• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorin

Pixies Dance
Years
  • I made a new scratch too.
    firebeestqb1.png

He's Fire/Psychic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I made a new scratch too.
    firebeestqb1.png

He's Fire/Psychic.

I like the shading and colours used on this sprite. The pattern on the legs look cool but I don't really understand the bulb thing on the back... Also, the fron't legs should look more like the hind legs (it needs claw). Also, I think it could look pretty good standing on it's hind legs.

Zorin

Pixies Dance
    Years
  • I like the shading and colours used on this sprite. The pattern on the legs look cool but I don't really understand the bulb thing on the back... Also, the fron't legs should look more like the hind legs (it needs claw). Also, I think it could look pretty good standing on it's hind legs.
    The thing on it's back is like a volcano.
    I gave him claws:
    firebeestmo7.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I gave him claws:
    firebeestlx2.png
    [/quote]

It looks great now, more realistic. This is only a suggestion, but how about a pre-evolution or evolution? I think it would suit it well.

profilepic70891_5.gif

I kinda revise this so give it a comment!

The blue part of his hair and hand, also the ball, have very neon like colours and little shading to give them shape. Also, the eye thing looks weird...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Could someone please comment on my Bulbasaur revamp? I'm fairly new at this, and tips are more than welcome.

silvbulbasaurrev.gif

This is amazing! I love everything about this revamp! The shading is good, the outline colours are good, everything is good! Even though your new your pixel artwork seems proffesional to me.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Ummm, I am not the best spriter but I made this, please comment and rate. Its meant to be like a chaser kind-of trainer. hope you like it.
    chaserox7.png

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • chaserdn3.png

Yep, its the same as my last one except made a female version and a dark ball which I made as I got bored lol.
    Rate and comment please. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2017
    chaserdn3.png

Yep, its the same as my last one except made a female version and a dark ball which I made as I got bored lol.
    Rate and comment please. :)

Making the background black makes it quite difficult to rate, because we have no idea about the outline..well but they look quite good, the male one looks better but the hat or hoodie or however you wanna call it looks unnatural as the bottom line is straight

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • It's weird. Now I got vista whenever I get a sprite of pe2k it has a black background. Anyway, whenever I try to fill the background with white it deletes some parts of the sprite. Anyway, i tried my best to sort the sprite:
    chaserxe3.png

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • ok there a couple of things wrong with this sprite, one how is the highlight of the bandanas facing away from the light source of the rest of the sprite, two never ever mix different generations, it doesnt look good, and finally dont use pe2k sprites, use spriters resource, they dont usually have tranceparencies(thats why it has black all around it)...woah, that was a fun c&c...lol

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Actually, I use pe2k sprites, it's handier than having to push through a pile of rubbish sprites. Use print screen on all the sprites you need (usually they fit in one click) and then get rid of the eggshell white. Then your good to go and with black outlines!

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • It's weird. Now I got vista whenever I get a sprite of pe2k it has a black background. Anyway, whenever I try to fill the background with white it deletes some parts of the sprite. Anyway, i tried my best to sort the sprite:
    chaserxe3.png

It happens on XP too. Just screenshot the sprite when it's in the white webpage, then open in paint =P

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • ok one the girl needs extreme shading work, and dont use white to shade black, use grays, also the other sprite is just a recolor as far as i see so good job i guess

Thank you Burst Ninja. This is my first time doing a leather-clad sprite so I didn't know whether or not to make it super-shiny or not.

Also, I've got a new sprite made for a hack I'm involved in. I've decided to almmost completely start over on it, as completely scratching sprites isn't working so well. This one is sort of a fusion (using steven's pose and a rocket's appearance/head). I'm not quite ready to shade it just yet, so can you guys give me a crit on anatomy and the pose?

neorocket5cf9.png

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2017
    The breast is very pale, you have made one arm with the glove, the other one doesnt have this glove, besides the lightsource is completly wrong, it should come from left, up and it does on the had, because you took it from the original spirte but not on the body...

the whole breast has NO shading at all

here a revamp, i made today:
    farfetchd.png

Last edited:

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • The breast is very pale, you have made one arm with the glove, the other one doesnt have this glove, besides the lightsource is completly wrong, it should come from left, up and it does on the had, because you took it from the original spirte but not on the body...

the whole breast has NO shading at all

here a revamp, i made today:
    farfetchd.png

Well, like I said, I was afraid to touch the shading and lighting because I figured I might end up mucking something decent up. I intend to work on that shortly.

But you do think the positioning looks decent though, right? I wanna make sure I have at least that down before I hit the coloring job.

Atomic Reactor

this is my very first attempt at a scratch pixel art. any criticism will probably help me improve =)
    kid-scratch.png

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back