• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Spoiler] The worst fight in the game, last Delta episode encounter

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    I thought the battle was fun :3
    I don't use legendaries in competitive battles ( don't like Uber tier) so it was just me riding along with the story. I enjoyed the episode. It was a challenge for me because I let him get all his def and spdef up. I like that challenge of it. Something I haven't had really this generation.

Years
  • I didn't even know you COULD encounter it again.
    If that wasn't mentioned in-game enough, then the original challenge is in any case a part of the game or something that a person was supposed to come up against. The industriousness shown by people in this thread is impressive. It's true that a Deoxys might not seem to call for more than an Ultra Ball, esp. given its high level when caught, and the elaborate process might just be a call-back to the significance of Rayquaza as a Pokémon in the third gen.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • They rarely change catchrates, and they haven't upped any legendary rates for ORAS.

Would like to know how you're so certain they didn't change anything?

I must have pretty much lucked out then, because I had to restart to capture Deoxys (Because again, I knew nothing about it being able to be encountered again later) and Rayquaza was as easy BOTH times.

Dialga and Zekrom was so hard for me, compared to back in Diamond and White.

I believe that Capture Rates are and should have been twisted to make them higher for Pokemon whom need to be rescued/ join the party for advancement.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I could easily take out Deoxys, but catching it was the problem.
    I used my Master Ball on Rayquaza, thinking he'd be harder to catch. Tried catching the Deoxys with other balls, but then just gave up and killed it.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    After many many turns and several timer balls I accidentally KO'd Deoxys. I wish I had read this thread before I reset, 'cause now I'm doing this bit all over again. Yeesh. Still, 'tis a small price to pay for finally - after nearly a decade - being able to obtain a goddamned Deoxys after missing out on all 3 US events. Thank you GF! Please do this with more old event legends in the future (particularly Arceus and 5th gen ones)!

Last edited:

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I had more trouble with Groudon tbh.

Ray I managed to catch first go with quick ball.
    Deoxys, I threw a quick ball, but it got loose, Ray then fainted, took one signal beam from my Walrein, and got it into light red HP, then I threw a dusk ball and caught it.

Really didn't have a problem at all. I had capture power 3 active for all of them, though. But seriously, it was active with Groudon, too, and even then, it took me a few resets to catch Groudon. I guess I just got lucky *shrug*

Years
  • I took a level 54 Sableye to the battle. I didn't have any problems.

(After reading this threads comments, holy cow. I took my low level Sableye and the worst thing Deoxys could do was Recover, and even that wasn't a big deal. I used 2 ultra balls to catch it, and the second one that landed was successful.)

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • If I were to dish out any serious criticism to GF for this game it would be the ridiculous dialogue requirements for catching a legendary. They have made it so counter-intuitive for competitive players.

So basically, barring a kill and Elite 4 visit, I have to pick between synchronizing for an ideal Rayquaza or Deoxys. So. Frickin. Lame.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    If I were to dish out any serious criticism to GF for this game it would be the ridiculous dialogue requirements for catching a legendary. They have made it so counter-intuitive for competitive players.

So basically, barring a kill and Elite 4 visit, I have to pick between synchronizing for an ideal Rayquaza or Deoxys. So. Frickin. Lame.

Yeah, I MUCH prefer the way they did it before, not letting you have Deoxys AT ALL and have to wait until they release an event ticket via an in person giveaway or mixing records with people who got it who they themselves are limited to only being able to give it to 100 people each. Having to beat the elite 4 again and being able to get Deoxys right away, totally lame! ;-)

Years
  • The thing about legendaries is that the more there are, the less legendary they become. That's to say there are over 50 legendary pokemon. It's not that impressive anymore. Now it's just a pain to the newer players that don't have access to those old events due to age, disinterest, or lack of funding at the time.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I thought it was unessesary the way that Gamefreak did it. To be honest you SHOULD be able to save before a legendary battle. Maybe beflre you put the suit on you could've saved and talked to the girl to go to space. I OHKO'd deoxys, then restarted it and used master ball. Not using the master ball on anything else, but it is the first time i felt forced to use it. I wasn't even aware that it would respawn back if you defeated it.... Kinda feeling ugghh about it to be honest :/

