• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spending Summer?

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    Surprised a thread about this hasn't been made yet..
    What exactly do you plan on doing with your Summer holidays? How do you usually spend your holidays?
    Whether you have a few internships waiting for you, or whether you plan on traveling a little, learning a language, perfecting a skill, making plans as it goes, partying or even studying, do you want to make the most out of it?
    I know a lot of people who said they're going to catch up with some television shows, meet up with friends, and exercise to lose weight. Sadly, the latter is a resolution I've never seen come true with anyone. Reiterating the question, what are your resolutions for this Summer?

(I'll reply after a few posts, so that I can keep the first post short.)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I was planning on just chilling out at my house watching dvds, anime, tv. Playing video games from time to time. But it seems work like to give me a bunch of hours all of a sudden, so there goes the leisure time. It's all good though cause I will be going to see Captain America & Deathly Hallows Part 2 in the upcoming weeks. As far as resolutions go, I don't buy into that garbage wither it's New Years or right when I get out of school I just do what I do when I can.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I'm trying to spend as much summer as possible with him. <3(:
    I'm going to be seeing him the fourth, and that's about made my summer, even if it is only for a few days. At least I get to see him. I can only hope that I get to see him later in the summer as well, perhaps if we can get together. Long distance is tough. Other than seeing him, summer is spent either lounging around the house/exercising/catching up on TV/Hanging with the Family/out with friends. None of those options are too bad in moderation, but too much of ANY ONE is annoying and makes it boring. Except for of course, being with him<3

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    I've started learning Python, and I've finally gotten round to improving my vocals and piano skills, still pretty new to the piano, but it's working out. Need to get my band to finally record something worthwhile. Raise my new cat, and give it the attention it needs.. Got a couple of internships with a UN organization and the WWF. There's so much racing through my head since I'll be applying to universities by this September, but I'm glad everything is slowly pulling itself together. I'm relaxed about the fact that I don't need a timetable for all of this. I'll get somewhere if I'm genuinely interested.

Studying in Sixth Form pretty much takes away your life from you if you want good grades, but the the
    holidays you get in return feel better than ever.

Years
    Well, mostly I'm assembling a Warhammer Fantasy army for the Empire(just got the battalion box today). As you can guess, it's expensive, but mostly because I only get what, $140 every month. As for travel plans, I'm actually going to Pennsylvania in about 2 Hours, so I'll be gone from PC for a week.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    My main focus for the summer is TO LEARN AND STUDY MWUAHAHA

Linear Algebra, Calculus Based Physics, and some Philosophy. Also some guides on improving myself academically (becoming a straight A student)

Oh, and to write my fanfic. That's what half my summer is. The other half is spent on sleeping.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Preparatory work, reading and watching television.

As boring as that sounds, especially the last one, it's less a case of doing stuff out of boredom and doing this stuff as I'm running out of time. Law school starts on August 1, so these last few weeks are essentially all the summer I have left. I need to do preparatory work for law school; I have about three fiction books I should finish before then; there's also the goal I set for myself to watch seasons 2 of The Good Wife and The Vampire Diaries. Busy, busy summer ahead for me!

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
    Online classes (heads and hands and 16th-19th century art history. If you couldn't tell I'm an art student :P)

And just sitting on my butt on PC and Tumblr and all kinds of other forums.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    I am traveling in a week or so to Italy, then Greece, then Turkey, then Russia. I have relatives all over the world. I'm going to stay overall for around a month and a half. When I come back, I'll go to the beach and stuff.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Well, for the 4th we grill hog dogs and burgers. We also do fireworks or watch fireworks. Also, early this summer I went to Oklahoma and got to see my cousin and then, he came back here for a week :D

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Just chill at my house, hang out with friends at the pool, go to Florida with my family, and to Myrtle Beach with my grandparents. Friends from Canada are also traveling over to my house, so I guess we're going to show them some cool places in the U.S.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    SUMMER SCHOOL YAY.

on top of summer school I do a lot of reading because I don't really have time to with all my classes during the regular school year. now that i'm only dealing with 2 classes, it's a bit more managable. I also hang out with my friends more since everyone's home from college. lots of bbqs and swimming :D

I usually go on vacation too buuuuuut we got a puppy not too long ago and i'm in school still so we haven't had time to.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    First, I'll go through my second week of computer camp, then spend the rest of the summer working, though I don't know what my exact job is.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I start working this Tuesday so thats how I will be spending my Summer; working Mondays-Thursdays at my old High School. On Fridays I will be hanging out with my friends and Saturdays and Sundays I would find something to do.

:t354:TG

Years
    I'm going to do what I've done for two summers in a row: work. Because I have a job and aren't in school, all summer means to me is that it's extremely hot outside. :(

The only thing of note is that I'm visiting my sister at the end of the month for about two and a half days.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    When I'm not working, I'm either sleeping forever, playing The Sims, or playing Zelda games. I practice the piano like I'm supposed to, and maybe watch a little TV. Kind of unproductive, but I save all my productive-ness for school. (b")b

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, I plan to go to a couple of weddings, study, party some, obtain my drivers license, and finish up all the homework I have for the summer. Woohoo.

Back