• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports, Sports, Everywhere!

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
  • Sooo... I haven't seen a thread like this... but i may be wrong

Have you ever played a sport and if so what sports?

Do you consider yourself athletic?

What sports do you enjoy watching and what teams do you like?

Now go post my children.... and I just had to put in a sports related gif... So have the waterboy! :D

Sports, Sports, Everywhere!

Sirfetch’d

I've never played a sport before other than in gym class. I am not athletic at all and I don't even like to pretend I am. I do LOVE watching sports though.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I used to be forced to play a lot of peewee sports when I was in Elementary School. My mom said she wanted me to do it because she wanted me to be friends with the people on my team. Sadly, I hated every single person on my team and they hated me too. That obviously answers the question of whether or not I'm athletic as well. And for watching sports, no; they're all boring. I especially hate it when other people watch sports when I'm around because they're so loud and oh my god shut up it's just a touchdown NO ONE CARES.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    There's quite a few that I'm interested in, such as Hockey, Snowboarding, Skiing, Motorcross, Surfing, Rock Climbing, Street Racing, and Rugby, but have yet to try.
    The one's that I personally have participated in before would be: Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Dodgeball, Swimming (it was an unofficial competition), Football, Hiking, a few Footraces, Cricket, and if you consider them to be sports, Skateboarding, Cycling, and Rollarblading.

Do I consider myself athletic?
    Meh, if I get back into shape then maybe. . . But not really. :x

I honestly can't stand watching sports. I've tried to keep up to date with some of the teams in the NHL, for example, and just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • when I was younger my family/school forced me to do team sport which due to my special needs suck at. but karate helped with that. So I guess I am not that athletic.

I do not watch sport on tv.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • This thread is more General Entertainment material, due the topic of sports. Since the thread barely passes GE's no listing policy, I'll move this thread there. ^^

-moved.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I do like watching sports on TV and on the stadium, but I would consider myself a lazy person when it comes to me playing sports or other physical activity (I remember in school I failed PE twice).

Have you ever played a sport and if so what sports? - what ever sports there where in school's PE (even failed it twice), aside from that I have never been interested in playing sports

Do you consider yourself athletic? - no, more of a lazy person. I would rather play DS or surf the net than play sports, including during sunny days

What sports do you enjoy watching and what teams do you like? - I like a few teams, since I mostly watch Football. I support my local team, Seattle Sounders FC, and also the team of my southern neighbors, Portland Timbers FC. I also support my national team, USA.
    Usually depends on what tournament I'm watching, or if it's a single match. I will usually pick one team (it doesn't have to be the best team or most over liked team) and support them.

I also watch NFL (which I personally call Americanized Rugby - since NFL mostly resembles that sport) I like Seattle Seahawks. Don't like many of the other sports.

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
    Years
  • yes I love sports. In high school I played Soccer and Golf and a couple years ran indoor track. I was never the fastest and definetly not the strongest but I worked hard so i improved a lot. I would consider myself athletic but I've been a bit out of shape since I graduated last June. I still play pick up games of Soccer and go golfing a lot though.

Sports is also the thing I watch most on TV. mainly Soccer games and Golf tournaments (surprising right) but I'll watch other sports. Snowboarding is one of my favorite sports to watch that I am not very good at.

Years
  • All references to football in this post are toward soccer not American Football.

I play Basketball and Football recreationally every so often. Obviously I've experienced various other sports through PE (Gym) Class.

I have an athletic build, but no not really. I'm not fit at all.

I enjoy watching football and I support my local team Middlesbrough FC. I also have soft spots for Manchester United and Real Madrid, but neither of them come close to Boro.

I also watch a fair bit of basketball and support the Chicago Bulls, but I'm not too bothered about the specific teams in comparison to football.

The only other thing I watch large amounts of is Formula One, I support whichever team Raikkonen drives for (currently Lotus). When he was out of the sport, I just supported Ferrari.

I'll watch tennis occasionally too, I like Nadal but obviously he isn't a team.

Last edited:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Oh yes, i love soccer and curling. I suck at courling tho, i think there is no curling in the USA :/ but im good at soccer :D

I also like athletism, i watch it. Like, running etc.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • Have you ever played a sport and if so what sports?

Basketball and Football mostly, but I've also played Soccer, Tennis, and Baseball.

Not really, I only play sports when I have nothing else to do or when my friends invite me to play with them, mostly basketball. But I don't consider myself athletic at all.

I enjoy watching Football and Basketball mostly. My favourite basketball team is Miami Heat, I've been a fan since 7th grade and I don't think that will ever change. I also like the Brooklyn Nets and the Houston Rockets. As for Football, I always go with the NY Giants, they're the only team I like and bother to watch. If they're not playing then I really don't watch Football.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • And for watching sports, no; they're all boring. I especially hate it when other people watch sports when I'm around because they're so loud and oh my god shut up it's just a touchdown NO ONE CARES.

The people that are being loud care ;D

Anyways... I guess I'll answer my own questions tell yall a bit bout myself

Right now I play football and track, used to play baseball and basketball and when I was reaally little i played a little soccer.

