• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Using it's myth, Lacunosa Town could be the potential Dark Gym, as people don't go out at night.

Undella Town can be a Rock Gym. Tirtouga and Archen <33

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen May 6, 2012
It would be totally awesome if a leader from another region took over for someone. I hope Elesa and the Triplets are all there still though! How cool would it be if a Kanto leader were here or maybe even Jasmine? I like the look of the new leaders they revealed so far though. I am guessing half new and half from the original?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I am guessing half new and half from the original?
That's what some of us believe, or at least hope so. I still believe it would be awkward to receive two new Gym Leaders and leave it at that. I want new gyms but at the same time, I'd like for most of the others to return to their gyms as well. How could this work out? u___u;

Hmm, now that I think about it 10 gyms in total is even and fair (better than 16 I suppose). So receiving two new Gym Leaders instead of a whole pack would be okay.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Well maybe there will be none of the gym leaders from black and white! Perhaps all the gym leaders in B&W2 will be new.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope not, I'll like to see at least some of the original gym leaders return.
If I had to pick four, I'll like for Elesa, Skyla, Brycen, and Iris to stick around.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'd actually be satisfied if it were a whole new League, really. Maybe they got so scarred from the N event or so successful they moved on from the Gyms and whatnot.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
I definitely think that the Dragon leaders are going to stay. They seem like ones that would.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I hope not, I'll like to see at least some of the original gym leaders return.
If I had to pick four, I'll like for Elesa, Skyla, Brycen, and Iris to stick around.
Don't forget Clay! I loved Clay. :[

I'd really like for a mixture of new gyms and old gyms. There could be a few retirements in replace for different dreams the Gym Leaders may have had and went after instead. Maybe Elesa could be a full time model?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want Clay's gym to be destroyed, seriously with the craters there it implies that the gym itself could also have been affected.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Don't forget Clay! I loved Clay. :[

Maybe Elesa could be a full time model?

I was actually thinking maybe these two retired. Like her modeling career took off and he became this big tycoon in trading goods, like bigger than he was originally. And Maybe Burgh moved on as a full time artist with his own, new, giant gallery. Lenora working on just the museum and researching the events that took place at N's castle and what led up to it, Skyla focusing on being a pilot, Brycen focusing on training, Iris and Drayden being the protectors of the city or w/e. I just think it'd be fun to see where they've come in the past few years.

Years
If Elesa is gone then maybe that new building next to the Ferris wheel is the new gym...
Perhaps some of the gym leaders were ousted out by the new gym leader much like Sabrina did to the Karate King in Kanto before rbgy's time.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I was actually thinking maybe these two retired. Like her modeling career took off and he became this big tycoon in trading goods, like bigger than he was originally. And Maybe Burgh moved on as a full time artist with his own, new, giant gallery. Lenora working on just the museum and researching the events that took place at N's castle and what led up to it, Skyla focusing on being a pilot, Brycen focusing on training, Iris and Drayden being the protectors of the city or w/e. I just think it'd be fun to see where they've come in the past few years.
Iris is still pretty young, so I'd say Drayden would leave the gym up to her if anything.

I'd like it if that happened, and there was some insight in-game telling us exactly that, rather than us receiving completely new Gym Leaders without knowing where the others went.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
I'm definitely starting to think that Iris will stay in because she IS in the anime and they aren't that keen off killing off characters like that. Since the anime SOMEWHAT follows the video game story line. You know, the whole Team Plasma try to stop them from taking over the world thing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Iris is still pretty young, so I'd say Drayden would leave the gym up to her if anything.

I'd like it if that happened, and there was some insight in-game telling us exactly that, rather than us receiving completely new Gym Leaders without knowing where the others went.

Well yeah we'd need SOME sort of explanation. Plus, maybe the Karate King can take over Brycen. If anyone noticed, he's actually one of Brycen's gym trainers! c:
So maybe he'll finally regain his title as the Gym Leader and actually have a Fighting type gym! That'd be cool!

