• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Spoiler] Starters

Years
  • For Kanto starters, I'll pick Bulbasaur. I already have a Charmander before beating the Elite Four thanks to the GTS and I plan on obtaining a brand new Squirtle from there too. That would easily leave me down to the only choice. As for the Hoenn starters, I probably would pick Mudkip so I can breed some Swamperts for competitive play. I doubt I will be able to use the GTS again since I have yet to see an in-game trainer use one of them or their evolutions

I prefer lizard pokemons! Also I decided to have a different type of pokemon with each starter:

Kanto: Charmander
    Squirtle and Bulbasaur are defensive, a little slow... I prefer quick and powerful pokes...

Johto: Totodile
    I like cyndaquil but I already chose Charmander because of having better movepool. I HATE chikorita. I had previous experience with it in other pokemon games >.<

Hoenn: Treecko
    Treecko is the best grass starter from all (4th gen included). Fast, Powerful, acceptable defenses and a little better stats (check serebii). Blaziken is just awesome but flying beats fighting.

If I would consider Sinnoh's starters thenI would choose Infernape of course!

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    HeartGold
    Totodile, Charmander, Treeko

SoulSilver

Cyndaquil, Bulbasaur, Mudkip

Pikachu fan

SUSANOOMON IS NOT AMUSED
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    i would choose cyndaquil, squirtle and treecko

i like a bit of balance

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Soul Silver:
    - Totodile
    - Charmander
    - Treeko

Hoenn starters are the only ones that I like without exceptions, every one of them. So it's a hard choice -_-.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    charmender and treeko for me :P
    i always liked treeko, even in RSE.
    well, ive already chosen it and now its a big sceptile. :D

Back