Kind of... If not for me being so skinny and weak i would consider myself a good athlete. I got the hands and the speed but, no strength XD

Favorite sports to watch... Football, Baseball, and Basketball.
    My favorite sports team in anything is UGA (University of Georgia) I love cfb so much XD
    Favorite team in the NFL is Pittsburgh cause of Hines Ward
    Favortie MLB team is the Braves cause theyre the hometown team
    I don't really have a favorite NBA team but, I hate the Heat :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I played Softball in most of my childhood, Badminton during my freshman year of high school, and I do swimming as well. I want to try out Archery, as it's an interesting sport to play.

I watch baseball, football (both college and NFL), soccer (only world cup), and most of all, NASCAR. I'm also into other motorsports like IndyCar and ARCA, but I find myself following NASCAR a lot more than any other sport.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Many. But since in Sixth Form you don't have to do Rugby etc. if you choose something else, recently its only been Football and the occasional game of Squash. Also some casual cycling (or slightly more effort made when in the gym).

I think I have a degree of natural athleticism. I used to be a decent long distance runner when I was 10-14ish, without putting work in. My build (tall, lean) is suited to that sort of activity. However seeing as my favourite sport is Football and my control is awful (although if I was a goalkeeper it'd look good compared to how bad I can be with my hands on occasion), I don't often come across as that athletic.

Football, mostly. I support Manchester United, but also have on occasion enjoyed seeing my local team (Carlisle United) play. Seen MU once but it was very expensive and the atmosphere was...well...uncomfotable. I also tend to have a favourite team from other major leagues - Real Madrid, Milan / Napoli, and Borussia Dortmund at the moment. I do sometimes watch the likes of Barcelona play when there's nothing else to do and its on t.v. I wouldn't seek out a stream on the internet for anyone except United though. Possible England if they were playing a decent team (I'd rather watch them get beat comprehensively by Germany than scrape a win over Ireland, tbh, as the former would be a more entertaining match).

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years

I had done Karate for around 5 and a half years and I did at least 3 of baseball.

Yeah, I guess so. I work out.

I very rarely watch baseball, if it's on in Australia I'd watch it. I like the White Sox.
    Also, I've gotten into AFL in the past two years due to friends. I've followed West Coast Eagles since 2003 and I believe AFL is probably one of the greatest sports, period.
    I'd love to play it one day.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years

Erm... here's the list I guess:
    Football (soccer), Taekwondo, Rugby, Basketball, Canoeing, Rowing, Karate, Rounders, Handball, Tennis, Badminton...

The list goes ooooonnnnn yo

If only. I wish I was. I mean, I love playing sports and if I'm invited I do go nearly all the time but because I'm not in the most pristine shape I don't do as well as others. I do try going running nearly every day however and do attend taekwondo classes every Tuesday. I also play football with my friends whenever we meet ]-up.

I watch football whenever it's on TV or if its Chelsea, whenever I can (internet etc.) KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH

Basketball can be fun watching too I guess, and I also watch taekwondo sometimes since I actually understand what they're doing now and how everything works. Tennis whenever Wimbledon or the ATP World Tour tournament is on.

Years

At one point I had a list of all the sports I loved playing in my profile, and there must've been about two dozen on there. The only two I've played competitively though are baseball and golf, and they were only for one season each (I'd much rather play for fun than in an organized setting). Above everything else though I love playing road hockey the most- I'd play actual ice hockey if I could skate :p

I've always found myself in an odd position, as I'm good at the majority of sports I've played (including being rookie of the year and an all-star in my one year of baseball), but I'm anything but athletic. I always loved surprising people in gym class at school though, since I was usually one of the last people taken for team sports, but ended up being better than most people I was playing with. I was also able to get an A in my final year of P.E., which I was probably more excited about than any other academic accomplishment I'd had up to that point, haha.

If it isn't basketball, there's a chance I love watching it (I've given basketball a chance on numerous occasions, but I can never find myself interested in it). I could spend all day talking about all my favorite teams from different sports, but the main ones I follow are the New Jersey Devils in the NHL, the Kansas City Chiefs in the NFL, and the Los Angeles Dodgers in the MLB (though, I haven't followed them much this year). There are also quite a few association football teams I follow like the Vancouver Whitecaps, Chelsea, Juventus, Paris St-Germain and AC Milan, but I don't have one true favorite.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I love playing sports. I recently got into our school's volleyball team, but I'd have to say I'm better at badminton. I'm decent at basketball as well, despite my height and the fact that I look like I can easily fly along with a gentle breeze. I consider myself to be very athletic, honestly, but I rarely watch sports on television.

Riv

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2013

I played football earlier in my life, and I currently play baseball.

Yes. In my Gym classes I've always been the fastest, strongest things like that. Last year I was voted the most athletic in the class aha ;D.

I mostly watch football and a little baseball.
    I like the Jacksonville Jaguars since they are my home team. And the Yankees in baseball.

Back