• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I drew inspiration from Kyledove's sprites in relation to the shadow so there isn't exactly a visual difference there. I thought the sprites looked better with it.

The perspective is based on the FR/LG sprites. I wanted to make the face different so I could cram more detail into a sprite (much like the D/P/Pt sprites) while still keeping the proportions in line with the FR/LG tiles.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I've been experimenting on a new style similar to the FR/LG OW sprites but allowing for a different look.

Spriters Showcase Thread

The style isn't a huge diversion but it should look different enough visually.

Oh what a cheap format to use, hahaha. I guess you have your reasons though.

But yeah, from what I can see, it looks good. The black outline gives it a more cartoony feel, plus as you said, the face definitely allows for more detail since it's relatively larger than 3rd gen OWs. Nice choice of colours as well.

I've been experimenting on a new style similar to the FR/LG OW sprites but allowing for a different look.

Spriters Showcase Thread

The style isn't a huge diversion but it should look different enough visually.
    First of all it in .jpg format, but since it is a small sprite most people can't see the difference. You could have made it a little more complex but as you made it it's great.

I think I became a revamp addict, as you may see, its my favourite style in pixel arts... Probably not the best I could be though =(

Here's a Blissey! I think this is my best revamp!
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
  • I saved it as a JPEG intentionally.

Anyway, I worked on the style a little more and I ended up expanding it a little so the sprites don't quite match to the FRLG proportions anymore.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    Hi

So I posted a thread about D/P resized pokemon sprite and I was told post here.

In short : Is there people who have resized the D/P pokemon sprites so that they fit the GBA standart size ?? I wasn't able to find that on the internet

thanks !

edit : Oups, sorry double post

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    Hello, I'm from the same project as lezebulon. Here are the first 2 resized D/P sprites we've started to make in the absence of any good findings. They are free to use to anybody that wants them. Information about any other usable resized sprites would be greatly appreciated.

img242.imageshack.us/img242/3917/turtwig
    img385.imageshack.us/img385/3680/grotle

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    All I'm getting is 404'd.

However if you guys start to get a fair few of these done to a high quality standard you could start an official PC Pixel Project in the sub forum.

Atomic Reactor

Well, in the Game Development Resources thread is a zip folder with all the DPP sprites in frlg size format... I think. So, yeah, try looking their.

Can someone crit/comment on my avatar/sig?
    I made the flowers and small trees from scratch.
    The house is an edit from DP
    and the trees are editted from Platinum that thedudemister ripped.
    And the trainer is my own work. obviously an edit of DPP character... but yeah.
    Ant comments or crit?

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    All I'm getting is 404'd.

However if you guys start to get a fair few of these done to a high quality standard you could start an official PC Pixel Project in the sub forum.
    Sorry! I don't have the right post count for urls yet. Add a dot png to the links and they should work.

img503.imageshack.us/img503/9498/chimchar

As to the other poster, I had a look and I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Sorry! I don't have the right post count for urls yet. Add a dot png to the links and they should work.

img503.imageshack.us/img503/9498/chimchar

As to the other poster, I had a look and I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Then you should post on other subforums about pokemon and when you have enough posts then you come here. I can't see your image since it says something 404 error...

Well, seems people ignored my Blissey so I'm putting it AGAIN ¬¬
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Lightning Storm

That guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    I'd say your blissey looks pretty good. I'm a beginner though, so I'm not a great source of opinion.

A few scratch sprites I made.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Two different versions. I can't decide if the orange is better or not. It's a Poison/Flying Imp Pokemon, evolved once.

Spriters Showcase Thread

An old Fakemon I made a while ago. Its the basic fire starter. Fire/Rock type.

Years
  • @people getting 404 errors from Viral Marketer's sprites: add ".png" to the end of the urls.

@iTzKaizer: it looks nice. The only real problem I can see is the outlines. A little too much black near the highlights. Also, there's a really light spot on her skirt-thing's outline, that seems kinda off. A little shading on the feet could help a little, too.

@Lightning Storm: One thing I notice with these is that they don't really look like they're pokemon-styled, especially the fire one. They both seem a bit.. square. Like you have too many straight lines.

For the first one, I prefer the one with the orange. The shading seems.. inconsistent. with the angle the light source is at, it would seem like the wing should have more light.

The fire one... the shading is too subtle. The brown color's shades are not different enough from the base color. It looks like it has no shading at all. Also, if these are pokemon styled, remember to have some black outlines, espeically near the bottom-right. Try not to go overboard, though.
    Oh, the fire is quite nice. Good job.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    They're looking a lot better than they were, they still however need a fair bit of work, but you're getting there.

The pose, shading and palette on the first one could all do with some tweaking. it's too subdued and it should be facing the player a bit more.

Second one is looking good, but the arms need a bit of work, one looks a lot bigger than the other, which itself looks pretty unorganic,

I hope that helps, and keep up the good work.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Again, they look better each time, the fire one is really taking form now, maybe change the direction that the eye is facing.

The purple one's right arm (our left) has a straight bit that needs to be curved.

Lightning Storm

That guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

I fixed a couple of things. They're certainly better than before :]

Edit:
    I also just finished this sprite. It's the evolved form of the fire rhino above.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:

Thanatos

Pokemon Veteran
    Years
  • Team Zero

After being redirected thrice, here it is...
    I just finished working on a picture of my D/P/Plt team consisting of my starter Tortureign (Torterra), Tyran (Raichu), Veaesuvius (Charizard), Thanatos (Tyranitar), Neptnaeius (Garchomp), and Skorponakh (Gliscor). I decided to use it as my signature. Please comment

And BTW, the sprites look great Lightning Storm. I think the more that someone works with pixels and sprites, the more fluent they become. Personally, I took note of how Pokemon sprites evolved over the generations. I'm still figuring out new ways to direct colors myself. I also have some other sprites to post some other time.

Last edited:

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
  • These aren't for anything, (But anyone can use them if they'd like) I'm just tired of seeing how badly done fan-made Ash and Team Rocket sprites can be so I made some of my own based on poses from their in game sprites.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Original Outfits

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

To-Date Outfits
    Spriters Showcase Thread

And.. James for no reason.

Spriters Showcase Thread

And a mystery character..!!