• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spirit Saiyan: Legacy of a Saiyan Revealed

2wingsrbettaden1

Dragon Trainer
Years
  • SPIRIT SAIYAN

CHAPTER 1
    The Beginning

Greetings, I?m here to tell you a tale.... a tale that has never been heard before. You could say I?m your narrator.
    Now, have you ever wondered whatever happens to the pok?mon who were lost, forgotten...? DEAD? Well you're about to find out. It all started about five years ago, in a classroom of twenty students...

''Class, I would like you to meet Jake. He's new here at our school, so please be nice and one of you volunteers to show him around at recess. Insisted Mr. Smith a short man wearing a striped shirt and a blue tie, he had gray hair and dark black eyes.

Something told Marty Mason that he had seen Jake before, he couldn?t shake the feeling that Jake was the same guy who saved his butt late last night on Lileep hill. '' I better volunteer and thank this Guy.'' thought Marty.'' I'll volunteer Mr. Smith!''

''Excellent! Excellent!? cried Mr. Smith.

RING! RING! RING!

''That's the bell children! Go enjoy your recess! And Marty, please show Jake around.''

Marty and Jake rushed out of the Class and walked on the grass field outside the school. Marty gave a short tour of the school
    to Jake and they were now walking around the back of the school, when Marty stormed up a conversation.

''Uh Jake?''

''Yeah Marty?''

''I just wanted to thank you for saving my life last night''

Jake froze for a minute remembering all that happened the other night, from the gangsters to the fight.... Marty was on Lileep hill last night some gangsters were beating him up,
    Fortunately I heard his cries of help and I rushed over....
    ''Hey! Stop hitting that kid! Pick on someone your own size!? yelled Jake.

??Huh?'' one of the gangster had looked up and sure enough all of them stopped beating Marty and turned their attention to Jake,
    a tall brown haired boy wearing jeans and a black shirt.

''Hahahha!'' all the gangster's broke into a loud laugh. ''And your going to stop us? You and what army?''

A tall man stepped in front of the gang, this guy looked like the leader. He wore a plain white shirt and black trousers.

''Listen kid, if you don?t want to get beat up you better get out of here. Your trespassing on our property'.'

''You? Beat me up? Ha-ha, don?t make me laugh'' taunted Jake. ''How are you going to be able to do that with only nine of you?''
    '' I am a Saiyan, let me show you what I really mean, I summon upon the spirit of my Ghost Guardian, Ampharos rise!!!'' At these words a transparent ghost like creature
    appeared in behind Jake. '' Spirit form, Unity! '' Yelled Jake, as he said this the Ampharos moved closer towards Jake and all of a sudden Jake started to shine.

A minute later their Jake stood except he had bright yellow hair, a thick yellow and black striped tail, a bigger body and
    yellow skin. As he spoke his voice seemed as if it was re-born his voice was deep. Sparks of light and energy flowing around his body.

?Now you will witness true power.?

''lets use a shock wave attack! That way we can hit all of them in one shot'' advised the Ampharos which was now fused with his master's body.

''Good idea, Amphy'' Jake thanked his Amparhos.

?Prepare for a shock!'' yelled Jake pointing at the terrified gangsters in
    front of him

The gangsters rooted to the ground, couldn?t believe what they were looking at, Marty looked even more shocked.

Jolts of energy formed around Jake's body as he unleashed a Shockwave attack, which had stricken the entire group of gangster's except the leader.

''Now go and don't return to disturb us again!''

The gang leader didn?t need to be told twice, he ran as fast as his feet would allow him until he disappeared from Jake's
    sight. Then Jake muttered something to his Ampharos, his Ampharos nodded and came back later holding a small urn like
    container.

Jake slowly placed the Urn like container in the middle of all the paralyzed gangsters and a blue incense came out of the container.

??What?s that?'' asked a bruised Marty.

??Oh, its a kind of medicine for healing them. No Doctor will be able to heal this kind of paralysis, this medicine also makes them forget everything they saw.''

''But the leader ? ? but before Marty finished his sentence he was cut off by Jake.

'?You really think any one will believe him? Ha - ha and when he comes back here to get witnesses from his gang...

