• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Two things, since I feel like it.

Old fake pokemon of mine that's actually been sitting on my hard drive for a while...as far as I recall, it's a ground/dark type, inspired a bit by earthworms (and dragons; the evolution of this was a ground/dragon type).

I made this earlier as part of a parody of something, but since I realized that maybe only one person in this subforum would actually get the joke...well, here's just a puffin.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

Any comments on my trainer. He is Alex, and is for my friend.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • @Cowrie: *Begins bowing*
    The earth worm Pokemon is well executed, and the tail doesn't look like a smiley blob. It's actually kind of cute *Huggles earthworm mon*

The puffin would be better viewed on a light background, but I'm to lazy to change my skin, so I can't give good crit.

@Thunda: Looks very purdy to me. *Steals sprite and runs away*

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    Newest Sprites

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

What do you think? I made the small one first and decided it was to small so I make it bigger.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    They're good, the designs great, and shadings pretty good. But you need 4 examples of work in a thread.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2007
    Some Sprites of mines and some of Concorde

Well I thought Concorde was an awesome fakepokemon spriter so he made me this:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

I give him all credit for it. That pokemon will be the Ultimate legendary in my first hack. In this hack u can catch all legendary pokes including Arceus, Drakrai, and Shaymin too. Now here is my first recolor and first pokeball makeover! O and sorry for the blank space i dont know how to fix it...If u do plz pm me!
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Oh and im looking for other fakepokemon! So PM me if u want to help me on my hack. Rite now im making starters, one is psychic, one is dark, and other is fighting so yea but im also looking for other fakepokemon. And if u are making fakepokemon then 1 Evolution is needed and for starter 2 Evos plz. So thank you all my hack will be ready in a loooooooong time but help is appreciated thank you!@

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    The threads have been merged into this one as they did not meet PA thread requirements of four examples of work.

Jelo, you're only supposed to post your own work, not the work of others. Such actions can be considered as sprite theft :<

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2007
    Anyways this is 3 Overworld Shinyes for my hack: Dialga, Magikarp and Drifloon i got the Originals from Spriters resource then edited so here they are
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like how the shiny recolors form the Overworld look, but you could have done a better work whit the magikarp:

here its a Recolor of a Dugtrio that I did:

Spriters Showcase Thread

The rocks under him look werid, but I like it

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2007
    Here is my first fuzion!
    Spriters Showcase Thread

and Some others Recolors
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
  • Here is my first fuzion!
    Spriters Showcase Thread

and Some others Recolors
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    NOES! It's a JPG!
    Nevar save any pixel/sprite work as jpg! Png/gif all the way.
    JPG ruins the quality of your sprite, making it un usable and less good looking.

EDIT: Did you save as BMP and upload it into photobucket? Photobucket converts bmp to JPG.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • I haven't touched a sprite in a long time. So I did a bit of a fusion/scratch. Zangoose, and you can easliy guess the other. Crits?
    Spriters Showcase Thread

@Jason22 Never save as BMP. before you upload it, it mau change to JPG. which conincidently is what happend to you my friend, It blurs the sprite and it makes it look terrible. ALways save as PNG. If you don't know how just go to the drop down menu when you save, it will have BMP. already selected. CLick on that and PNG. will be on the list towards the bottom. But your recolors aren't bad, but hey they are easy. The FLying Squitle could have been put togehter a bit smoother but nice outcome anyway, and cool idea.

@Jelo meh. fusion and recolors. Easiest to do. They aren't bad. But I take it you are a beginnner yes? If so you have some good ideas, but try to mix ones that are easier in the beginning. Yours are fine but the golem aero isn't the best. He has his right hand forward but the right wing is back. If he is pushing that arm forward the wing should follow, but since it was two different posistion with the pokemon the depth is going crazy. Try to get everything to match./ Again nice job though. Execution wasn't bad, idea was good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back