• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen (Spoiler Alert) Frantic Shipping?

Nakala Pri

Well, I did feel a sort of romance gist while I was playing. But you sorta wave it away since they're kids, and kids get silly crushes. xD

I don't really ship May x Brendan but I did get a weird feeling that they were sorta pushed. ;) But that's cool. Best friends of the opposite gender usually do develop a thing for each other. And it's not uncommon for the parents to ship 'em. XD

May x Steven ftw!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    They definitely stepped up rival Brendan and May's personalities, and while their relationship with the main character was explored much more than it was in RSE, I don't necessarily think it was for romantic purposes. The relationships with rivals have been explored much more heavily over the course of the past three generations, so I think it was just a development branching off what they had established to become a little more mainstream in Pokémon.

It could be viewed as either romantic or platonic, based on the player imo. Personally I thought it was all platonic, but I could see people thinking otherwise.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    Gamefreak has been doing more character development right after RSE. In my opinion, it was shipped between May and Brendon. I've replayed the games countless timrs and it was really THERE in ORAS. A little in XY, though i thought Shauna was like 5 to have a crush... Till i saw the anime and she is much taller with a somewhat more developed female voice.

They're also doing it with Ash and Serena... how I miss Misty... :'(

But Shauna and Ash though... Gamefreak id pushing like every 2 episodes xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Here's my take on Shipping in Pokemon games. I would rather not see a fixed shipping between any of the player characters. Pokemon is largely about the adventure, your journey. Rather than forcing some sort of romantic interest between the player characters, or any other NPC for that matter, you should be able to pursue a variety of characters or even have the option of not showing romantic interest in any of the characters.
    The player characters aren't really characters. There's nothing that defines them as a person in-game. They are self-inserts and because of this the player shouldn't be forced into a playing into a romance they're not interested in.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Alright I made a long post and got kicked off wifi so too long couldn't read:
    All for it

(And frantic~)

And on the topic of XY, my character's story was:
    She moves to Vaniville and met everyone, then became bffs with Shauna, then they friendly said that whoever Calem picks they're ok with. ._. Eventually he showed more to Al(mine) than Shauna, but then Trevor finally gets up and shows a little blush to Shauna. Tierno's married to the music Maaa~aaaan~.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I agree. What first caught me by surprise is how much more Brendan/May appeared in the Game. It was much more than the originals. Right after you beat the Champion too, it was obvious that they were shipping the two. The "Date" they went on during the Delta Episode is another was of Shipping. I think they added it for Fanservice and such. This is the hardest i've seen Pokemon inplant Romance into their Games since Pokemon Black and White 2 with Yancy.

Back