• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[split] Chalrain Card

T500wrako

Master of Surprise
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Sorry for triple posting, but thanks for the holosheet, Kouga. Also, Kouga, do you have or can you make a LV.X holosheet? I'm working on a Chalrain LV.83, and I want to make a Chalrain LV.X. Here's the Chalrain so far. The illustration is by Kangasghan Kid. Its from the Acanthite website. Can someone tell me if theres any mistakes? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    There are a few mistakes I spotted right off the bat. The word 'defending' for 'defending Pokémon' is incorrect. The 'D' should be capitalized, of course. Also, paralyzed, burned, and confused should all be capitalized as well.

In the second attack, 'active' in 'active Pokémon' should be capitalized.

Now for the overall card, it's overkill. Just plain awful. It's practically unstoppable, and, in burning, paralyzing and confusing, this card would be banned in a mere eye blink. The second attack is just too much to take in and is a bit confusing, too. For a Basic Pokémon, it's level should be lower as should its HP.

Furthermore, the card is just of awful quality. It's difficult to read as well. It should only have ONE Resistance, not 3, which adds to the 'overkill' thing. The only fair part about this card is the Retreat Cost.

I highly recommend you start over and do your research before making another eye sore like this.​

Potter65

Shaymin Luver
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2011
    Lots of critisisims from u... my brain hurts O_o
    I only have one, I'd give it a different background.

T500wrako

Master of Surprise
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Its my first fakemon, so duh theres some errors, but I'll try to fix the errors and change the background. Till then, I'll stick to looking at Cascade Gonpory's cards on DeviantArt and collecting more real ones. Thanks, Bye.

Pogeygothaxed

Pokémon exDeltaSpecies Creator
    Years
  • There are a few mistakes I spotted right off the bat. The word 'defending' for 'defending Pokémon' is incorrect. The 'D' should be capitalized, of course. Also, paralyzed, burned, and confused should all be capitalized as well.

In the second attack, 'active' in 'active Pokémon' should be capitalized.

Now for the overall card, it's overkill. Just plain awful. It's practically unstoppable, and, in burning, paralyzing and confusing, this card would be banned in a mere eye blink. The second attack is just too much to take in and is a bit confusing, too. For a Basic Pokémon, it's level should be lower as should its HP.

Furthermore, the card is just of awful quality. It's difficult to read as well. It should only have ONE Resistance, not 3, which adds to the 'overkill' thing. The only fair part about this card is the Retreat Cost.

I highly recommend you start over and do your research before making another eye sore like this.​

" and, in burning, paralyzing and confusing, this card would be banned in a mere eye blink."

Actually, there are a few cards out there since the ex series that can do this. Not to mention, in the up coming set from Japan, if you look on Pokebeach, you can see the Venusaur not only does this; but protects all grass types from getting any special conditions, and...also...the second attack that does a base 40 damage, and then 40 more for each of those poison, burn, and confusion conditions. Then you take into account the damage between turns for all three of those, and if you hit yourself during the confusion flip...anyway, I'll leave a link to it; https://pokebeach.com/scans/pulse-of-the-frontier/3-venusaur.jpg, it's Japanese but it's been translated here;

"
    Venusaur LV.55 - Grass - HP140
    Stage 2 - Evolves from Ivysaur
    Poke-Body: Aroma Green
    Your Grass-type Pokemon can't be affected by Special Conditions. Remove any Special Conditions on your Grass-type Pokemon.
    [G] Last-Ditch Pollen: 30 damage. If Venusaur has 8 or more damage counters on it, the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned, Burned, and Confused.
    [G][G][C][C] Special React: 40 damage. This attack does an additional 40 damage for each Special Condition on the Defending Pokemon.
    Weakness: Fire (+40)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat Cost: 4
    Set Number: 3".

And then of course, as I mentioned, in ex Leafgreen and Firered (I believe was the expansions) the Venusaur wasn't as bad as the one above, but it did have pollen hazard which had the same effects; only at 20 base, iirc. I won't bother linking to it. I think you can find it on your own. But I just thought I'd point it out. No offense, or anything, I didn't mean to be rude.

Back