• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprite annimation(Not such a noob question this time!)

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    So I've seen the BW Ultimate pack 7 by P-sign and I've tried using it, but I've noticed that the sprites are terribly positioned! Here's an example
    Problem.PNG

As you see the weedle is off completely and after re-adjusting the sprites in the Pokemon.txt because the editor crashes every 10 or so 'mons. When you battle the newly positioned sprites they look good but when they faint they tend to reappear just before the battle is over like so
    CFlaw.PNG

I've asked multiple people such as Atomic Reactor and Pokemaster12 from YouTube as well as posting it on the Wiki and no one seems to respond. If anyone could give me a hand here that'd be great!

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    Do you have any idea why it happens? and btw I like your battle hud! Do you mind telling me how you did yours?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Do you have any idea why it happens? and btw I like your battle hud! Do you mind telling me how you did yours?

It happens because the Essentials Battle System is not designed to be using those GIFs. It's as simple as that. Replacing sprites will not magically make it all work, especially if the sprites are not the same format, i.e. have different dimensions. The Pokemon positioning is off because you need to edit them in the Editor. The Editor crashes because GIFs are extremely large files to load, and using bitmap methods (in the code, used for static sprites) to load dynamic GIFs is not a good thing. The system gets overwhelmed and sometimes fails to initialize the bitmap. This can be sourced all the way back to RMXP is not natively compatible with GIFs. Your final problem most likely occours once more, due to the different format of the GIFs compared to the original sprites. Unless you want to manually edit every single GIF sprite to be exactly the same as its static counterpart, you'll have to do some code adjusting. And that is a whole different story, and a whole lot of different headaches.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2017
    I have just made them animating gif to static png files.But i could not know why this problem does not occur in pokemon essentials v12

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    I want to learn how to insert overworld sprites... Can anyone teach me?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    In rpg maker click tools then click material base, go to the characters side click import and import your 4x4 sprite sheet of the pokemon overworld you want to insert, then when you make an event just make sure you have that icon chosen!

P.S. I would really read up on the Wiki because It can answer pretty much all of your questions, I'm a beginner but it's really been helping me out!

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2017
    To fix Reappearing of pokemon enemy
    in PokeBattle_ActualScene line no 2661 there you will see
    pkmnsprite=@sprites["pokemon#{pkmn.index}"]
    In next line add
    pkmnsprite.visible=false
    sorry for bad english

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2015
    use this graphics