• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Sprite parts are transparent?

Years
  • I decided to create a few fakemon for my ROM hack and I encountered a problem in which the eyes of the sprite in-game are transparent.

The eye color isn't the same as the background color but it still deletes it. In the case of CUBURN it also deletes the inner ear and mouth and changes part of the ear to brown when it should be pink.

Sprite parts are transparent?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • What program are you using? I'd recommend Advanced Series for inserting sprites and then just make sure your sprite is 16-bit indexed and insert it via that program and shouldn't have any problems. Also I know some Pokemon could mess up the sprite like Spinda because they have the random spots on their bodies so be careful of that

Years
  • What program are you using? I'd recommend Advanced Series for inserting sprites and then just make sure your sprite is 16-bit indexed and insert it via that program and shouldn't have any problems. Also I know some Pokemon could mess up the sprite like Spinda because they have the random spots on their bodies so be careful of that

I tried it with the Advance Series and the results were better however they still aren't the same as the original image, here's what I mean.

Original:
    Spoiler:

One that I got when put into APSE:
    Spoiler:

( I enlarged the images so you could see them better, excuse the blurriness.)

Last edited:
    Back