• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speedruns

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Speedruns

Do you like to have Speedruns of your video games? If so, why? What kinds of video games do you prefer to have Speedruns on? What was the best time(s) that you've ever gotten, or remember from speed running a video game?​

TY

I love doing them, but i usually end up taking longer over it than i thought. Though i did beat a mission in C&C Generals in 5 minutes by only using the starting units haha. Then again most of the games i play aren't really suitable for speedruns.

Years
  • The only game I can really do a speed run on, is Sonic The Hedgehog 2. My cousin and I would do them a lot when we were younger, and it was always a (friendly) competition to see who can beat it faster.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I tend to love speedrunning certain levels but whole games? naw. Maybe later when I have time.

That said watching speedruns? They're the god damn best.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I love watching Speed Runs but I myself can't imagine doing one myself. Sounds like too much effort. = P

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • The only game I can even come close to speedrunning is Uncharted 3 and even that makes me a good 7 hours. (not sure if that is a speedrun XD) I just take so long with games but Uncharted 3 seems to be something I can be in one to two days since the game feels so fast and by that I mean nonstop action.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I have never and will never speed run a game! I don't even like watching them. Let's plays yes, speed runs no. Skipping cutscenes, not collecting everything, not enjoying the scenery, and just general rushing completely ruins the fun for me no matter what genre or game it is. The only time I will ever speed run any section of a game is if it will unlock an achievement, however I will not go for these particular achievements until after a complete regular playthrough.

Years
  • I do speedruns of few games that are underrated.

As for watching them, I love to watch tool-assisted speedruns, as they are indeed entertaining. It gets a lot of crap because people instantly assume that it's all hacking, when really it's a way to get the perfect time to complete the game as possible.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I speedrun games while doing everything game offers and collecting everything... is this still speedrun?
    Speedruns only happen when I have whole week or more of free time 'cause most of my speedruns are week or so.

Back