• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Showcase threads require at least 4 examples, so this will be moved to the Spriters Showcase/Discussion thread. I've also deleted your other thread.

merged

[HoN] Jereziah

Till DEATH do us part!
    Years
  • Yugi Sprite....
    Please ask permission if u want to use...
    Big eyed
    Spriters Showcase Thread

or
    small eyed
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Kingdra

*-_Pokémon Larimar_-*
    Years
  • I've made a sprite from a picture of a Kingdra I found on Deviantart. Please rate it.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Don't use it without my permission!

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years
  • I made a second bunch of scratch sprites =)
    They're basically just fire+fire/steel type starter pokemon that I made up

Spriters Showcase Thread

Dont use 'em without permission, thanks...(not that you would want to use them =P)

Comments and criticism are much appreciated
    Thanks =)

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
  • I made a second bunch of scratch sprites =)
    They're basically just fire+fire/steel type starter pokemon that I made up

Spriters Showcase Thread

Dont use 'em without permission, thanks...(not that you would want to use them =P)

Comments and criticism are much appreciated
    Thanks =)

Don't be puttin yourself down like that man!
    You should've seen my first sratch pokemon! They would give you nightmares!
    Really they're pretty good actually!
    I got a tip for you though: Think in basic shapes. Don't think "I'm drawing a snake." think "I'm drawing cilinders with spheres attached to them." (Well kind of). Try to shade your sprites as if it's only made out of basic shapes. This really helps with light sources.
    This is an interesting tutorial that shows you more about it:
    https://www.gfxartist.com/actions/go.php?ID=97

Last edited:

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years
  • Don't be puttin yourself down like that man!
    You should've seen my first sratch pokemon! They would give you nightmares!
    Really they're pretty good actually!
    I got a tip for you though: Think in basic shapes. Don't think "I'm drawing a snake." think "I'm drawing cilinders with spheres attached to them." (Well kind of). Try to shade your sprites as if it's only made out of basic shapes. This really helps with light sources.
    This is an interesting tutorial that shows you more about it:
    https://www.gfxartist.com/actions/go.php?ID=97

Oh wow! Thanks a bunch!
    I'll try that tutorial out now, it should help me alot!

Thanks again :)

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Why is there a poll in the spriters showcase, what is it even for?
    Moreso, who put it there?

Anyways;

@pacman6; Make sure you recolor in shades. Match up highlights with highlights base with base, and shadows with shadows :]

@swampert trainer; use colors from another Pokemon sprite, not paint default colors, see how bright it is now, using actual colors from other Pokemon makes it much more aesthetically pleasing.

@img23; Save as .png. Just do it. Then you need to work on proportions and shading. No one has a forehead that big, and nor does anyone simply not reflect light.

Atomic Reactor

I think the poll is just from moving a thread into here(the poll came along with it)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • I made a Jumpliuff Pixel art of the original one from the Anime. I know it's backwards, but oh well

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

It's my first Drawing, so be nice :P. And Please rate

Atomic Reactor

All i have to say is that it's to bright XD
    maybe it;s just me idk.
    Add more detail in those puff ball things.
    and save it in PNG

Years
  • I made a Jumpliuff Pixel art of the original one from the Anime. I know it's backwards, but oh well

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

It's my first Drawing, so be nice :P. And Please rate

As you can see, his colours arn't the same as the original picture, it's to bright.
    Also you just made circels with paint's circel maker thingy =p never use paint's basic stuff.
    His shading is to dark compared to the other colour, and you forgot to add the outline.
    Change his puff things abit, so they look rounder and add detail to them.
    But for your first one it's pretty nice, try to adjust it alil bit and post it again =)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Why is there a poll in the spriters showcase, what is it even for?
    Moreso, who put it there?
    Yeah, it's from a thread merge. I remember doing it once before and the poll went away in time, but I dunno, maybe I asked someone to remove it for me then.
    As you can see, his colours arn't the same as the original picture, it's to bright.
    Also you just made circels with paint's circel maker thingy =p never use paint's basic stuff.
    His shading is to dark compared to the other colour, and you forgot to add the outline.
    Change his puff things abit, so they look rounder and add detail to them.
    But for your first one it's pretty nice, try to adjust it alil bit and post it again =)
    Well you can use the tools provided in MSPaint, but only as a starting point. You should always fix it up yourself afterwards to make it smoother.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    I love the poses on the Yellow sprites, so I've decided to revamp them all...starting with Bulbasaur.

Spriters Showcase Thread

I was too lazy to do a white-be-gone. :P

Years
  • It's pretty nice.
    But his shading looks wrong, you also need to add some black outline.
    Add the black outline where the darkest shading is.

Made another trainer sprite.
    This time it's the character Emerald everyone forgot about him, so i sprited this one.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Can i get some critisism for this sprite ?

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

Yeah so recently I decided I wanted to try and learn how to sprite in the R/B style. This is my first attempt at it and i'd like some criticism, don't hold back I really want to get the style down. I just made it larger so you could see it better. Also I need suggestions on the hands because they suck.

C&C please.

Years
  • Well your idea is nice, but you need to learn to place his shape in a good form.
    His arms are bending like rubber, it makes it look weird, and his legs need more detail, you only used dither.
    And his hands are kinda weird, but i dont blame you, hands are really difficult to learn, only advise i can give you is: try to pixel the hand carefully, you can watch other sprites hands to learn the details.

Anyway I repost my sprite of yesterday again, and a new one I just made.
    Again this trainer is called Emerald =)

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Can i get some criticicm these sprites ? =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back