• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen SPOILERS! "He sure is a Looker"

Years
  • so, has anyone else finished the game [beaten the elite four and so forth] and then gone back to Lumoise city and gotten the mini-plotline with Detective Looker?
    i was wondering what everyone else thought about it...
    i finished it fairly quickly because i was curious, but now i'm just upset! ; n;

i... i was so confused. what was the point of this?
    it was just so sad. and kind of creepy?
    i mean. Looker. you just met this orphan girl on the street.
    why are you taking her in.
    what's with you then leaving her behind on her own to run her own detective agency?

i. what.

what did you guys think???

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I was actually surprised that it was a side-story line overall. Normally you see Looker in the post-game to clean up the leftovers you left in the main storyline.

Anyways, it was kind of... pointless? But this is Pokémon we're talking about, post-game content almost always doesn't make any sense or are just dull as hell. It was a nice to time kill a little and earn some easy levels and money, but that's about it.

Years
  • hahah, this is true, i suppose beggars can't be choosers.
    i don't know, i just wish it had maybe a happier ending, or had more to do with team flare.
    since the main plot was left pretty up in the air, too...

Years
  • I was actually surprised that it was a side-story line overall. Normally you see Looker in the post-game to clean up the leftovers you left in the main storyline.

Anyways, it was kind of... pointless? But this is Pokémon we're talking about, post-game content almost always doesn't make any sense or are just dull as hell. It was a nice to time kill a little and earn some easy levels and money, but that's about it.

I mean, it did take care of the mystery of what happened to the psychopath Dr. Xerosis, so I'd say it had ties with the main story... slight ties, but still there. I kind of enjoyed the post-side Looker plot, I thought it was awkwardly better developed than the main one, which sadly isn't too tough to beat.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think the point was showing that Team Flare wasn't really bad, but mislead. After I did the side story with Looker, my thoughts of Team Flare actually changed a bit. It was predictable though. ( I ain't saying they aren't still crazy though)

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I've completed it.
    Quite troublesome considering I find it hard to find the areas they're hiding in in such a huge city.
    I guess it does says a lot on teenagers these days, too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've completed the missions as well. (: The hardest, for me, were number one and number five. In the first missions, you had various tickets spread all across Lumiose City. Lumiose was a big place, and to successfully find the tickets, you had to search every single corner of it; this took a lot of time. I couldn't find the last ticket, so I cheated, kinda, and looked it up online. xD

As for the fifth mission… this was hard because, well, you had to battle Essentia. In my opinion, she was a very tough trainer. You were required to battle her four times in a row, and if you lost any, then the mission would be cancelled; you'd have to start again from the beginning. The first three times I had battled her, it wasn't too much of a trouble. When I battled her for the final time, though, I was extremely close to being defeated. Her Malamar was very hard to take down, and with its help, she was able to beat three - four of my Pokémon quite easily. Thanks to Psycho Cut, Malamar had the chance to knock out my Chesnaught and Talonflame. With Night Slash, it was able to defeat Dusknoir and Espeon. I had a Blastoise, though, which saved the day for me. If it wasn't for that, then I probably would've lost.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hm, well, honestly, this mini-storyline would of been much better during the actual game, imo. That girl that Looker looked after seemed to be quite the cheerful ally, and well, the whole storyline in general sort of fits in how you'd look at Team Flare, or basically the society in the Kalos region in general. I didn't think the missions were too difficult, in which I thiiink my pokemon were pretty over leveled, so, mostly I used my level 70 Ampharos. It sort of sucked going through that Team Flare cafe again, because ugh, how I hate navigating through those warp panels, and those floor things that glide you through them.

Hm, did anyone notice how Malva, a E4 member, seemed to know a lot about Team Flare? Perhaps she was a member of Team Flare, a long time ago? Hm. Well, all in all, I actually did like the mini-story; it was pretty touching how Looker's and Emma's friendship grew, but then, Looker leaving as the sad music played... it was quite touching. I only hope they would go a bit more with this though, and again, it'd be better if they fit this to the main story, imo.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • I've completed the missions as well. (: The hardest, for me, were number one and number five. In the first missions, you had various tickets spread all across Lumiose City. Lumiose was a big place, and to successfully find the tickets, you had to search every single corner of it; this took a lot of time. I couldn't find the last ticket, so I cheated, kinda, and looked it up online. xD

As for the fifth mission… this was hard because, well, you had to battle Essentia. In my opinion, she was a very tough trainer. You were required to battle her four times in a row, and if you lost any, then the mission would be cancelled; you'd have to start again from the beginning. The first three times I had battled her, it wasn't too much of a trouble. When I battled her for the final time, though, I was extremely close to being defeated. Her Malamar was very hard to take down, and with its help, she was able to beat three - four of my Pokémon quite easily. Thanks to Psycho Cut, Malamar had the chance to knock out my Chesnaught and Talonflame. With Night Slash, it was able to defeat Dusknoir and Espeon. I had a Blastoise, though, which saved the day for me. If it wasn't for that, then I probably would've lost.

