• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    They're saved as .jpeg, and you can tell you've never done this before.
    You should try recolors before going back to revamps. All you really did was recolor and delete some dithering+add some beginner's shading.

For your fusion, it's nothing out of the ordinary. It's a Lickitung head pasted on a Kangashkan's body and recolored. Whoo. And then you pasted Kanashkan's body over the tail. Whoo.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Oh okay...did you have to be so negative...? Got any tips, any bits you liked? BTW i had to get the lickytungs tail then extend it because it wasn't big enough.

I think i saved them as a bitmap/BMP and what's the difference between a revamp and a recolour?(exept the fact that it's old with new colours)

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Spriters Showcase Thread

The infamous Guy Cecil of Tales of the Abyss in TotW:3 style. It was just an edit of Leon Magnus. It's my first time working with ToTW style so I took it easy.

[NovaPirate]

Years
    @Jake-tastical: I don't really work with ToTW but it looks rather spiffy ^.^ Good job.
    @Supersyther: With revamps you have to add shading, along with sometimes deleting it. With recolors all you do is.. recolor.

Saving as a BMP or Jpeg is bad. No matter what. No buts.
    I suggested you try recoloring first, thats a tip. I didn't like any of it. Simple things like that aren't to my taste.
    So you extended the tail a couple of pixels. Whoo?
    And I'm not BEING negative, I AM negative. Meaning that no matter how nice I sound, I'll sound negative anyways. I was being rather nice as well.
    Didn't insult you directly ONCE. I just had a twinge of sarcasm >.<

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    Spriters Showcase Thread

ummmmm... first pixel stuff ive done in a long time now >.<
    yes. very bad i know...
    so.... just seein what you guys reckon.. scene as i can't start a thread with just this.
    btw. i know the lineart isnt haded yet.... i havent sorted the colours out properly either yet.
    its just to ask some opinions so far.... >.>'

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u277/TrentJayir/dragonites.png
    yes. very bad i know...
    so.... just seein what you guys reckon.. scene as i can't start a thread with just this.
    btw. i know the lineart isnt haded yet.... i havent sorted the colours out properly either yet.

Hey, that's good. The only thing that bugs me is the scratchy outline (It's not every where though. Mostly on the Dragonite's left). Also, there is it's right horn. If you compare it to the left, you can some major differences. Other than that, I like it. ^^

xxTragicNightmare

xTragic's Page
    Years
    https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u277/TrentJayir/dragonites.png
    yes. very bad i know...

wow this is awesome!!!!

Spriters Showcase Thread

This is my FIRST! Pixel art thing it is a over shaded pixel sprite, it isn't very...as i said it is my FIRST haha! anyways i wouls REALLY appriciate comments/critics

xxTragicNightmare

xTragic's Page
    Years
    Oh okay...did you have to be so negative...? Got any tips, any bits you liked? BTW i had to get the lickytungs tail then extend it because it wasn't big enough.

I think i saved them as a bitmap/BMP and what's the difference between a revamp and a recolour?(exept the fact that it's old with new colours)

HAHA seriously! he said it was basicaly first! give him a break, i thought the ho-oh and morph was were pretty good!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Merged cause it didn't meet thread requirements.

Gosh I am way too tired for this now XD; AoT, try and be a little less harsh.

Maz, I would love to see that piece of yours finished. I suppose the lineart could use some working on, but it still looks great.

Last edited:

[NovaPirate]

Years
    I'm thinking of ways to say things like that less harshly.

Not working out so well.. I mean, some of these sprites are.. yeah.. And I fell the urge to flame but I know I can't.. Oh well.. I should take like.. nice lessons?
    Sorry though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    hehehe don't worry too much about it. Harsh sounding crit is easier to achieve then something that is neutral. Just ... I dunno. Try and use less emotive words ^^;

The good thing is that you can crit, which I'm sure is appreciated ^^

[NovaPirate]

Years
    I'm not sure though >.<

Seems like most of our advanced spriters have fled.. *sob*
    Samson's all but disappeared, I'm not sure about Maxxa, Silon's gone, Maz is back, and Matt says he's back, but I'm not sure. You don't showcase as much since you became a MOD.

So I try to help out.. Crit's the best way, I can't sprite anymore, I don't have a muse >.<

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    heh, but we have all these newbies, and so your crits are good for encouraging them. People wax and wane in their interests, myself included. I've been busy as of late, so I haven't even been commenting as much as I'd like too. I don'tthink I was all that prolific a showcaser, but I get discouraged by a lack of comments, as would anyone naturally ^^;

But heck, why not?!
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Made this a couple of weeks ago for a friend, it's the main male trainer from Battle Revolution. It's mostly a recolour, but there are some scratch elements.

Actually, looking at it now, that fist looks really awkward D:

Ahh, that happens too me as well, as to everyone I reckon. Or I just get lazy, same difference :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    Spriters Showcase Thread

i made revamp.

Amachi: Remember, there's a 25 character, 4 word requirement ^^

And since I'm here, I might as well say that it might as well be regarded as a scratch considering how much editing you did to it. Good work.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    lunolf an old fakemon that i made a year ago. also i made this scratch of it
    Spriters Showcase Thread

but its very bad
    i today finally finished my redesign of it
    Spriters Showcase Thread

mostly scratch i used the outline of medichams arms custom shading and scratch everything else
    its a lunar wolf legendary that resides in moonlit cavern which is filled with lunatone
    comments?
    and a darkrai pixel art
    Spriters Showcase Thread

EDIT:
    made pixel art of lunolf
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    Amachi in my post said:
    Amachi: Remember, there's a 25 character, 4 word requirement ^^

And since I'm here, I might as well say that it might as well be regarded as a scratch considering how much editing you did to it. Good work.

Oops, sorry I forgot that. And yes this revamp is almost full scratch, but still I used the base of Green's Psyduck. And it's the same pose. (I wonder, were the spriters of Pokemon Green drunken or didn't they get paid enough? I must be something like that, the sprites of Green are sooooo bad.)
    I'm going to revamp this one now:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Seriously, why did Ninteno ever accept these sprites XD.
    @maxxa, I like the new version. :] Dark/Fight?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back