• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Spot the Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

• Spot the Difference!

As the name implies you have to find the differences between two images. These two images are within the Pink borders.

There will be two pairs of images per day;
    -one pair will be from screenshots from Switch Pokemon games.
    -the other pair will be from screenshots from games on Steam.

This game will run for 12 days and the amount of differences will go up a bit as the game goes on:
    -Day 1 & 2 --> 3 Differences per pair.
    -Day 3 & 4 --> 4 Differences per pair.
    -Day 5 & 6 --> 5 Differences per pair.
    -Day 7-12 --> 6 Differences per pair.

Submitting your answers

When submitting your answers you can either mark the differences on the pictures or describe them in text.

If you mark it on the pictures, make sure you mark it clearly. You're free to add a description about what you marked on the pictures too of course!
    When describing what the difference is make sure you refer to it specifically.
    For example; if there's a picture with say 10 trees on them and you merely say one of the trees is different, it won't get you any points.
    Try to be as specific as you can!

For every difference you get correct you will be given 1 point.
    For every difference where I think you know what it is, but it isn't accurately described or marked, you get 0.5 point.
    For example; you describe the difference itself perfectly, but you claim it's in the top right corner when it's actually in the top left corner.

You will be ranked based on the points you earn from spotting differences.
    At the end of the game the person in 1st place will get an additional 100 points, the person in 2nd will get an additional 50 points, and the person in 3rd an additional 25 points.
    If there are any 0.5 points left over at the end of the game, these will be rounded up, but only after 1st/2nd/3rd have been determined.

If you participate on at least two different days you will get 5 participation points.
    Participation points have no influence on your ranking within this game.

Tiebreaker

If necessary there will be a tiebreaker to determine the top three on the 13th day.

The tiebreaker will be an additional two pairs of images that have an unspecified amount of differences. Find as many as you can!
    Whoever gets the most correct will win the tie!

The tiebreaker will be sent through PM to those tied for 1st/2nd/3rd.
    The differences in the tiebreaker will not earn you any additional points, given that there are already extra points for 1st/2nd/3rd.

Rules

-No sharing your answers with others. This is meant as an individual challenge.

-Submit your answers to me in PM. You have 24-hours from the time the image was posted to submit your answers.
    When you first submit your answers please include the team you are on: Arqueros or Guerreros.

-You can only submit your answers once for each day, so make sure you're confident with your answers before submitting!

Leaderboard

Spotter Champion (Perfect Score of 120 Points):
    -Chr. Draco - 120 points (Guerreros)
    -Devalue - 120 points (Guerreros)
    -Janp - 120 points (Arqueros)
    -Starlight - 120 points (Arqueros)

Master Spotter (100 - 119.5 Points):
    -Aquacorde - 119 points (Guerreros)
    -Eleanor - 114 points (Guerreros)
    -apro - 112 points (Guerreros)
    -Hyzenthlay - 108 points (Arqueros)
    -Mario-Man - 100 points (Guerreros)

Expert Spotter (70 - 99.5 Points):
    -

Veteran Spotter (45 - 69.5 Points):
    -Sheep - 63.5 points (Arqueros)

Adept Spotter (25-44.5 Points):
    -

Apprentice Spotter (10 - 24.5 Points):
    -Shooting Star - 20 points (Arqueros)
    -TwilightBlade - 19 points (Arqueros)
    -tenthcompanion - 18.5 points (Arqueros)
    -Count Dracularc - 11 points (Guerreros)
    -X_K.V.Jin_X - 10 (Arqueros)

Novice Spotter (0.5 - 9.5 Points):
    -5qwerty - 6 points (Guerreros)
    -wolf - 6 points (Arqueros)
    -saniachan - 5 points (Arqueros)
    - VisionofMilotic - 5 points (Guerreros)

Spot the Difference

Spot the Difference

---Links in case the images don't load for you---
    Pokemon - Day 1:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=103214&stc=1&d=1665299908
    Alternate link: https://i.imgur.com/CED4Vnt.png

Steam - Day 1:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=103215&stc=1&d=1665299916
    Alternate link: https://i.imgur.com/3jJUvF5.png

(Right click the link and click Open in New Tab).

Attachments

• Spot the Difference
      testbg.jpg
      289 KB · Views: 204
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Thank you. The top link does not work, it says I do not have permission to view it. The bottom link works.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • I've provided links to them at the bottom of the post. See if the top ones works first and let me know if it doesn't =3
    Also added an alternative link below that just in case it doesn't.
    The problem is that the embedded images are linked from a post in the EO area where normal users don't have access so they can use only the alternative links. Replace embedded images with ones uploaded to Imgur and upload images to Imgur from now on.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Submitted the differences.

Another alternative if you don't want to IMGUR is Discord, which I think has visible images even from private servers.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Ended up figuring those out somehow, these were brutal.

I'm lowkey a bit scared to see what's coming next, lol.

Years
  • Im both relieved that there was no difference between the grassy parts in day 1's pokemon images and scared of the day when we get an image pair that is made up of 50% grass and does have differences in it.

Years
  • Questions, if you think you know all three in one picture, but haven't spotted a difference for the other picture is it okay to just submit answers for one puzzle, but not the other?

The Pokemon challenge Day 2 I have figured out, but no progress on the Steam one. I'll try to keep thinking about it, but if time starts to run out, I was thinking of just going with whatever I had, if that's allowed, because it could still be some points, even if not the full amount. I wanted to make sure that partial submissions will be accepted though.

Are you allowed to send in some, but not all answers, or does it not count if you don't at least try to complete both of the puzzles? Same goes for when you think you know maybe one or two differences in an image but have no clue about the third change? Can you just message what you do know and receive something for that, If it's right?

Years
  • Questions, if you think you know all three in one picture, but haven't spotted a difference for the other picture is it okay to just submit answers for one puzzle, but not the other?

The Pokemon challenge Day 2 I have figured out, but no progress on the Steam one. I'll try to keep thinking about it, but if time starts to run out, I was thinking of just going with whatever I had, if that's allowed, because it could still be some points, even if not the full amount. I wanted to make sure that partial submissions will be accepted though.

Are you allowed to send in some, but not all answers, or does it not count if you don't at least try to complete both of the puzzles? Same goes for when you think you know maybe one or two differences in an image but have no clue about the third change? Can you just message what you do know and receive something for that, If it's right?

You can just send in what you have if you can't find the rest. Someone else did the same already.
    However only your first submission will be scored, so keep that in mind. If you submit your answers now and then find the remaining differences later on, but still before the 24h deadline, those wont be scored if you try to submit them, as you'd already have an answer submission.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back