottom right corner of you finished artwork
    (For details check the blueprint)
    -- Post your Artwork on the Discord Server - Voice Channel for voting (amount of reactions decide the winner of the session) / Alternatively a poll will be created) (Depending, the votings would last no more than 24h).

Blueprint that will be used:
    -You can create your own blueprint or you can use this one as reference:
    Spoiler:

Scoring:
    -Participation: 10 pts
    -Winner artwork per session: 20 pts
    -Achievements:
    --Participating in all 4 sessions: 10 extra pts
    --Winning at least two rounds: 20 extra point (can be achieved only once per participant)
    --Bonus from secret round: coming soon!

Dates & Time:
    -Monday August 14th 2:00 PM EST
    -Wednesday August 16th 4:30 PM EST
    -Monday August 21th 2:00 PM EST
    -Wednesday August 23th 4:30 PM EST
    - Bonus Secret round: coming soon!

Place:
    -Discord Server - GT EVENT
    --Voice Channel Room
    --- Share Screen (Optional)

Entry form:
    -Name:
    -Team:
    -Color: Star Platinum (only when you have read all rules to validate entry)

Participants List:

Participant Name | Participated in at least 1S? | S#1 | S#2 | S#3 | S#4 | winner? | winner of 2 rounds? | Participated in all 4S? | Bonus | Total

Last edited:
    Years

Love seeing this event come back! Like the idea of fusions for this year's one!

Event seems basically the same as usual, so happy on that front. I will say I am glad the items are not in this year's (unless they are and you're just undecided yet).

Regarding points, I don't know if this helps but this is what you had last year:

Participation Points per-round - 5 points
    Successfully completing all tasks grants - 20 points.
    Secret Bonus - 20 points and a wild card of your choice.
    Bonus points per likes/emoticons - [This didn't have a value]
    Bonus points for the artwork with most likes/emoticons - 50 points

More than happy to talk points!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Love seeing this event come back! Like the idea of fusions for this year's one!

Event seems basically the same as usual, so happy on that front. I will say I am glad the items are not in this year's (unless they are and you're just undecided yet).

Regarding points, I don't know if this helps but this is what you had last year:

More than happy to talk points!

hi :) , glad you like the event.

The items rule was an experiment last year, I ended up removing it in the end so I won't add it anymore so no worries, the event will stay the same with a few tweaks here and there.

I always had troubles setting points because it's kind of a mix of a short and long event. This time I chose the point base for short event for now. I'm open to suggestions regarding them.
    Having previous year reference is always nice to have, thanks :)

Years
    hi :) , glad you like the event.

The items rule was an experiment last year, I ended up removing it in the end so I won't add it anymore so no worries, the event will stay the same with a few tweaks here and there.

I always had troubles setting points because it's kind of a mix of a short and long event. This time I chose the point base for short event for now. I'm open to suggestions regarding them.
    Having previous year reference is always nice to have, thanks :)

If you're doing 4 sessions with 10 points to the winner then you're only doing 40 points max to a team. I'd say it's probably okay to bump your points a little further to 20 for the win. Then it's a max of 80 points to one side + participation which is more of a mid point between the longform and shortform games.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    If you're doing 4 sessions with 10 points to the winner then you're only doing 40 points max to a team. I'd say it's probably okay to bump your points a little further to 20 for the win. Then it's a max of 80 points to one side + participation which is more of a mid point between the longform and shortform games.

Is it ok if I better add 1st 2nd and 3rd place for points?
    updated scores for now, they are still provisional until completition

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Almost ready, if there something you think needs to be fixed, adjusted, added or removed let me know

Years
    Now I've seen the points etc. again - all good my end! Fingers crossed for some more people this time, 'cause this one sounds good! All Approved!

Back