If you had difficulty with the 5th mission then its a training issue. If you proper use the exp. O-power and limit your pokes to 3-4 for the game. She shouldve been a wash for you really

Years
  • Hm, did anyone notice how Malva, a E4 member, seemed to know a lot about Team Flare? Perhaps she was a member of Team Flare, a long time ago?
    If you fight her again in the E4, she will state her hatred for you and reference her past involvement in Team Flare.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • I too really liked the Looker missions. Looker always seemed like a bland character in my opinion, so I'm glad they gave him more of a personality this time (it's subtle, but it's still there). I was really surprised to see Xerosic had a soft side. He seems to have many different kinds of Pokemon, instead of just the standard ones every Flare member uses and for what it's worth he apparently has been pretty nice towards Emma when she was with him (Emma seems to like him at least).
    Also, does Looker and Emma's relationship remind anyone else of Phoenix Wright? Think of it: A slightly incompetent detective (Phoenix himself is a detective first and a lawyer second) with a hot-headed teenage girl as a sidekick. It's kinda sort of similar...

Quinn

Shall we get down to business?
    Years
  • so, has anyone else finished the game [beaten the elite four and so forth] and then gone back to Lumoise city and gotten the mini-plotline with Detective Looker?
    i was wondering what everyone else thought about it...
    i finished it fairly quickly because i was curious, but now i'm just upset! ; n;

i... i was so confused. what was the point of this?
    it was just so sad. and kind of creepy?
    i mean. Looker. you just met this orphan girl on the street.
    why are you taking her in.
    what's with you then leaving her behind on her own to run her own detective agency?

i. what.

what did you guys think???

The new pokemon Detective game is what i think.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    I really was hoping there would be more side quests and stories like this.. I want there to be downloadable content so we can continue playing this game besides catching/finding everything and leveling up.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Looker quests- thoughts, spoilers, headcanon

Gee willkikers, where do I even begin with this?so I just completed the Looker quests in pokemon X, and thought I'd share dome of my thoughts about the characters, the events that went down in the quests, and Maybe a sprinkling of headcanon.
    Lessee , my first encounter with Looker was in the pokemon anime, and I didn't really care for him too much, then. His actions, name, and ridiculous character design were a little too out there for me. It was those eyes, mostly- and the name, to be honest

But getting to know his character in the game, well, ridiculous appearance and creepy large eyes aside, made me grow to like his character a little more, especially once he took two protoges under his wing.

The whole Emma scenario was trippy, kept me guessing right to the end! There were so many unexpected plot twists! From her being (SPOILER!!!!!) a homeless street urchin, and the head of a city gang, to her being taken in without a second thought by Looker, a building pretty much all to herself, to her being used by Dr Xeno and duped into performing crimes as E-droid

A lot of people finished long before me and experienced these Looker quests; and shared their feelings on them- some posting that it was enough to make them cry, and I kept away from the spoilers to prevent whatever moment of gameplay being talked about from being ruined for me. (I thought it was the Flabebe being revived at the cost of other pokemon lives, as the story progressed ) and once I found myself doing the Looker quests, I had the impression that the Espurr, Mimi, was going to die- sacrificing itself either by taking an attack from Emma in the suit, like Looker had, or by using all of its psychic power to try and stop her, and killing itself in the process. I'm glad it wasn't any of those, and Mimi remained unharmed, but watching Emma suffering to the point of agony under the suits control was a little scary, I admit- though how it all ended, with her being distraught over Looker's departure wasn't enough to make me cry.

But thanks to the Looker quests, ivd come to realize that what I'm most interested in is the International police force that's dedicated to breaking up region gangs- and this is where the headcanon comes in. I totally think that Red, from the original games-disbander of Team Rocket, and Wes, from pkmn Coluseum, ex-Team Snagem member and partial disbander, could be the two pillars who came together and created the Int. police, and Looker is just one of their many underling agent cops

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2013
    Pokemon X postgame

Have someone done the looker missions already ???

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I finished them all, in the end they seemed happy, now i have a THEORY (Bum bum BUUUUMMM)

the New pokemon detective game may feature him, but it also features pikachu, during the sidequest he mentions he has a pokemon he used to always work with but doesn't have anymore, allot thought that it might of been Croagunk from D/P, but whaaaattt if it was PIKACHU, and this game is the time he worked with him/ reuniting with him, whata you think?

Back