• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprigatito Adoration Thread<3

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • I plan to obtain both versions and select the Grass and Water starters in each, but here is where I admit that I actually think the Grass starter has the best basic form out of the three revealed so far.

I know that it is near guaranteed that it's final form is gonna be a hit unless they somehow screw it up which is hopefully unlikely. I for one actually do not mind it being bipedal, but it only attacking on two legs but runs on all fours would be nice.

I also think it would be amazing if we got another Grass starter that's the strongest of the three starters or the one that makes the game easier, so I really, REALLY hope it's typing ends up as Grass/Steel or something.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I had put the drawing of Lyntilla in the art section! :D The final evolution will be partly based on the Saber Tooth Cat, an extinct animal like how Decidueye is partly based on the stilt legged owl and Chestnaught is partly based of the Glyptodon. You can see a hint of it's saber tooth cat evolution in it's fangs! :)

I'm going to come here and say that, in Spain, at least, puntilla means "knockout blow", a kind of fried fish or the edges of a fried egg, so uh. xD

I see it evolving into a Lynx, one of our national animals, so yeah, that part I absolutely agree with.

Years
  • Sprigatito Adoration Thread<3

Celestigato, the celestial lynx Pokemon! Grass and Psychic type. Evolves from Lyntilla. It is also the final evolved form of Sprigatito!

Clestigato is a Pokemon that is known to see through the minds of people and other Pokemon. It is also rare and secretive, preferring to stay away from people and only come when it trusts it's trainer and the other Pokemon around them. It has powerful psychic powers and is believed to have the ability to see the future!

Name is from Celestial and "Gato" (Spanish word of cat.)

It's design is based on the lynx and the saber tooth cat. It also have design elements of the moon and the magical eye. It is also based on a fortune teller and the rings it has around it's body and legs are based of the rings of the planet, Saturn. Lastly it is based on the mythology in Greece that the animal, Lynx is a keeper of secrets and have supernatural eyesight.

NOTE: This Pokemon is fanmade and is not by Gamefreak! Art by me!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Litten says hi.... also a cat and a starter.

Other than that, I agree, this is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Yes I love Litten too, adorable kitty, I didn't pick him as a starter when I played Sun and Moon for some reason, I think because I didn't like the final evolution, but lately I've been watching the Sun and Moon anime and really fell in love with him, he's so sweet. I may go back and play through Sun and Moon again and have him as my starter this time.

I am excited that there's another cat starter for this newest generation though, I just hope the evolutions of Sprigatito are good

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Yes I love Litten too, adorable kitty, I didn't pick him as a starter when I played Sun and Moon for some reason, I think because I didn't like the final evolution, but lately I've been watching the Sun and Moon anime and really fell in love with him, he's so sweet. I may go back and play through Sun and Moon again and have him as my starter this time.

I am excited that there's another cat starter for this newest generation though, I just hope the evolutions of Sprigatito are good

as a cat lover, another cat starter is the best thing ever! Full cat team coming right up! I really hope it has a good evolutionary line too and an interesting typing.

PageEmp

Years
  • As for the fan made final evo posted here that nobody seemed to notice until now, great design!

I have exactly one complaint, and it has nothing to do with the design: the Grass/Psychic typing. It makes sense, but no, we don't want something that's weak to everything and not too great of a typing either. I still lean towards my choice of Grass/Steel.

Years
  • Yes, it may not be the best typing, but at least it would be strong against ground, rock, water, fighting and poison types (although it would be weak against poison...) I would give it high special attack, special defense, moderately high attack, defense and hp. However I think it would have very low speed because lynxes are very bulky animals and to balance out the other stats.

Whiteeyes1989

Normal/Dark -type
    Years
  • I have to admit, I love the design. I think I might pick it as my starter, baring revelations about its evolution. This would mark the 3rd generation where I didn't pick the water starter, the others two times being Fennekin and Rowlet, since I started back in Gen 1. Though in the case of Gen 7 and 9 it feels more like a failure on the part of the water type to look good than the other option just looking so much better. And with Gen 6 that's just because I love foxes so damn much, especially fennec foxes.

Years
  • I have to admit, I love the design. I think I might pick it as my starter, baring revelations about its evolution. This would mark the 3rd generation where I didn't pick the water starter, the others two times being Fennekin and Rowlet, since I started back in Gen 1. Though in the case of Gen 7 and 9 it feels more like a failure on the part of the water type to look good than the other option just looking so much better. And with Gen 6 that's just because I love foxes so damn much, especially fennec foxes.

