• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speed Based Team rate

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    I've always loved fast pokemon, so here is my speed team, still under construction. Suggestions for held items would also be welcome.

Ninetales

Flamethrower
    Nasty Plot
    Hypnosis
    Energy Ball

Jolteon

Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Yawn
    False Tears

Weavelle

Ice Punch
    Night Slash
    Aerial Ace
    Swords Dance

Starmie

Psychic
    Surf
    Minimize
    Recovery

Dugtrio

Earthquake
    Fissure
    Stone Edge
    Attraction

????? (not sure on what to make the 6th memeber)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Alakazam has pretty decent speed

-Modest Nature (+sp atk, - atk) [or a Timid nature (+sp -atk) if you would prefer]
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Energy Ball
    Recover

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    Ehh, I'm not sure I want two psychic types on my team. I was thinking another physical based pokemon like Aerodactyl.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    Dugtrio

Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Filler(Sucker Punch or something)

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    Ninetales @ Leftovers
    Modest/Timid Nature
    200 Spd/160 Sp Def/100 Def/50 Sp. Atk
    -Flamethrower
    -Energy Ball
    -Dark Pulse
    -Nasty Plot

that is my exact ninetales and believe it or not, it SWEEPS. it's not only good as a special wall, but it rocks at taking down popular walls. people underestimate it so much, which is what i love about it. i love bringing one in against special walls and maxing out its Sp Attack. what you really need to be careful w/ on this one is dragons. in a tight situation, you'll really need to hope that Dark Pulse gets you a flinch.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    Ninetales @ Leftovers
    Modest/Timid Nature
    200 Spd/160 Sp Def/100 Def/50 Sp. Atk
    -Flamethrower
    -Energy Ball
    -Dark Pulse
    -Nasty Plot

that is my exact ninetales and believe it or not, it SWEEPS. it's not only good as a special wall, but it rocks at taking down popular walls. people underestimate it so much, which is what i love about it. i love bringing one in against special walls and maxing out its Sp Attack. what you really need to be careful w/ on this one is dragons. in a tight situation, you'll really need to hope that Dark Pulse gets you a flinch.

I was thinking of going the three-attack route. My only concern is being able to Nasty Plot up Ninetales's sp attack without getting whacked. I figure having hypnosis would buy me a turn or two of nasty plotting in peace, and act as a bit of an annoyer.

I like the Ninjask idea... any suggestions for a moveset for it?

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Ninjask cant attack it has a great speed base stat (160) but it can't do wall, or sweeper, it is an awesome BP (Baton passer) a free speed boost every round, and if your enemy is stupid enough to swap, a free swords dance, which makes it awesome, my combo of mamo and ninjask, own!

Here is the set:

Ninjask @ Leftovers
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Nature: Any speed boost
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Speed / 6 whatever
    IVs: 31 HP and 31 Speed (Always try get this)
    Moveset:
    - Substitute
    - Swords dance
    - Baton Pass
    - Roost

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Ninjask can't sweep but with 252 ATK EV instead of HP (like as if it can live anyway) it still has a very respectable attack somewhere close to 300. Take out roost and exchange it for scissor cross. It's still a threat to those weak to bug, and definitely does very well in picking off weakened opponents.

Just make sure that HP is the smallest number divisible by 4 at the end, maximize speed EV to 252, and dump the rest of it into attack. It's always better of a Pokemon is more versatile. Doing nothing but baton passing is not flexible. Give it at least one way to do something else and take advantage of its speed.

Samson

Years
    I was thinking of going the three-attack route. My only concern is being able to Nasty Plot up Ninetales's sp attack without getting whacked. I figure having hypnosis would buy me a turn or two of nasty plotting in peace, and act as a bit of an annoyer.

I like the Ninjask idea... any suggestions for a moveset for it?

well it's gonna get hit no matter what considering that its speed is not THAT high, so you really have to be smart about when you bring it out. since it is in my Night themed time, i bring it out after i have inflicted sleep on someone or especially when they bring out a wall like Dusknoir or Cresselia who plan on weakening your Physical sweepers.

also, you don't wanna give ninjask swords dance. that's just a move slot wasted considering you'll never really use it. you'll want Roost/Baton Pass/Substitute/Aerial Ace.

you max out its attack and speed, and Aerial Ace is especially for if you run into another Ninjask (beleive it or not, you'll run into them once in a while) or to make a quick finish on someone. besides, a lot of types are resistant to X-Scissor.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I can't be bothered rating the team right now, but I'll do that at some point, too, as some of the movesets are pretty bad. But just let me say this: any Trick Room team will defeat your team with you only getting a couple of hits in.

Baton Passing Speed Boosts on a Speed-based team is unnecessary, making a BPJask a complete waste. Use:

Ninja @ Choice Band
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Adamant nature (Atk, -Sp.Atk)
    EVs: 100 HP, 252 Attack, 156 Speed

- X-Scissor/U-Turn
    - Night Slash
    - Aerial Ace
    - Baton Pass/Roost

CBJask was a total beast in Advance and I'm sure it'll do pretty well in D/P, too. Just switch it in on a CBed Earthquake and predict the switch-in, attacking with the right move for the Pokémon or if you're unsure about what your opponent will switch in, use Baton Pass, see what your opponent switches in and send out a counter for that Pokémon. However, if you decide to use U-turn, use Roost instead of Baton Pass because they would otherwise do the same thing. Ninjask needs more good physical moves imo. <.<
    Ninjask can't sweep but with 252 ATK EV instead of HP (like as if it can live anyway) it still has a very respectable attack somewhere close to 300. Take out roost and exchange it for scissor cross. It's still a threat to those weak to bug, and definitely does very well in picking off weakened opponents.
    Ninjask can sweep, and it sweeps pretty darn well. It has 90 base attack which is already pretty high. Just like you said, its maximum un-boosted Attack is 306 and with a Choice Band its attack will be well over 400. Ninjask can also easily OH-KO common things such as other Ninjasks, Alakazam, Exeggutor Medicham, Gengar and Heracross and can easily deal with Jolteon, Umbreon, Gardevoir, Blaziken and Infernape among others. That, in my opinion, is some pretty respectable sweeping.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    *Cough* CBJask should be more like:

- X-Scissor
    - Night Slash
    - Aerial Ace
    - U-Turn

Since U-Turn does precisely the same switch-in thing as Baton Pass but deals some damage to boot, but X-Scissor is also useful as a strong STAB move, whereas Roost really won't do crap for you. xP

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    I appeciate all the help! I haven't played Pokemon since the old days of Red, so I'm not terribly skilled with the newer elements of the 4th gen games.

I'm sure many members of my team have the scent of 1st gen design on them.

I'll have to grab a Ninjask and get a feel for it.

The other pokemon I'm not so sure about is my Jolteon. I'm very sure on the Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball attacks, but I'm not sure what else do use. I didn't want to go the route of another pure sweeper, since my team is sweeper heavy. I didn't bother with thunder wave since paralyzing foes doesn't help me as much it does with a slower team.

Does anyone have some suggestions for Jolt's other powers? Please don't say agility and baton pass. I don't need to pass speed boosts to my other team members.

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far.

Samson

Years
    well i have jolteon at Thunderbolt/Substitute/Agility/Baton Pass.

i basically use him for crash testing. if i know the person thinks i'm gonna switch out, i Agilipass, but if i'm not sure what move they'll use at all, then i usually substitute. chances are if they break it, then they're probably gonna use the same attack again, which leaves you at the advantage of knowing who to switch in.

Back