• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Spiritomb has a weakness

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Not much of anything. Both Sableye and Spiritomb had exploited weaknesses before through use of Odor Slueth or Foresight or if the Pokemon had Scrappy which made both Miltank and Kangaskhan Spiritomb and Sableye's worst knightmare.

Now it just has an easier access to taking SE hits than before from just one attack.

Years
  • Yup, spiritomb and sableye have been knocked down a peg.
    I didn't even think about it until I was looking for HA's in a safari with spiritomb and nailed it moon blast and the screen read" it's super effective".
    Nice

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
  • Also, the move Magic Eye allows for Psychic attacks to hit Dark type pokemon. not that it matters since they are half ghost, but really, the strongest pokemon out there right now is Mega-Gardevoir. by creating Fairy type, Game Freak has changed everything. Spiritomb and Sableye were good shields, but now they have lost that one thing that made them special. hate Fairy type... why not call it Light type instead?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Also, the move Magic Eye allows for Psychic attacks to hit Dark type pokemon. not that it matters since they are half ghost, but really, the strongest pokemon out there right now is Mega-Gardevoir. by creating Fairy type, Game Freak has changed everything. Spiritomb and Sableye were good shields, but now they have lost that one thing that made them special. hate Fairy type... why not call it Light type instead?

Mega Gardevoir is far from the strongest Pokemon. She was never that strong herself and even her Mega Form has the same frailty as she did. If I can one shot a Pokemon in normal game play I seriously doubt its anywhere close to being the strongest at anything. From what I've seen, she's a utility Pokemon best to set up defenses. Offensive there are way better choices and even still there are better utility Pokemon that don't even have to become Mega Pokemon that still set up better than she does. She's sorta a wasted Mega.

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
  • Mega Gardevoir is far from the strongest Pokemon. She was never that strong herself and even her Mega Form has the same frailty as she did. If I can one shot a Pokemon in normal game play I seriously doubt its anywhere close to being the strongest at anything. From what I've seen, she's a utility Pokemon best to set up defenses. Offensive there are way better choices and even still there are better utility Pokemon that don't even have to become Mega Pokemon that still set up better than she does. She's sorta a wasted Mega.

you just gotta set her up, you know? recover, calm mind, dazzling beam, and psychic. I like her because she can take serious hits now due to that double typing and can deal some serious damage to dragons, poisons... a few others. I like her mega, but everyone is allowed their own opinion.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    you just gotta set her up, you know? recover, calm mind, dazzling beam, and psychic. I like her because she can take serious hits now due to that double typing and can deal some serious damage to dragons, poisons... a few others. I like her mega, but everyone is allowed their own opinion.

Mega Gardevoir is still very physically frail. On the special side, she takes hits ok if you've Calm Minded once or twice (that low HP). But she's not meant to take hits, she's for dishing out damage, since base 165 Special Attack and base 100 Speed is pretty nice, especially when combined with a Cal Mind and Fairy STAB.

Back to the topic at hand, its nice that Sableye and Spiritomb have a type weakness now. Makes Prankster Sableye easier to deal with, and hopefully idiots will stop using Wondertombs since its no longer "invincible" (not like it ever was before, but still).

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I still love my Sableye, the new weakness just makes me consider a new tactical aspect of the game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I hated Spiritomb, but loved Sableye in Gen 5. He was the ultimate troll. They really weren't that much of a threat though, I think that they should've been left alone. It seems that dragons and dark types were knocked down a peg, while normal types go boosted a litlte in gen. 6.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Not just that, but there was a bug in some of the 4th Generation games that allowed Fire Fang to hit the Wonderguard Spiritomb. So Spiritomb wasn't entirely invincible.

Can that really be called a bug if it hits a hacked pokemon with an ability it shouldn't be able to have? ;-)

Years
  • Um... it means Eelektross is the only Pokemon to have no conventional weakness?

Any Pokemon that can set up can potentially destroy teams of unprepared battlers.

That being said, Mega Gardevoir's 175 Spa is no slouch, but it's still frail like some have said here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Um... it means Eelektross is the only Pokemon to have no conventional weakness?

Does that count though? What about pokemon with ground moves that have abilities like Mold Breaker or Teravolt? Don't those hit pokemon regardless of ability? (Including levitate?)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Levitate is Eelektross' sole ability.

I think conventional is a bad choice of word to use. Its not exactly unconventional to use a Mold breaker Pokemon against Eelecktross and Mold Breaker is as natural a move as Eelecktross' ability. Its not the same as having to set up a combo in order to hit one Pokemon or to make another Pokemon sacrifice itself while in set up to make another have a better chance at survival.

Mold Breaker, Teravolt, and Turboblaze pretty much just cancel out Levitate and other defensive abilities making it as if the ability didn't exist. Its not exactly the same as trying to use Gravity tactics which would be the same as using Foresight or Odor Sleuth on Spiritomb/Sableye in the previous generations.

Eelecktross still has a natural weakness through use of an inborn ability as well as an exploited weakness through specified tactics.

Yes it makes Eelecktross the new Sableye/Spiritomb of this generation. Until the add another weakness to Electric next Generation to do away with that just as they did with Dark/Ghost's type combo.

As a side note, there are more ways to get through/rid of Eelecktross' ability that there were ways to pass through Spiritomb and Sableye's type combination.

Back