• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon in BW2 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    The infamous "type chart" image reveals that we're also getting:

Onix
    Steelix
    Rattata
    Raticate
    Spoink
    Grumpig

AND, somebody pointed out something I found quite amazing that we've all missed: Remoraid and Octillery must be included, because Mantyke can't evolve without them!

Years
  • It's been a long time since we had Spoink in a regional Pokedex.

The last time Spoink was in a regional Pokedex was in R/S/E, 7 years ago.

But still, I'm loving the new Unova Pokedex!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yes Spoink needs to return, I like the little bouncy pig.
    Perhaps the reason for all the Hoenn Pokemon in the dex is because a majority missed out on the Sinnoh and old Unova dex.

Years
  • Yes Spoink needs to return, I like the little bouncy pig.
    Perhaps the reason for all the Hoenn Pokemon in the dex is because a majority missed out on the Sinnoh and old Unova dex.

This makes me think that Shroomish and Electrike should also be included since they haven't been in any regional dex other than Hoenn. I like both of their evolutions and I'm sad they haven't had much since R/S/E.

Think of all the Hoenn Pokemon that missed out on the Sinnoh Dex.

Years
  • Shoomish FTW! I would love to have a Breloom. Electrike would also be nice, I didn't fell Unova had many good electric types...luckily we got Elekid line, Magnemite line, and the Flaffy lines.

Years
  • Shoomish FTW! I would love to have a Breloom. Electrike would also be nice, I didn't fell Unova had many good electric types...luckily we got Elekid line, Magnemite line, and the Flaffy lines.

Yeah, Unova was a bit lacking in good Electric-types. I ended up using a Gothitelle knowing Thunderbolt to cover my No-Electric team member.

The Elekid and Mareep lines have been popular for many fans.

And yeah, Breloom is an awesome Grass-type. It gets great moves like Mach Punch and Sky Uppercut.

Years
  • ^ It's also a great fighting type with those moves ^_^ and it's abilities aren't all that bad.
    Hopefully they continue to add more fan favorites like Milotic, and Gyrados.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Breloom was very underrated for a long time (until he was being used often competitively). He's been my favorite for a long time. Sure he dies to a peck but it's allll gooooooood.

I do hope Shroomish is able to be accessed early, so on my other restart Black version (White / White 2 are/will be my main versions, while I use Black to restart to do the adventure again) I can have one in my party. I'm going to start White 2 with Snivy and I don't like having two grass types in my party. I swear everything can learn Flamethrower, and developers are not scared to slap it on Gym leaders / E4 / Bosses (whoever they may be).

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    There are only 60 open spots left, if all the Pokemon revealed so far are indeed part of the new Unova Dex. 60 sounds like a lot, but really, picking the next 60 is tough! You just can't pick all the coolest ones, nor can you load up on Hoenn exclusively and hope to have any kind of balance type-wise.

Here are my guesses. Though I do like the idea of Electrike, sadly there are just so many pure Electric-types already confirmed that I don't think it's likely for him to show up... unless they ditch Pikachu! o_O;

adampoke.png

Based on the pattern of what they've revealed so far, I've noticed they've chosen a good number of pure, mono-type Pokemon. So, since they've revealed no Bug-types yet, I went with both Pinsir & Volbeat & Illumise. Scyther & Scizor are in the BW2 TCG, and so is Heracross & Croagunk. The rest are just what I think would work really well.

The exceptions are probably Rotom & Ditto. I really think they'd add a lot to the region, but they're both very rare, so who knows how likely that is. Rotom has never been a wild Pokemon, either. But, both of them are involved in an in-game trade in BW. Rotom changes forms at the Unova Department Store on Route 9, too. Besides being a really cool, under-represented Pokemon, he also adds a ton of type diversity by himself, like Eevee does, only he only takes up one Pokedex slot.

Last edited:

Years
  • Ditto was an Eastern Unova pokemon in BW so it's likely considering the vast amount of pokemon that were in that part in the orginal games being part of the dex.
    Also despite the highest dex number proably being 300-Genesect (since Meloetta is 299) there are 301 Pokemon in this dex counting Victini with the 300.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Ditto has to be in there, because we neeeeeed it for breeding. I don't see Carvanha though because it's a lot like Basculin.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Ditto has to be in there, because we neeeeeed it for breeding. I don't see Carvanha though because it's a lot like Basculin.

But Basculin doesn't evolve into anything!

But seriously, I can kind of see Carvanha and Sharpedo coming back in the Unova Dex because they were in eastern Unova in the original B/W.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    But Basculin doesn't evolve into anything!

But seriously, I can kind of see Carvanha and Sharpedo coming back in the Unova Dex because they were in eastern Unova in the original B/W.

Yeah but they're both angry (Hostile Pokemon and Savage Pokemon), fast fish types that look really similar. Doesn't make sense for them to be there together...although I guess Alomomola and Luvdisc were both in B/W so anything is possible.

Years
  • But Basculin doesn't evolve into anything!

I agree, those two will proably return due to them being in a east. Besides we need more water Pokemon, Unova really lacked in that department...
    I wonder how they will explain all the new Pokemon in story...

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    I think the only thing about my list I'm not sure about is that it still has just Dragonite & Altaria as the only new Dragon-type additions. Seems like there ought to be one more, but all the other ones aren't likely except Flygon, imo. He takes up 3 pokedex spots, though, and I already picked a bunch of Ground-types.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • Stuff I hope is in, but will prob. not get in-

Milotic, because it's awesome. Hopefully someplace where you can catch it like off Rt 1 like it was.
    Poocheena line, because they're adorable.
    A random dragon type line that we don't see often- maybe Flygon line?
    Starly line. I don't like the unova bird. I want my own.

Stuff I want that might get in-

Ditto
    Rotom
    Porygon, as a gift again. Those things are cool, even though they often are benchwarmers.

Years
  • I'll like to see Trapinch, Crawdaunt, Jynx (hasn't been in a dex I beleive since Johto's). Also the one's that have been in every regional dex since their introduction will proably be making a comeback...so lets prepare for Zubat, Geodude, Magikarp, Machop, Ralt (it was shown in the Radar thing so this one is likely), Abra, Snorunt, Pichu, etc.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Yes @Skitty. It'll be on my team. :DD I'm hoping for Bagon's evolution line to be in.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Agreed on Ditto a few posts back. Not sure where it'd be found, probably at the area around Nuvema this time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back