''I get it when he comes to get witnesses as proof, the gangsters won't know what he's talking about.''

''Jake, Jake? Stop daydreaming, recess is over.'' Marty announced.

??It is? Oh well I guess it is. Marty I have to tell you, everything you saw back then on the hill, you shouldn't tell anyone about it OK?''

''OK, but at least tell me what a Saiyan is'' replied Marty.

''OK look, You see long ago in an ancient land there were people who could communicate with spirits, like telekinetic. And they have shared their secrets with some people. The power is inside me and I have to use it for good. My grand father was a legendary Saiyan, he taught me to honor and respect my ghost guardian as if it were my friend. He trained me when I was young. I didn?t take it seriously that time but once he mentioned a tournament I was all for it.''

Wow! When does the tournament start?? Marty asked.

??Ha! The tournament? Every five hundred years and twice a millennium, Families pass on their strategic battling skills and Saiyan secrets, for generations until the day has finally come.''
    RING RING RING! The warning bell rang furiously for those students who hadn't entered their classes yet.

??Come on lets hurry! Said Marty, ?we're late.''

Marty and Jake ran as fast as they could towards their class and entered to face an angry Mr. Smith.
    ''Where were you two? Do you realize you had me worried? Go sit in your places!''

?Sheesh he sounds like my mother? thought Marty. ?

Man! He sounds like my mother? thought Jake.

Marty and Jake stared at each other exchanging ??you thinking what I?m thinking? Looks, and then quickly hurried off to their seats.

''Now then'', started Mr. Smith the short stubby nosed man, ''Today you all shall be leaving for your adventure's through our proud region, Sloren. As you all know professor Wood will be attending to us shortly to give us a lecture on the Sloren League and a lot more things you will need to know about before you go on your journey''.

''Until he arrives you may all choose the pok?mon you will take with you on your journey'' announced Mr. Smith pointing at quite a large amount of Pok?balls lying on the desk.

At these words an uproar began in the classroom.

''Calm down, calm down children, there's one for all of you!''

''Here are the pok?mon you may choose from: Sunkern, Pickachu, Sandshrew, Aron, Evee, Feebas, Magikarp, Nidoran, Pidgey, Caterpie, Taillow, Wurmple, Geodude, Flaafy, Clefairy, Poocheyana, Ralts, Seedot, Electricke and Lotad. ''Mr. Smith was glad the long list was finally over.

There was a knock on the door and an old man wearing a white lab coat entered the room.

''Ah! Professor Wood, said Mr. smith. ?We have been awaiting your arrival!''

''Yes, yes I can see'' started Professor Wood with a worried look on his face. ?As you all know the region of Sloren is vast and full of pok?mon, here we have something I like to call a Flee ball.'' ''This ball is one of my creations, said Prof. Wood holding up a black and pink colored ball, once thrown at a pok?mon, and if the pok?mon breaks out it cannot Flee from battle, this ball is very useful for those pok?mon who run away from you easily like Raikou or Entei.'' ''I will give
    ''one'' Flee ball to the student who achieves the highest grade in my test, this year it's going to be different! I'm not giving you all a boring lecture but a test which you must pass to go on your journeys today''. Said Prof. Wood starting to give out test papers to the class.

'' You may begin! '' Said Prof. Wood after, giving out all the papers.

TEST PAPER​
    Name: Jake
    Date: 14/11/25
    Set by: Prof. Wood
    Time given: 30 min

Q.1. What is the pre evolution of Clawsel? ________________

Q.2. What is Cubone's Special attack? ________________

Q.3. What pok?mon has the most effective healing move? ________________

Q.4. What does Eevee evolve into when given King's Rock? ________________

Q.5 Which pok?mon that came from outer space was recently discovered? ________________

Q.6. Name all 6-evee evolution's ________________, ________________, ________________, ________________, ________________, ________________.

