• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
  • *takes deep breath*

1. Never use main paint pallete for (re)coloring! Some people will get trouble looking at it like their eyes are burning from that bright colors..

2. It doesn't have any shading on it, that makes it look flat.

3. It doesn't have outlines. Outlines are important for sprites, remember that.

Good relief, he saved as PNG o,o''

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    i worked hard on this so here it is

It needs a lot of work, that's for sure.

You removed the outline, you should never do this, you also removed the shading. It looks really bland. Try again using official colours and a bit more accuracy with the flood fill tool.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • So, I haven't sprited for a while and I decided to jump right back in with scratching, which I'd only tried once before. The result is:

Spriters Showcase Thread

The grass starter fakemon.

Yes, I know they're godawful, so PLEASE help me D:

Seeing as everyone COMPLETELY FRICKING IGNORED ME ast time, self quote XD

help me pliz?

Dooquadalittle

Call me D-Q or D-Quad.
    Years
  • Seeing as everyone COMPLETELY FRICKING IGNORED ME ast time, self quote XD

help me pliz?
    They're quite good, auctually. Though it's a little hard to see the similarity beetween evos. Also the concept is... odd, to say the least. They're supposed to be grass eyeballs, right? That concept to me is... rather unappealing. But the spriting itself is exellent. Maybe if you put veins in the eyes to make them bloodshot...

Years
  • Seeing as everyone COMPLETELY FRICKING IGNORED ME ast time, self quote XD

help me pliz?

They could use a little work. The outlines are rough, and use a little bit too much black. Some of your shading doesn't really make sense. For example, on the first one: the eyelid seems to have the light source being directly in front of it, while on the rest of it, the light source is above. The whites of the eyes are too white. They need some light gray shading. Like has been said, the second one looks like a little man with a jumprope.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Spriters Showcase Thread

shazam

wip for the share the love thread, it's for amachi, I'm going for a classic beat 'em up look, thoughts?

Adam_148

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Adam's Scratch Trainer Sprite

OK, yesterday I decided to attempt to scratch a trainer sprite, making it my first attempt at doing so. I already posted this on the Acanthite forums, but I wanted to show you lot at PC as well.

Here it is, without and without Snag Machine:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

If you have any suggestions on how this could be improved on, or even a suggestion of what I should do next, then feel free to make said suggestions.

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • These are very good especially for scratches. The only thing I can see that could possibly improve them would be to make a dark blue/black outline where the pants meet the shoes so they don't look attached.

Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

shazam

wip for the share the love thread, it's for amachi, I'm going for a classic beat 'em up look, thoughts?

Hm.. interesting. I honestly have no clue what's going on, though. Shooting some strange cotton candy monsters who have glass jars filled with strange blue liquid as heads? Not that that wouldn't be awesome, but.. care to explain? XD

I like the simplistic style, as well as the color choices. They're just right. Not too dull, not too bright. The only thing that kinda bugs me is the white sky, but I'm assuming that's just temporary. And.. maybe that building outlined in lime green.

Also, maybe lighten the blue boxes up top? It's a little hard to see the text/guns.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Hm.. interesting. I honestly have no clue what's going on, though. Shooting some strange cotton candy monsters who have glass jars filled with strange blue liquid as heads? Not that that wouldn't be awesome, but.. care to explain? XD

I like the simplistic style, as well as the color choices. They're just right. Not too dull, not too bright. The only thing that kinda bugs me is the white sky, but I'm assuming that's just temporary. And.. maybe that building outlined in lime green.

Also, maybe lighten the blue boxes up top? It's a little hard to see the text/guns.

They da recolour monsters ;]

I cant decide on a sky yet ahahaha, any ideas?

And all green outlines are just temp. Infact heres a more up to date version!

Spriters Showcase Thread

Jmanski141

i herd u leik mudkipz
    Years
  • it still gets the same answer from me... "??????What the hell??????" but now it loooks better,

ps What about my sprite "enlagment"? has anyone seen it?

Years
  • They da recolour monsters ;]

I cant decide on a sky yet ahahaha, any ideas?

And all green outlines are just temp. Infact heres a more up to date version!

Spriters Showcase Thread

I like it. For the sky, how about a paint bucket turning it red? lol.

Obviously, it is still a WIP, but it is quite good. The windows could use a bit of work, though. Right now, they look like pieces of fabric. Try making the broken parts look a little chunkier; use some more diagonals. Matt's head (moreso is mouth) look a little odd. You could try making it a rectangle rather than an arc. The smoke is also in need of some help. Smoke usually rises like a triangle with its base at the top, so try to make the base of the smake smaller than the top. Right now, it kind of looks like some horrid gray liquid is coming out of the buildings rather than smoke. As already mentioned, the interface could use a little tweaking. Just an additional comment on that: Instead of using Ray's and Matt's faces as they appear on the sprites at double the size, try making some portraits that actually fit the style.

Overall, though, its's coming along quite well.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    it still gets the same answer from me... "??????What the hell??????" but now it loooks better,
    Wow, you are totally helpful, great to see you read the rules. [/sarcasm]
    Christ if i wanted a useless reply I'd of posted in TCTI

I like it. For the sky, how about a paint bucket turning it red? lol.

Obviously, it is still a WIP, but it is quite good. The windows could use a bit of work, though. Right now, they look like pieces of fabric. Try making the broken parts look a little chunkier; use some more diagonals. Matt's head (moreso is mouth) look a little odd. You could try making it a rectangle rather than an arc. The smoke is also in need of some help. Smoke usually rises like a triangle with its base at the top, so try to make the base of the smake smaller than the top. Right now, it kind of looks like some horrid gray liquid is coming out of the buildings rather than smoke. As already mentioned, the interface could use a little tweaking. Just an additional comment on that: Instead of using Ray's and Matt's faces as they appear on the sprites at double the size, try making some portraits that actually fit the style.

Overall, though, its's coming along quite well.
    Thanks man, that's really helped, I'll get to work on the smoke and windows tonight. And I'll experiment with the paint bucket in the sky idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back