• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    In the future, if you want to ask any questions about pixel art and spriting, please leave them in the Spriters Showcase/Discussion thread.

merged

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • My first pixel over:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread
    The left is my own Fakemon. Steel/Ghost type ( used mewtwo's FR LG sprite head an filped it. The right is a flaming Gastly.

Edit: How do I get it to show? It was there before it got posted. Now its an X.

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • yeah My pixel over redone with small changes and custom colours:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I personally like this one more, its more like the official art and anime art and stuff. Ingame colours for most pokes ae just crap...

Latest pixel over-
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Custom greens, sprite belly and eyes, etc. Not too good, OK...

Last edited:

Metamence

Years
  • Blazers08: I don't like the outlines on Venusaur's flower, try to make it dark red/green to make it blend in more.I don't like the lighter hue of green on the foreleg, and backleg (whatever it is). I'd make it darker.. All/most of your revamps still have their "old" outlines, such as the black is a lighter shade(#202020), and there is a darker shade of black(#000000)
    I personally don't like the Growlithe one as the right foreleg has a weird coloring of black..
    The tongue doesn't appeal to me as it still has it's original coloring/it still has the old colors, try to change this to a more vibrant red..and try to shade it in..and I don't like the black in it IMHO
    The left tooth isn't white which makes it look like fur..

And for most of these: try to scratch something if it doesn't look right...

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Here's some revamps i did.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Sorry, those are only recolors. Revamps require that you fix the shading as well, and I very little indication of that being done on any of these sprites.

Oh, and, an edit, I've been messing around with shading and stuff. I know the eyes are awful on this sprite, but I was being lazy. (And I'm just experimenting... I'm not going to use this for anything).
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I know it's got some dithering, but at least it's not as bad as my first two. I know it's got flaws, too, but I'm trying to get better at shading before I try to perfect my anatomy skills. (Or adequate-ize, whichever you prefer)

Years
  • yeah My pixel over redone with small changes and custom colours:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I personally like this one more, its more like the official art and anime art and stuff. Ingame colours for most pokes ae just crap...

Latest pixel over-
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Custom greens, sprite belly and eyes, etc. Not too good, OK...
    I have to say, that as far as pixel-overs go, that Flareon is really well done, imo. I find that too many pixel-overs that people do just have some sort of weird...fake quality to them, I can't explain it. Like even if the pose wasn't recognizable, it'd be obvious it was a pixel over. The Flareon actually has the same feel as a normal scratch sprite, however. The only part that bugs me is the outlining on the back edge of the mane. I think that the red part alongside it is too heavily anti-aliased, and might look better with just one or tow pixels of the darker color at each 'corner'. Either that or, if you want it too look like the mane is casting a slight shadow on the body, widen the line of darker red pixels.

The Treecko is nice, not quite as good, but I think it is mostly because of the eye, the outlining, and the palette choice on the neon greens.

But yeah, nice job overall.

~Chibi~

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • Wow, thanks a lot for that detailed CC. Appreciate it.
    On flareon, I was trying to show a slight shadow, I guess i should have made it more wide.
    Treecko I hate since I COULD NOT EVER get the right colours, the sprte colours were all messed up with very diff hues between shades.
    I guess I should remove every trace of it from my life XD

K, new sprite
    Spriters Showcase Thread

OK I DID NOT STEAL THIS FROM YAMI RYU OF SPPF!
    Around 30% scratch. I quite like it <3 Credit to Yami Ryu from SPPF for idea.

I cant believe I didnt share this one with you guys:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Sprite colours.
    I made this before Treecko btw.

Forgot about this
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Gold Slowpoke revamped. Took me ages to do, especially the outline seeing it has 3 outline colours

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think she means it's blocky and squared looking. Specifically on the head.

Spriters Showcase Thread

The shading and outining is very odd is several places. There are many places, like the ones I pointed out, that are too light and really don't make any sense considering your light sources. Also, you may want to take into consideration the fire as a minor light source?

Years
  • Made an revamp, haven't been doing those for a long time.
    It's an revamp of Feraligatr Pkmn Crystal.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I kinda rushed the sprite.
    Any C&C would be appreciated.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • I think she means it's blocky and squared looking. Specifically on the head.

Spriters Showcase Thread

The shading and outining is very odd is several places. There are many places, like the ones I pointed out, that are too light and really don't make any sense considering your light sources. Also, you may want to take into consideration the fire as a minor light source?

Not to mention the brown used to show the curls in the fur is a little too dark, at least in my opinion. It shows a little too much emphasis on the curls :S

Years
  • Ok thanks guys. Well i decided to try it out on once again, Nytkoi's: Pokemon Moonlight; Aquard.
    I was not to please by this one but i did try.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back