It really is adorable. <3

You got me thinking about my previous starter choices and going backwards a bit with generations I chose Scorbunny, Popplio, Fennekin. I'd say it's been ages since I picked a grass starter but I did choose Snivy in BW2 so that counts, even if it's still the least picked starter type for me. Interesting to think about what patterns we may've had with previous games lol, but who knows, the final evos could change our minds? Still, Sprigatito is one of the cutest mons I have seen in a long time. Hopefully it looks elegant when it evolves.

Sheeer

Blissfully Mystic
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2022
    Team Sprigatito here.

As for the hotly debated final evo, I'm not necessarily opposed to a bipedal evolution, as long the as design itself is tight.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I have seen so, so many incredible designs for Sprigatito's evolutions lately with every Grass/Type combination you can imagine. Pokémon artists really be putting in their work with this kitty cat.

PageEmp

Years
  • Please be Grass/Fairy or Grass/Steel. I now lean towards the former but either are ideal. Do NOT let it have a bad typing, nor a horrific typing like Grass/Dark.

Grass/Dark is the WORST type combination in the whole game and I will die on that hill. I care more about this thing having a passable typing than having a final form on two legs. Just, screw the Grass/Dark typing and the fact there is nothing good about that and it's many weaknesses and give us a useful final evo!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Please be Grass/Fairy or Grass/Steel. I now lean towards the former but either are ideal. Do NOT let it have a bad typing, nor a horrific typing like Grass/Dark.

Grass/Dark is the WORST type combination in the whole game and I will die on that hill. I care more about this thing having a passable typing than having a final form on two legs. Just, screw the Grass/Dark typing and the fact there is nothing good about that and it's many weaknesses and give us a useful final evo!
    I really don't think they'll go with a Dark Typing for precious green-bean there. It was only Gen 7 (granted, six years ago now but still) when Incineroar was introduced, and GF really pushed it into the spotlight what with making it a Smash character, giving it major airtime in the anime, having its own amiibo & tons more merch, getting more TCG appearances than any of the Gen 7 starters, and just generally being given preferential treatment. It also appears in 17 games no less! (Though, there are two additional games that don't have Incineroar, but do have a pre-evo. So possibly 19 games in total depending on how strict you're feeling lol).

Anyway, my whole point to this rant was that the last time GF made a starter with a secondary Dark type (sans Hisuian Samurott), they made such a bloody big deal of it. And I don't think they're looking to outshine Incineroar just yet - I mean there's hardly any new Nintendo IP releases coming that they could capitalize on!

I can't predict what Sprigatito's second type might be, but I've seen gorgeous examples of Fairy (obviously lol), Poison, Psychic, and one Flying type that was super creative! Nah, I don't think GF is ready to dethrone the big Fire/Dark/Fighting MMA Cat-Man for whatever Sprigatito may turn out to be.

…at least, I hope.. щ(゜ロ゜щ)

Last edited:

PageEmp

Years
  • I really don't think they'll go with a Dark Typing for precious green-bean there. It was only Gen 7 (granted, six years ago now but still) when Incineroar was introduced, and GF really pushed it into the spotlight what with making it a Smash character, giving it major airtime in the anime, having its own amiibo & tons more merch, getting more TCG appearances than any of the Gen 7 starters, and just generally being given preferential treatment. It also appears in 17 games no less! (Though, there are two additional games that don't have Incineroar, but do have a pre-evo. So possibly 19 games in total depending on how strict you're feeling lol).

I can't predict what Sprigatito's second type might be, but I've seen gorgeous examples of Fairy (obviously lol), Poison, Psychic, and one Flying type that was super creative! Nah, I don't think GF is ready to dethrone the big Fire/Dark/Fighting MMA Cat-Man for whatever Sprigatito may turn out to be.

Yeah, I figure that another reason it won't be part Dark was due to another starter based on a similar thing already being part Dark. I believe what worried me was seeing a leak that claimed that it would become Grass/Dark, and that leak also claimed that gen9 is gonna introduce 100+ mons, which I think is impossible after many generations that didn't introduce many creatures. Regardless, I still stand by this thing becomming Grass/Fairy or Grass/Steel!

Back