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Honestly i think that everyone is overreacting. For one, we all knew we would fight and probably be able to catch it. 2) yes the dialog is long but anyone who is going to fight a legend should always have a status inducer. 3) its freaking deoxys! It's amazing we can catch it without an event. 4) rayquazza was barely a challenge to catch and you are healed before deoxys. I literary caught rayquazza anddexys with the first ultraball. Got them to yellow and paralyzed with my alakazam's thunderwave. So i don't think it is much of a challenge as everyone says, plus it's always been available to catch killed story legends by rebeating the elite four.

Years
  • "Rayquaza used Dragon Ascent!"

And so the dead Deoxys was dead. Oh well, I'll have an opportunity to actually soft reset for it instead of going through all the battles and cutscenes beforehand.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I had a high leveled Metagross and Mega Altaria, both of which resist Deoxys's and Rayquaza's attacks and Metagross knew Hold Back to leave it at 1HP, so it wasn't a hard battle for me, just annoying. Twice Deoxys KOed itself with Struggle and not only was I forced to battle it again I also had to battle both Rayquaza and Zinnia. I went through like, 30-40 Ultra Balls for both of them and it was annoying playing through it more than once. But I did like the Delta Episode regardless! Just wish they would have autosaved as Rayquaza flew up into space.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I think Deoxys took me 4 attempts all up.
    I did have one from gen IV that I've carried through. But wanted to catch it myself.
    First time I fought him I 1 hit KO'd him.
    Next time he broke free of every ball I had (I don't use my masterball)
    Next time killed rayquaza accidentally :P
    Final time Rayquaza in a Nest Ball on first attempt cause apparently lvl 70 is low?
    Then Deoxys went to a premier ball or heal ball (forget which I used) on the first attempt.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I didn't even know you COULD encounter it again.

And when I do, I will knock it out, because what a stupid idea by gamefreak, I feel sorry for people that will try over and over to catch it there, Deoxys is barely even worth the hassle.

Game Freak gets a lotta hate hahah. I would think adding a whole original story with a previously event exclusive legend and beautiful 3D cutscenes onto the end of an old story they change slightly would be met with high praise though - not crucifixion for making a hard legend to obtain hard to obtain.

If you are still having trouble though; I'd like to point out that with Mega Rayquaza at level 70, and Deoxys at 80 (which is the natural state of this battle the first time you encounter it) one dragon pulse will around 90% of the time put Deoxys at exactly between 1 and 3 % HP. I think they actually set the levels and stats that particular way; just to help people catch it. And show off Mega Ray's power.

Years
  • Game Freak gets a lotta hate hahah. I would think adding a whole original story with a previously event exclusive legend and beautiful 3D cutscenes onto the end of an old story they change slightly would be met with high praise though - not crucifixion for making a hard legend to obtain hard to obtain.

If you are still having trouble though; I'd like to point out that with Mega Rayquaza at level 70, and Deoxys at 80 (which is the natural state of this battle the first time you encounter it) one dragon pulse will around 90% of the time put Deoxys at exactly between 1 and 3 % HP. I think they actually set the levels and stats that particular way; just to help people catch it. And show off Mega Ray's power.

I liked the mission (the story was all kinds of wtf though) and the cutscenes were great but not being able to save between each part is what killed it for most people. If you could save after beating Zinnia I'm pretty sure this thread wouldn't exist lol.

I reset 4 times before giving up cause I kept killing Deoxys. I'm not sure what it was but every attack either killed it right off or hit with a critical. I just said screw it since I have one in X that I'll just trade over (although it is good to know that you can recapture the thing).

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't think saving is even all that necessary. Of course it's possible to recapture Deoxys.nthats how it's always been according to my friends that have played these games since the first second and third generations.

Back