• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Gofre's Recolour Thread

Hi all.
    Today I got bored and decided to try a sprite recolour. I think it's turned out pretty well, since I did it without any kind of tutorial and just had a go. I may do more depending on how this one is recieved. It's Charizard recoloured with kangaskhan's palette:

Spriters Showcase Thread

So yeah, let me know what you think. I will have a better background colour next time, should this one be deemed ok :)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Showcase threads require at least 4 examples. Off to the Spriters Showcase/Discussion thread.

merged

Oh ok sorry i didn't realise. Could you offer your opinion on it so I can decide whether or not it's worth doing another 3?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Oh ok sorry i didn't realise. Could you offer your opinion on it so I can decide whether or not it's worth doing another 3?
    Well seeing as you saved it as a jpg the sprite itself has been killed. However, I suppose that you were able to recolour it well enough; the purple fire is a nice touch.

my first *real* try on making a sprite.
    what could i make better the next time? plz help xD
    Well I think it looks really good, very different to what's usually seen around here. But you're using way too many colours for a sprite of that size, so try reducing them.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ok thanks, what format should it be saved in? The guides I've been reading since making it say nothing about it.

spittyfire

Sunny Boy
    Years
    Ok thanks, what format should it be saved in? The guides I've been reading since making it say nothing about it.

save it to a .gif or .bmp if you use paint.

ok guys im done with my 2nd one^^
    i think it turned out better than my first try..
    imo its very difficult to get the proportions right. using a mouse to draw is not that easy :3
    anyways! this is also a creature out of my monster collection , its a rock/dark type i call it Greagolos xD

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

that is a really good sprite.

btw. the best format to save it in is .png

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Your sprites are amazing! 10/10!
    Everything is perfect and the monster looks kinda scary..
    Maybe it needs a hug.
    :]

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Hmm... I think it needs some improvement. The outlining needs some more work - the black pixels on the ends of each line look really strange. I think it would look better if you switched the black and the normal outline colour, or just changed the colour of the ends of the lines. Also, the shading is a bit off. The first sprite appears to have multiple light sources, especially on the head.

Otherwise, those are some good sprites :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    It's pretty hard to rate this sprite because the image isn't very clear.. But from what I can see, it looks pretty good but, pretty basic...

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    Work on the tentacles. The body is great, but the tentacles seem a little fat and out of place. A little bulgy and whatnot, not exactly what they're supposed to look like (I suppose.)

They're more of a thin papery tentacle I think, rather than a fat octopus limb with little suckers on it.

Years
    Huh ? arn't they tentacles ? i thought they where suposed to be like that, aahw it hard to make it without a good picture of it :P anyway thanks for the Rate!

Edit:i just saw a trailer of him, and there not really thin and papery, i think the way i did it isn't that wrong, i'll wait for other comment, if more people agree with you, then i will change it haha =D

Last edited:

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
    Veng's Tiles

Don't expect many from me, I've only just started :P

Apricot tree re-vamp
    Spriters Showcase Thread

(BMP form, if any one can explain to me how to save it in better quality that would be great)
    Use it if you like, if you can get it in decent quality :/

Thats all for now. Expect a few G/S/C re-makes for my hack^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Sorry, you'll need to post at least 4 examples of your work to have your own thread. As for this one, it shall be ...

merged

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back