Years
^ I hope so too, I don't want this to be another Agatha and Lolerei (they implied her reason for leaving in the remakes though)...even to this day we don't know what became of Agatha...
As for the triplets story, they could've become full time waiters or left Unova (cough shadow triad cough). Burgh could simply have decided to work on his art.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
^ I hope so too, I don't want this to be another Agatha and Lolerei (they implied her reason for leaving in the remakes though)...even to this day we don't know what became of Agatha...
As for the triplets story, they could've become full time waiters or left Unova (cough shadow triad cough). Burgh could simply have decided to work on his art.

Agatha died. B[
lol jk, but yeah I hope they give explanations. Maybe the triplets became full time restaurant owners? No idea, but I'd love it if they just gave some sort of explanation as to what happened with everyone. if they didn't, though, I'd be pretty ok with it. As long as the gyms are original and fun to challenge, I'm good.

Years
I wouldn't...I can't take plot holes especially for important characters like the gym leaders...
Maybe there is a different Unova conferance than the one in BW that uses different gym leaders.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I can see multiple changes with Gym Leaders either leaving altogether, getting promoted to Elite Four, or maybe even relocating.

Cilan, Chili, and Cress - Too me they seem like the easiest to replace. In the anime both Cilan and Chili aren't even running the game as they both went on their separate travels. And obviously with Shizui we don't need another Water leader, so I don't see a use for Cress either.

Lenora -
I can see her attended to work at the Museum, so I don't necessarily see her too be a gym leader. I would prefer a Grass type in Nacrene since Pin Wheel Forrest is around there and other forest area as well.

Burgh - I'd like to see him relocate like Blaine did. Obviously the circumstances are different but he seemed out of place in Castelia. I'd rather see him in another City or Town. Anville town may be good for him since he is out there with a lot of wooded area.

Elesa - I wouldn't mind her staying out Nimbasa gym, just rework her team for heavens sake. Two annoying Emolga seriously. Give here something like Ampharos, Eeleltrik(since she had Tynamo in the anime) additions to her team and cut one of the Emolga.

Clay - He can retire as a wealthy tycoon and maybe loan his place out to a Rock gym which is what I would prefer to see there. I don't see him or care to see him play much of a role as a leader personally.

Skyla -
There is another airport in East Unova on the dubbed "Grey Mountain". So they could relocate her there if they wish. I still see her staying in Mistralton.

Brycen -
I honestly don't know what he will do or what his role will be. But the key pokemon in this game is Kyurem which is an Ice poke, so I can see an Ice type either Gym Leader or Elite Four member, so him staying I can see that happen.

Drayden - I always felt he would be promoted to Elite Four, but then again he could also be stuck being the mayor of Opelucid City and still be leader there.

Iris - Also being another anime main character, I don't know what she could be doing then, but I can see her be in Opelucid as well.

I can see 16 gym leaders, but that may be a stretch until we get farther info.

First two seem to be Homika as first gym leader and Shizui as the second one. So lets hope we get farther news soon. And hoping we get gyms in places like Anville, Lacunosa, Undella.

Cid

Years
It would make sense if they make a Dark-type Gym now, especially with Game Freak being more unpredictable than ever.

I agree with Kenshin5 on the triplets being replaced easily, having another Water-type Gym Leader kinda makes it redundant for Cress. A Grass-type Gym Leader in Nacrene to replace Lenora would also make sense, although Nacrene settling with Lenora isn't too far-fetched. Actually, all of Kenshin5's predictions make sense, but I think they will probably remove most of the Gyms in established towns instead of refurbishing them with new Gym Leaders.

I can see Game Freak replacing them with new ones in the Gym-less towns both old and new. And with that, I think explaining each old Gym Leader's fate would be necessary, although that wouldn't be too hard since most of them can have imaginable new lives from their own little hobbies and professions aside from Pokémon training. Or they could surprise us and give us sixteen gyms like GSC did, as some of you suggested.

Speaking of GSC, why not another type-less Gym like the one Blue had?

Also, what do you guys think the badges would look like (especially Homika's and Shizui's)? Will they all be thin and vertical like the ones from B/W?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back