Q.7. Which of the Hoenn Elite four specializes in dragon type pok?mon? ________________

Q.8. Which the heaviest pok?mon known to mankind? ________________

Q.9. This pok?mon is a prehistoric dinosaur fossil with wings. ________________

Q.10.(bonus question) Which Pok?ball catches with out fail? ________________

~~~~~~~~~~ END OF CHAPTER 1 ~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
    Years
  • not cliche, huh? Well, the title says it's a cliche already, and the fact that the professor is called "Wood" is a cliche already...

2wingsrbettaden1

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • Niko said:
    not cliche, huh? Well, the title says it's a cliche already, and the fact that the professor is called "Wood" is a cliche already...

Clich? as in it doesn't have the same environment which a trainer starts in, not a common starter, doesn't start with a trainer waking up one fine morning, Wood by the way was what came to my head cause i couldn't think of another suitable name for a professor and how is ''Spirit Saiyan'' clich??

Isaac Gravity

Supports hot-bloodedness
    Years
  • I don't want to get into some big debate over this, but the name "Spirit Saiyan" or just the Saiyan reminds me of DBZ's Saiya-jin race. So, as that's the case and if you treaded across other Poke OT fics... then you have to question yourself a tad bit.

Last edited:

2wingsrbettaden1

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • Spirit Saiyan was just a name i that came into my mind since i love playing Dragon BallZ. Anywayz here's chapter two. ( updating twice a month! )

CHAPTER 2
    SHALL WE DANCE?

''TIME'S UP!'' said Prof. Wood loudly while snatching paper's from students. '' You're paper's will be corrected at once by your teacher, as you all know there will be a dance later today for your graduation. '' You will be expected to wear any clothing you'd like but I would recommend school uniform.''

''Sir!'' Kevin Nasa shot his arm up in the air. ''Can we choose our Pokemon now?''

''Ah, yes! i almost forgot, you may choose your Pokemon now.''

Every body except Jake Parkingson, raised thier hands eager to be the first one to pick their Pokemon.

??You! young man with the brown hair, stand up and pick your Pokemon'' said Prof. Wood pointing at Jake.

''Thank you Professor, started Jake.'' ''i choose Flaafy.'' said Jake calmly as if he didn?t even care to think about picking something else.

'' Wow, that was fast, said Prof. Wood. can you tell the class why you picked Flaafy?''

'' I picked Flaafy because I like electric type Pokemon.'' said Jake.

After the whole class had finished picking thier pokemon, Mr. Smith gladly announced that all the paper's had been corrected and the could see thier results. Prof. Wood gave out the paper's and Mr. Smith whispered
    something into his ear. "You all might not be aware that the national Curriculum has a different type of correcting, instead of ticks and crosses we have Highlighted the correct answers blue and the wrong answers red." Prof. Wood noted.

TEST PAPER
    Name:Jake
    Date:14/11/25
    Set by: Prof. Wood
    Time given: 30 min

Q 1. What is the pre evolution of Manyula? Sneasel

Q 2. What is Cubone's Spcl. attack? Boomerang

Q3. What pok?mon has the most effective healing move? Blissey

Q 4. What does evee evolve into when given King's Rock? Sloreon

Q.5 Which pok?mon that came from outer space was recently discovered?Deoxys

Q 6. Name all 6 evee evolutions - Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Sloreon, Umbreon, and Espeon.

Q 7. Which of the Hoen Elite four specializes in dragon type pok?mon? Drake of the Elite 4 specializes in dragon type pok?mon.

Q 8. Which the heaviest pok?mon known to man kind? Snorlax

Q 9. This pok?mon is a prehistoric dinosaur fossil with wings. Aerodactyl

Q 10. Which pok?mon has the highest def. known to man? Groudon

Q 11. (bonus question ) Which poke ball catches without fail? Master Ball

''I'm happy to see all of you did well on your Test Paper's but there is only one of you who will be receiving the
    ''Flee ball'' said Mr. Smith.

''Mr. Smith has just informed me that these students have the highest marks: Jake Parkinson has 9 questions right + the
    Bonus correct, so he has 10 questions correct.'' noted Prof. Wood. ''Kevin Nasa also has the same marks as Jake! So we have to give you the
    Mini quiz to break the tie.''

''This is oral so please stand up Jake and Kevin'' said Mr. Smith from his desk.'' Prof. Wood will give you the test.

