• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spider Riders. What's the deal?

Years
  • As you or you may not know, Kids WB is airing the anime pilot of a mecha show called Spider Riders after Pokemon next week. Anyone going to watch?

I find it weird they're doing that, considering they want to rid their anime image. Anyone know why they're doing this? Beyond trying to kill an hour?

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Anime News Network: Spider Riders on Kids WB
    Kids WB has picked up Spider Riders and will air it on Saturdays beginning June 17. Funimation acquired the series in April.

I don't know much more then that.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    i'm really just surprised that they dubbed it so quickly...it's only on ep 10 so it'll be interesting i guess. Though i really didn't like it (from the first ep) but meh

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Wow, you mean that's actually from Japan? I thought it was one of those things like Totally Spies or Teen Titans. I'm not really into that sort of thing, but if it ever happens to be on when I've got nothing else to watch, maybe I'll try it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm giving it a chance because its an anime, somewhat anyway.
    The art is cool, and the voices sound decent... the only thing is that the whole Giant Spider thing makes me ify... x___x I mean come on? Gigantic Spiders?

Anyhoo, this story was originally a book series for children created by a husband and a wife that lived in the USA. So technically, the idea came from an american book series of the same name.... but someone got an idea to show it to Japan, and they said 'Kewl! Lets make it an anime series!'. KidsWB gave them that idea, so bascially, it may have been created in Japan, but it was made for WB, even though there HAD to be a Japanese version first.

Since they tried so hard to make it an anime....I'm gonna watch it. ^^;
    Not to mention the fact that the main character looks adorable. <3 XD

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • The story line seems kinda... cheesy. Come on, Giant Spiders? Couldn't they think up something more irignal? I'll still give it a go, even though I'm fairly sure that its directed towards a younger crowd. *shrugs* but thats why the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover" was made, for instances like this.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, I might give it a shot. So, it's an anime, based off a book made in the US? Heh, still better than games made here based off Japanese stuff. XD Well it looks a'irght. What I got to lose sweeties, besides my selfrespect. XD
    Wiki is your friend.

Years
  • Well, there seems to be a female moth character (guess she's a villain), so maybe we'll get a Mothra reference? Whoo.

Just bizarre to get invested because not like it will stay on Kids WB anyway.

Looks at wikipedia's entry on it now.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think it'll stay...unless Cartoon Network airs it....
    but they worked so hard to make it, having it done all the way in Japan, I doubt its one of those that'll taken off after a few weeks...

Years
  • I know of the husband/wife team and they have been writing in the animation field for at least 20-25 years and their work is quite decent, so my fear is assuaged. Heh.

Watching it now. I have to admit, the Princess looks a little too CCS for my tastes.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    I just watched this show formy first time. A whole episode. It seriously was the most retarded show I have ever seen. People need some new ideas lol.......some good one's at least.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2006
    I kind of like the show. It is a little strange. Who does the voice of Shadow the spider? It sounds like Tim Allen but I am not sure. I checked imdb no cast info yet.

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    Meh, I'll just check out the japanese raw and see what I make of it since I missed the dubbed. =P

waregreymon

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Well i kind of like the show. I sure like how thw characters look like. They got some cool voices. Whoever things this show is not great, well they are wrong. Is this an anime, it sure looks like it. I even have the first 4 episodes in my computer in high quality.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Don't you guys know?! this is the very show that is replacing pokemon on Kids WB!!! For that very reason I did'nt even give it a chance(it looks generic anyway).

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2006
    Darkralts7 said:
    Don't you guys know?! this is the very show that is replacing pokemon on Kids WB!!! For that very reason I did'nt even give it a chance(it looks generic anyway).

I didn't see either Spider Riders or Pokeman on the CW/WB fall Listing. Also, the WB will wrap-up the Pokemon season like they did yugi-oh. Unless, fox broadcast stations will air them. After he makes it to the elite 4 and becomes one. That is really the end of the Pokemon series.

Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get A Clue! will be using Pokemon time slot.

There is still the pillow-head hour that has not been announced. Pokemon could be in that hour.

I would list the website, I can not post the link. Since, I have not made 15 post.
    It is on the toonzone website.

Last edited:

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Hm... perhaps you have a point, i never thought about the pillow head hour!
    thanx! (Sorry though, i just was supremely ticked that pokemon was taken off the WB at the time, but I take back what i said about Spider Riders.)^_^

Back