• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splendour in the Grass.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
Years
  • Probably one of Australia's best music festivals, Splendour in the grass is a three day event, held in Byron Bay, on the New South Wales north coast.

This years lineup is particularly impressive:
    Jack White
    Bloc Party
    Smashing Pumpkins
    At The Drive-In
    The Shins
    Hilltop Hoods
    The Kooks
    Gossip
    Miike Snow
    Dirty Three
    Lana Del Rey
    Azealia Banks
    Tame Impala
    Explosions In The Sky
    Ladyhawke
    The Afghan Whigs
    Missy Higgins
    Wolfmother
    Metric
    Kimbra
    Mudhoney
    Band Of Skulls
    Spiderbait
    Django Django
    Gypsy & The Cat
    San Cisco
    Last Dinosaurs
    Electric Guest
    Muscles
    Angus Stone
    DZ Deathrays
    Howler
    Lanie Lane
    Fun.
    Big Scary
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Seekae
    Friends
    Yacht Club Dj's
    Bertie Blackman
    Jinja Safari
    Blue King Brown
    Youth Lagoon
    Pond
    The Beautiful Girls
    Tijuana Cartel
    Ball Park Music
    The Rubens
    Ben Howard
    Bleeding Knees Club
    Zulu Winter
    The Medics
    Shihad
    Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
    Husky
    Kate Miller-Heidke
    Father John Misty
    Emma Louise
    Chet Faker
    Here We Go Magic
    Parachute Youth
    Mosman Alder
    The Cast Of Cheers
    Wolf & Cub
    Gossling
    Beni
    Sampology (AV/DJ show)
    Canyons (DJ Set)
    Nina Las Vegas
    Danny T
    Alison Wonderland
    Nice and Ego (AV/DJ show)
    Flume
    Gloves
    Luke Million
    Harris Robotis
    Alley Oop

Don't be too jealous that I'm attending this amazing event. But please, do let me know what you think of the lineup! Are you a fan of any of the bands playing - have you even heard of any? Which do you think will be the best to see live?

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The main reason I'd go to this is to see Azealia Banks perform live, I love her so much. Not that fond of the rest of the line-up, though Shihad, Ladyhawke and Kimbra interest me too.
    But yeah, definitely Azealia.
    That'd ****ing rock.

Years
  • I'm pretty annoyed that this seems to be At The Drive-in's only Australian show. I thought after ten years of being broken up they'd at least do Melbourne and Sydney.

I would definitely see Explosions In The Sky and At The Drive-in. As for the other bands, there's nobody that I'm super interested in but seeing I'm already hypothetically at this festival I'd go and check out Tame Impala, Smashing Pumpkins (even though it's only Billy Corgan now), Jack White, The Afghan Whigs, Metric, Spiderbait and the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble.

But yeah, I've seen better Splendour line-ups in the past. Not worth the $800 it would cost for me to fly/drive up there, pay for camping and tickets and food etc.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
    Years
  • Thumbs up to Tame Impala and Smashing Pumpkins ha ha- I will definitely be checking them out. Also keen for Jack White, Bloc Party, the Shins... Metric are one of my favourite bands, so very keen to see them live again.

San Cisco, Cast of Cheers, Bleeding Knees Club and Ball Park Music are also epic new bands... and I love love love the Beautiful Girls, so will be 100% catching them again.

Hilltop Hoods are also quite fun live!!

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • I was totally gonna go to this, but I was told that it was sold out! Is there still ticket's available/anyone willing to hook me up?

Back