• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Sprite ID's for unused POKéMON data?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    Hello!

I was wondering, is there any known UNLZ-GBA Locations for the 25 "???????????" POKéMON in the Dex? I wanted to add my own in that data, was wondering.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Hello!

I was wondering, is there any known UNLZ-GBA Locations for the 25 "???????????" POKéMON in the Dex? I wanted to add my own in that data, was wondering.

I don't believe there is a literal 'image' for those question marks, but if you really want to try replacing them you could use the Advance Series program to replace them a lot easier. However, I'm 90% sure it isn't safe to replace those ?'s, it's better to just look up a tutorial on expanding the Pokédex.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    I don't believe there is a literal 'image' for those question marks, but if you really want to try replacing them you could use the Advance Series program to replace them a lot easier. However, I'm 90% sure it isn't safe to replace those ?'s, it's better to just look up a tutorial on expanding the Pokédex.
    Okay. I saw a tutorial showing it working fine, so I may just back it up and try it anyway, but expanding honestly sounds like a good idea, I'll try it, thanks!

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Okay. I saw a tutorial showing it working fine, so I may just back it up and try it anyway, but expanding honestly sounds like a good idea, I'll try it, thanks!

Ok, so I was wrong I guess, about the ??'s not being safe.. I still have a feeling that doing so will leave some sort of bad outcome, but if you wanna go for it, just use the Advance Series tool. But again, expanding the dex is the best option IMO.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Ok, so I was wrong I guess, about the ??'s not being safe.. I still have a feeling that doing so will leave some sort of bad outcome, but if you wanna go for it, just use the Advance Series tool. But again, expanding the dex is the best option IMO.
    I always thought inserting new Pokemon there is buggy because the game handles them in a different way but just changing the sprites is ok.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2015
    wait is there a tool that lets us add new pokemon? how do i add new pokemon over the deafault amount i never saw a tutorial on how.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2015
    Download Pokémon Game Editor (PGE) for a variety of options on editing the current Pokémon.
    where do i download this tool? normaly i can find things like this but when ever i look it up i get garbage websites like telling me if its a virus or it has what you say on google but when i goto the site it has garbage.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • where do i download this tool? normaly i can find things like this but when ever i look it up i get garbage websites like telling me if its a virus or it has what you say on google but when i goto the site it has garbage.

I will PM you a link, gimme a minute.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • I always thought inserting new Pokemon there is buggy because the game handles them in a different way but just changing the sprites is ok.

They're safe to use/edit. They are just filler Pokemon inbetween games which haven't been assigned.

Their sprite IDs would be 0xFC-0x114. They are also present in UNLZ iirc. Browse through the Pokemon between Celebi and Treeko. You should see them.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • They're safe to use/edit. They are just filler Pokemon inbetween games which haven't been assigned.

Their sprite IDs would be 0xFC-0x114. They are also present in UNLZ iirc. Browse through the Pokemon between Celebi and Treeko. You should see them.

FBI knows all.

I always thought they had some sort of other purpose besides fillers, guess I learned something new today..

Back