''Question one, what pok?mon is the Kanto water pok?mon starter?'' asked Prof. Wood staring up at Jake and Kevin.

As if it was instinct Jake's hand shot up in the air without him even thinking about the answer. ''Squirtle, sir.''

''Correct!'' yelled Prof. Wood his eyes sparkling in delight. ''Next question, which pok?mon is the pre evolution of a tree Pok?mon?

Kevin and Jake's hand shot up into the air at exactly the same time but Prof. Wood choose to ask Kevin as he thought he had seen Kevin?s hand up in the air first.

''It's Bonsley sir!''said Kevin.

''Correct! yelled Prof.Wood. ??The person who answers this question wins the quiz.''Which pok?mon has the highest defence?''

Kevin and Jake had a worried look on thier faces, this was the question they had both gotten wrong on the test, Jake concentrated deep into his mind trying to contact his Ampharos. ''Ampy, Amphy! are you here?'' thought Jake.

''Yes Jake i'm here, what can i help you with?''

'' i need to know which pok?mon has the highest defense.''

''That's easy! it's Shuckle replied Ampharos.''

As soon as Jake heard this information he came back to reality and raised his hand.

''Yes! Jake what is the answer?'' questioned Prof. Wood.

''Is it Shuckle sir?'' said Jake with doubt in his voice.

''That's absolutely right!'' said Prof. Wood loudly so the whole class could here him.

The class roared with cheers and a loud applause followed the wild cheering. Prof. Wood looking pleased at Jake. Everyone seemed to be happy for Jake except Kevin, Kevin had a look on his face that Jake didn?t like?.. It was the ''I?m gonna kill you'' look. Kevin sat down slowly and Jake heard him whisper ''show off '' with all the commotion Jake didn?t notice Prof. Wood step out of the class and step in again holding a green and blue ball.

''Right! Said Prof. Wood staring at Jake. This is the ball that might revolutionize pok?mon catching. This ball I have in my hands is the Flee ball. I?m not going to lecture you about it all I?m going to do is present it to you, so here it is! '' Said Prof. Wood handing Jake the Flee Ball. Jake accepted the Ball and sat down.

''Ok students, as you all know today is your graduation day! Prof. Wood and I have a gift for you all! Said Mr. Smith handing out Wrapped Boxes.

Everybody unwrapped their gifts and a minute later there was gift wrap all over the floor and people were staring unbelievably at their gifts.

?I can?t believe Mr. Smith bought PokeNavs for the whole class!? Marty exclaimed looking at his PokeNav.

?It was kind of him.? Said Jake walking down the hallway towards his room.

?I can?t believe we?re leaving this place after so many years?? said Marty
    ?We? Speak for yourself, I?ve only been here for a week.? Started Jake. But I bet you miss your family, being in a boarding school is depressing at times.??

Jake and Marty walked down the hall talking and laughing, then suddenly around the corner Jake saw him?? Kevin, Kevin Nasa. He was flirting with some girls next to his room. Kevin turned around and his smile faded.

?Look who it is, ?Mr. know it all.?

?Just ignore him, his not worth it.? Said Marty.

?I?m thirsty.? Said Jake. Where?s the nearest Water fountain??

?Right there.? Marty pointed.

Jake bent down to drink, he looked back and saw Kevin grinning and all the girls had gone. Jake didn?t know that this fountain wasn?t like others; it took at least five seconds for the water to come. Jake pressed the button and waited?? but no water came. Then he took a step back and said ? What?s wrong with this thing?? at that moment water sprouted out of the fountain and Jake?s pants were soaked.

?Ha-ha-ha! What?s wrong Parkingson can?t control it?? Kevin roared with laughter calling him baby.

Jake pointed at him ?Y- you, you did this!?

Marty quickly held him back and said ?Chill man he didn?t do it, I should have warned you that the fountain is slow. We don?t have time the graduation dance is in an hour. We have to go and change.?

Jake spent the rest of that afternoon wondering if he had to have a date for the dance?. Kevin would tease him if he didn?t. And he couldn?t dance without a partner. Worse wasn?t that he was prepared for a formal occasion like this, he only had T ? shirts and jeans. What was he going to wear?

As if Marty read his mind he said ?You can borrow one of my suits if you like, I thought you might not be prepared for it seeing that you?re new and stuff.?

Jake was speechless he just sat there with his mouth open and then he smiled. Marty understood his expression and handed him the suit. With a word of ?thanks? Jake took the suit and Marty left the room towards the Auditorium, where the dance was held.

