• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
    Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    no way..i saved it as a png file..
    it might be because i took the jpeg file and saved as=png...
    ill remake it tonight.. but the overworlds are good, right?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    They could probably do with a lil more shading to be honest, but you're getting there.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    No, sorry, I'm no good at Pokemon sprites anymore so i can;t make them for you either D:

Well...I could try.

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    muahaha... i have remade shadow.. and he looks better ten fold the original, here he is:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    That's a lot better! Shading could be better, and anatomy on the metal arm is a little bulged out, but hey, keep working on it and it';ll be perfect.

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    alright, thanks.. can you give me some pointers? as you can tell im not so good at shading or proportions

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Use a wider range of colours, I could probably make a palette for you, shading wise you should study the official sprites, for the metal arm, I'll fix that up for you when i get time.

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    cool man, thanks a load for your help. yeah that pallet would be appreciated and whenever you have time you can work on the arm.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Don't mention it, you have the right attitude to become a great spriter, i don't mind taking the time to make sure that it happens.
    Anyways I remade the whole thing, infact, only the head and hand aren't scratch on this one.

The Lineart.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I want you to fill this in :p

And finally, i decided to make use of the line art I made,
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I'll work on a palette for you tonight.

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    woah.. like how should i fill that in? this is where i get confused.. :P
    and that sprite looks amazing, just one thing, i was thinking a black overcoat.(grey-ish) but everything else looks cool..

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    By filling in I mean get yourself a palette, then do your base colour, mid tone and highlight etc. The fundamentals of scratch, or infact any serious spriting so to speak.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Those need to be recoloured black, it;s easier to draw the outline in different colours.

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    ok.. i think i get it now.. gimme a night or so.. ill post the finished sprite tomorrow
    anyways, you got any other good pointers for me? i wanna be an amazing spriter like you.. its like my goal in life :P
    lol

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Make more than one version of every sprite, you need to test palettes, shading styles etc. You should also think outside the box, avoid using really vibrant eye stinging colours at all times.

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    alright, scratch that last post.. i just did it in the last two hours.. i hink its pretty decent, and i have the pallet next to him for reference.. i also kind of restored the lineart you made, some parts were flat and out of porportion, but nothing huge.. it was just small stuff.. well, heres shadow:

Spriters Showcase Thread

now the final test, kaku.. your verdict?

:P

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Hmmm, in some areas you've added a double light source, which is a no. Although I do see a vast improvement, work on your dithering a little, make it less linear. Then try and make your shading rounder, smoother infact. You're definitely getting there.

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    nick, nobody cares about what you think of the legs. it's not that big of deal. plus i'd love to see you come up with something better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back