• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Speed

Years
    hello, what is speed stats used for? dose it make your attack stronger or rais's attack missed? or somthing eles?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2004
    yes it can be very helpful especially with attacks like quick attack. Although quick attack doesn;t do a lot of dmg, it does let you attack first! Very handy when you use an item and want to attack first.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 9, 2004
    Malc said:
    hello, what is speed stats used for? dose it make your attack stronger or rais's attack missed? or somthing eles?
    If your pkmn has more speed stats than u'r opponent's pkmn, your pkmn attacks first. (Unless your opponent uses protect,quick attack,etc.)

Phantom Angel

aka Dark Heaven
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 30, 2004
    DeadlyAssassin said:
    sometimes quickattack won't work if your opponent's speed is very high i believe
    No, Quick Attack(or Extreme Speed) ALWAYS goes first.
    Even enemy is Ninjask at higher level.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Some attacks always go first... such as Quick Attack, Extremespeed, Snatch and etc...

Some attacks are also destined to go last such as pseudohazes.

Speed does nothing more but determine which Pokemon attacks first, but that's a pretty crucial stat for some Pokemon.

Fastest Pokemon: Ninjask, (2nd) Deoxy

Years
    ok, while this threads here... what would u say a good moveset is for a relaxed donphan?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    a relaxed donphan shouldn't really exist in the first place... x_x

stick with rapid spin, earthquake, rest and something else for now (thinking on top of my head)... not too sure about other moves that it can learn in RS though. Leftovers as items like always.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
    well since we're talking about speed let me ask WHY in the world does my Kingdra(<-one of my favorites)always attack first no matter wat.

kingdra speed is 224 compared to my rayquaza 316
    in a 2-on-2 dual kingdra attacks 1st then rayquaza?! has this happend to anyone else?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Many reasons.. especially if this is on GBA and not on NB.

-Rayquaza's EV and Kingdra's EV distribution in terms of speed is different
    -Rayquaza's IV and Kingdra's IV are different in speed category
    -personality speed boost/hinder
    -use of dragon dance, or baton passing buffs

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    EV=effort values (you get additional points in a certain stat for beating a pok?mon that is strong in that stat) for example, if one of your pok?mon has beaten a Crobat before, your pok?mon will gain three additional speed points (crobat's strongest stat is speed).

IV=Individual values (a random number between 1 and 31 for each of the pok?mon's stats that will tell you how each stat compares to the others ) for example, if a pok?mon with a base attack of 300 and a base defense of 300 has 31 IV's in attack and 3 in defense, the attack will be stronger

Back