Jake quickly dressed in the grey suit and hurried out towards the Auditorium. It was a cold breezy night and the wind hit Jake?s face as he walked towards the big dome shaped building. He could clearly hear the loud music from outside the Auditorium. ? Oh no I?m late!? He exclaimed starting to jog towards the Auditorium now. He opened the door and walked in.

?Well, well, well if it isn?t the baby now it all. Where?s your bottle?? Kevin grinned.

Jake was furious, he didn?t like being called names and he hated Kevin even more. Jake couldn?t control his anger; he swung a fist at Kevin. Blood trickled down Kevin?s lip, he slowly wiped it off and whispered ?Now your dead? He unclipped a poke ball from his belt and threw it onto the ground. There was a flash of white and a Fierce looking dog appeared. This dog Jake immediately recognized as Houndoom. ?Spike, hurt him? Kevin said with an evil grin on his face.

Last edited:

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • Pfft. A Flaffy and not Mareep, and a Houndoom and not a Houndour, also the Test from the first and second chapter is different. And you updating twice a month isn't really going to matter, it's just going to sink down to the bottom of this forum.

2wingsrbettaden1

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • Guess your right Outskate....... hope you liked the cliff hanger, here's the rest of chapter 2!

The vicious dog panted as it got ready to charge. Jake quickly reached for his belt and then horror struck, he realized he didn?t have any Pokemon with him. The Houndoom now began running towards him, lowering its head and getting closer by the second. Jake knew this was the end, his second day in this Boarding School would be his last. The Houndoom drew closer and out of the no where a large tiger like Pokemon jumped out and rammed the Houndoom into the wall. The Houndoom whimpered and then turned its attention to the Tiger, looking frustrated it ran at the Tiger full speed. With a wave of its paw the tiger Pokemon sent the Houndoom crashing to the ground.

?What the? Wha ?? before Kevin could finish he was interrupted by a rather short boy who stepped out of the dark.

?If I find you teasing Jake again, you?ll see what?ll happen to you!? said Marty pointing at Kevin.

?I see you have an accomplice Parkingson, no matter. We?ll take care of this another time.? Kevin returned his Houndoom and walked out of the Auditorium cursing under his breath.

?Marty I ??

?No need to thank me, said Marty smiling. I saw Kevin in the Hallway before I went in, I knew you were still coming and I figured there might be trouble.

Marty and Jake walked into the hallway and Marty explained how they give you Pokemon Pets in the school, and that you get a starter to start your journey with. ?Kevin?s Houndoom was also once a houndour, but he trained it like I did with my Arcanine.? Marty explained while petting his Tiger Pokemon. Almost everyone has a Pokemon Pet? except the new kids? Marty stared up at Jake. ?But you don?t need one now, we?re leaving here first thing tomorrow.

Jake looked around and he saw many couples dancing and laughing. He saw a girl on the other side of the room who was wearing a long black night gown and holding a black purse, see had dark black eyes and seemed to be waiting for some one. There was some thing about her that Jake admired. Marty noticed he was staring at her, he nudged him. ?You like her don?t you??

Kevin blushed. And then answered ?why is she just standing there??

?Maybe her date didn?t show, why don?t you ask her for a dance?? Marty replied.

Jake hesitated for a moment, but he gathered the courage and walked up to her. ?Hey, can I noticed you just standing there.?

She looked at him trying to see is she ever saw him before. ?Do I know you?? she asked.

?Uh no?. I?m new. I was just wondering if I could have a dance?..?

?No point in standing around here.? She replied and they both stepped onto the dance floor.

The music started and they started dancing?. The stars blinking in the night sky lighted the ball room through the huge windows. Many songs went by and Jake came to know many things about the girl, her name was Kira and she also had a Pokemon Pet. A Delcatty to be exact.

?Ok, everybody this next song is for couples only!? the DJ shouted through the micro phone. A moment later the fast beat of the tango was heard from the loud speakers that surrounded the ball room.

