• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Guess I can finally get around to posting this work. While I intended it to be within Pokemon graphical rules, I don't think I've got it wholesomely right. I mean, I really like this one, but I'm not entirely confident in it. See for yourself.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Aviamond/Squagar; Diamond bird.
    The reason it looks familiar because I referenced to Ho-oh quite a bit while making the view, and basicly took parts of some Pokemon pallete to be able to do this. Nothing is an edit (Except the Shiny.. It's an edit from Aviamond. =P), I'm serious.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Lol i like yournicetree! You did a pretty nice job on it, and i like how it's shaped, although i think it's maybe too dark. Don't take this seriously and change every color to a brighter one,(bright tiles look ugly imo)altogether nice job!

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    :( Nobody commented on my post earlier...

I've just started spriting.. I had some help from a friend on the Ponyta and Absol, and from there I just went on my own. I realize on a couple the outlines are weird, but no matter what I try, when I open a pic from the internet onto my computer, it ends up with a black wallpaper (like everything around it is black) and it sometimes is the same color as parts of the outline. Well, here they are:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    They are pretty nice, I like that absol, although in some bits it looks like the shadow has just been cut off. Try and make it fade into the background. The Dialga one is good too, because the use of more colours is nice. But i think the mew's eye needs to be blank. Good work, Dragonfyre!

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    So I finised the sprite I was working on. I think it turned out well, tell me what you think about it. Also can you help me chose the best color scheme for this little guy.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Please and Thank you,
    Minorthreat

Atomic Reactor

the far right looks like it would look them ost like a... reptile or whatever it is lol.
    but for pokemon i wanna say the far left is the best one.

Years
    So I finised the sprite I was working on. I think it turned out well, tell me what you think about it. Also can you help me chose the best color scheme for this little guy.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Please and Thank you,
    Minorthreat

The one on the right is the best.
    I like that colour, those other too are abit too bright.
    And his tail doesn't connect to his body, it looks abit weird.
    But the sprite is good enough for a game project!
    Keep it up =D

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    The one on the right is the best.
    I like that colour, those other too are abit too bright.
    And his tail doesn't connect to his body, it looks abit weird.
    But the sprite is good enough for a game project!
    Keep it up =D

Any tips on how to make his tail look like it connects to his body properly?

Thank you, I was thinking the right one myself I just wanted to see what some other people thought.

Momoko

Years
    Alrite here we go.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    ^^^ left one is mine
    uhh...yeah i used one of gridirons sprite colors 4 this. Anyways im quite new to revamping, and there are also SOME SCRATCHED PARTS. What do u think? should i make more?

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    Alrite here we go.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    ^^^ left one is mine
    uhh...yeah i used one of gridirons sprite colors 4 this. Anyways im quite new to revamping, and there are also SOME SCRATCHED PARTS. What do u think? should i make more?

fantastic :3 love the pose!
    but are the shorts too tight?
    make more! theyre very very nice trainer sprites! good to hear theres some scratch too !! :3~

Momoko

Years
    THANX! I guess I'll have to make more now, since my hax is based on johto >_>[/S]

Anyways i've edited Gold, maybe ill post it later. I added some more shading,a little bit more lighting and fixed the ugly backpack. I will post it and more later. thx

Years
    not min but by involuntary twitch from pmf
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    I persomally like this one

It has an awsome pose.
    but i think his green hair needs more shading, it's already good but not much of shading as been added.
    Also is his hair suposed to be that spikey? i thought it should be abit fluffy =p
    I'll be posting mine soon.
    Anyway nice work for the person who made it =)

Zorin

Pixies Dance
    Years
    That's Diamond/Pearl spriting style, Crossel. DP style doesn't use that almost pillowshaded kind of shading (which most fakemon spriters to use), although most people seem to like it.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    I guess now we'll have to call it DPP style. Not as catchy as RSE or RBY or GSE, but it'll do.

@Momoko; The right side of his arm has something sticking out that bothers me. And I'm not a big fan of the tiny glimpses of the backpack. It seems a little cluttered over there :]

Years
    That's Diamond/Pearl spriting style, Crossel. DP style doesn't use that almost pillowshaded kind of shading (which most fakemon spriters to use), although most people seem to like it.

since d/p came, i got confused. =O
    I like the old style of shading. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back