• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Spoiler] Starters

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I'll choose Cyndiquil, torchic, and Squirtle for HH, and totodile, treecko, and Charmander for ss

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I stated earlier that I would take Cyndaquil as my starter from the start of the game in SoulSilver. So, to level the types I'll be choosing Squirtle from Prof. Oak (my favorite Kanto starter) and Treecko (my favorite Hoenn Starter) after defeating Red.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Chikorita - my favorite Johto starter. ^^
    Charmander - the only fire starter I genuinely like other than Cyndaquil.
    Mudkip - because i liek them. 8DD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Jap SS; Cyndaquil, Squirtle, Treecko
    Eng SS; Totodile, Bulbasaur, Torchic
    Eng HG; Chikorita, Charmander, Mudkip

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I didn't know we would be able to get hoenn starters

totodile, charmander, treecko

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I am glad that nintendo did such a good job at making us happy by implementing this new feature!

My choices will be (maybe): Cyndaquil, Bulbasaur, Mudkip. (I noticed now that many others have taken the decision to take these pokemon too, but don't think that I am copying others! XD)
    Not totally sure about my choices though.....

Lucario's Girl

ルカリオ
    Years
    Cyndaquil, Charmander, and Torchic.

Since I am most-likely to be useing action replay on it, I don't really care about weaknesses and stuff x3 .Also, honestly, I think the fire pokemon are the only good looking pokemon out of the nine.As for Chimchar in sinnoh...it doesn't apply sooo...Yeah.

Years
    The only one I'm certain about is cyndaquil the others don't really matter as I can get them through pal park later but I'll probably go squirtle and I'm not a fan of the Hoenn starters so I'll pick one at random.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    I've always loved all three of the Gen II starters, so I'll have a hard time picking. I love Chikorita, but Cyndaquil is also awesome.

When I get both in English, I'll be sure to get all 12 onto both cartridges, since I have all 12 already on my Diamond version, hahahaha.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I've always loved all three of the Gen II starters, so I'll have a hard time picking. I love Chikorita, but Cyndaquil is also awesome.

When I get both in English, I'll be sure to get all 12 onto both cartridges, since I have all 12 already on my Diamond version, hahahaha.
    All I have to say is GGG.
    Go Chikorita - Go Challenge - Go love.

~ The most nerdy post I wrote on this board ~

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Well, I can get all 3 other gen starters from my Pt, except the hard choice is the Johto starters as of their rarity. But I think I will go with cyndaquil, mudkip (don't have it yet) and for fun Charmander

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    HG/SS is just awesome. All the starters included is just a +++++++. I've always wanted all gen starters to be available in the games. :3

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
    Cyndaquil, Charmander, and Mudkip.

I don't like any of the third generations, but I'll go with Mudkip, always wanted a Marshstomp. I took Torchic in my Sapphire and Emerald.
    I might pick Bulbasaur over Charmander since I can breed Charmander and I have a japanese squirtle. I need a Bulbasaur xD

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I'm only getting HeartGold, and am spreading the three generations starters with the three main types. I'm starting out with my favorite gen two, Cyndaquil. For the generation one Pokemon, I'm going to get Bulbasaur (fav generation one), and I'm getting Mudkip (tied fav of that generation) for generation three.

Back