?Are you familiar with the steps of the tango?? Kira Asked.

?Uh, yeah? Jake replied, he had taken lessons on ball room dancing back in Kanto, where he used to live.

They both twisted their heads quickly to the left and starting dancing, Jake felt was frustrated by four words: ?May I cut in?? he barely never got a chance to dance an entire song with her.

?Ok people, this is the last song!? the DJ once again shouted over the micro phone.

The music once again filled the ball room and Jake realized it was a slow dance??

?Slow dance?.? Kira said blushing.

Kira?s entire face turned red as she fell into Jake?s arms. She looked up into Jakes eyes and brushed a hair out of her eye. They both were staring at each other and as the song came to an end Jake pecked her on the lips. The rest of that night was spent packing. For tomorrow was a big day, the day the all started out on their journey?..

~ END OF CHAPTER 2 ~

Years
  • Okay, I like this. I'm not going to take time to point out spelling errors, but I will tell you this; you sometimes don't add quotation marks when soeone is speaking. Its usually at the end of their speech. I've benn... uh... accused of that before too.

Man, I wish I could get a guy to kiss me that fast.

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • I wish a girl would just fall on my arms too. Pfft. Oh and, there was no cliffhanger. It had no suspense whatever. It reminds me of the Anime's 'wannabe' cliff hangers.

2wingsrbettaden1

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm so sorry guys, i know i haven't posted chapter three in ages but thats because of writers block and bieng too occupied with HW ( teachers never give us a break do they? ) Ok i have started chapter 3 and i think i will post it soon, im not making any prmises though.

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Isn't this a total 100% rip-off of shaman king with pokemon instead of ghosts?! I mean, your beginning chapter involves the EXACT SAME EVENTS as in the first chapters in shaman king!

And worst of all, you renamed 'shamans' as 'saiyins'! WTF? Shaman is a real word, dude. If you're gonna make up a new name for them, then at least don't use a name from a copletely unrelated anime/manga x_o

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • Banov, Saiyan is the race of the people in Dragonball. [Those people with crazy hairstyles and their hair goes all golden when they're mad?] Yea, and now that you mention it, it DOES sound a lot like Shaman King.

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Outskate said:
    Banov, Saiyan is the race of the people in Dragonball. [Those people with crazy hairstyles and their hair goes all golden when they're mad?] Yea, and now that you mention it, it DOES sound a lot like Shaman King.

Yes, I know what sayins are. But, you see, in hat definition there is nothing about joining spirits with thier bodies.

However, a Shaman does. Shaman is a real english word for people who join spirits with thier bodies.

And this doesn't SOUND like shaman king. This IS Shaman King with pokemon instead of spirits. The beginnings match about 95%, even getting into how the secondary character is the first to appear, and how he is saved by his new 'shaman' friend from gangsters in the park. It fits eerily well.

And this was supposed to be original or something?!

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • Banov, The writer decided to make Saiyans have some link with Pok?mon. Is there a problem with that? It is the writer's decision to decide what he writes. If you don't like it then it's fine. And if you said you knew what a Saiyan was, then why did you say it was making a 'new' name for them?

Anyway, 2wingsrbettaden1, your story does resemble a lot of Shaman King, so you should change it a bit in the future chapters.

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Outskate said:
    Banov, The writer decided to make Saiyans have some link with Pok?mon. Is there a problem with that? It is the writer's decision to decide what he writes. If you don't like it then it's fine. And if you said you knew what a Saiyan was, then why did you say it was making a 'new' name for them?

Anyway, 2wingsrbettaden1, your story does resemble a lot of Shaman King, so you should change it a bit in the future chapters.

Read carefully :P I said it's a 'new' term because shaman is already a word that is used for one who uses thier body to channel the powers of nature via spirits or totesmic forces or nature spirits, etc etc....

Back