• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Please rate mine:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Tell me what I need to work on, and duhh, don't be rude. :3

Err. I think the tail, eyes, and feet are a bit tiny. And maybe some work on the colors. You have a pretty dark colors, and the a bright colored tail. =o But that's me. Also, behind the horns kinda bother me. I mean, is there a bump? =o Anyway, that's all I think.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years

• Err. I think the tail, eyes, and feet are a bit tiny. And maybe some work on the colors. You have a pretty dark colors, and the a bright colored tail. =o But that's me. Also, behind the horns kinda bother me. I mean, is there a bump? =o Anyway, that's all I think.

Thank you! The feet are tiny, yeah. XD The colors were meant to be that way (it has to do with the pokedex entry) The tail, it's that small? o_o and the eyes are suposed to be that way. XD Yes it's a wierd one.
    Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years

• @Domin-8
    Wow, great job. =] The only thing I might suggest is MAYBE a little brighter color of yellow/gold. I love the shade of blue you used. Is it me, or do I feel like the head is a little low? D= It could be me, but I'm not sure. By the way, I love the shade of blue you used.

The head is a little low, I have it like he is ready to attack, so I figured putting his head low and humping his back up would do the trick

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I hope WIPs can be posted here.. If not, let's just say it's lineart.

Spriters Showcase Thread

This is what I have so far, and it's for a certain proyect over at TSR.
    Not official pokemon style btw, but a side view instead, as if for a platformer. C+C would be apreciated

Off to colour now.

This looks nice but one thing bothers me:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

The way the front bulges out looks unrealistic to me.Other than that it looks great, good job.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • I would suggest making the bulge a bit smaller, I see that the body is curving that way, but like Gir? said its a little unrealistic. Otherwise can't wait for final product

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    My first Fakemon sprite. I named it Electrii. It's a Pichu that overdosed on Thunderstones. The second one is the shiny version.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
  • I would suggest making the bulge a bit smaller, I see that the body is curving that way, but like Gir? said its a little unrealistic. Otherwise can't wait for final product
    I'ts somewhat late, I'd say. I already finished the sprite long ago. :p

I could post it here now, if you all want to see it.

But right now, im working on another:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

(Trainer is not mine)

C+C needed. I might take a while with this one.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • My first Fakemon sprite. I named it Electrii. It's a Pichu that overdosed on Thunderstones. The second one is the shiny version.

Well I don't really see much shading! And the lines are black, BIG no-no! XD It's very cute, but it doesn't seem to have shading or anything.

Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

This is a sugimori pixel over for my hacks' title screen. Any comments are appreciated.

The upper part of Lugia's body (neck, head) lacks in shading, and then it suddenly has load of it near the bottom (feet, wings). The neck's outline facing the top-right corner isn't rounded enough, so I suggest you fix that. The outline is also too light in places and lacks any black pixels... at all. That's pretty bad, okay? Try to balance out the black, outline shade and darkest-shade-in-sprite shade when shading the outline, okay? You'll get used to it eventually. The shading on the foot on our right's transition from the second darkest shade to the darkest shade (excluding the outline) is wrong - it bumps upwards, like a hill, whilst it should curve downwards, like a ditch, if you understand what i'm trying to say. Finally, I beleive that you have used pixel clusters in the outline, which makes the outline too thick. The finger-like things on Lugia's wings are a bit square, but that's just minor.

If that is your first attempt at a pixel over, than you've done a decent job, but there is always room for improvement... I'd give it a 6/10. Work hard and you'll do it, I know you can! Good luck!

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    These are Fakemon for a hack project I'm leading. I'd really appreciate if someone could give me advice on shading, I think the legs look a little weird.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Snitch

How long, how long?
    Years
  • These are Fakemon for a hack project I'm leading. I'd really appreciate if someone could give me advice on shading, I think the legs look a little weird.

*insert your sprites here, can't post URLs.*

In my opinion, I don't see anything wrong with your shading. Looks very nice, great sprites. What project, may I ask? I'd like to see it. ^^

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    HG/SS tile

my first hg soul silver tile and i know i forgot a few things....
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • This doesn't look too bad, it's a nice size, plus you've made some differences. It makes this tile look a little original. Good Job! one think though the bottom right window looks a little narrow!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Spriters Showcase Thread

My ninetales revamp PLZ TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK????????????????????????????????????

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back