• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

loliwin

→ Level 69
Years
  • So my last post seemed successful, so here's another:

Spriters Showcase Thread
    ice type, polar bear with an ushanka.

That looks great! :D But there is something I don't like... I cant figure it out. :(

Okay, here are my overworlds I am making for my new ROM Hack.FR/LG styled. Made from scratch. (thanks to Chesu's overworld tutorial. :3)

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Constructive critique is apreciated. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Are these better? Changing the head's position was too difficult for me, so I just left it the way it was.
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Oh, and two recently made trainer sprites (they are semi-sprited)
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Got bored, so I decided to revamp Red's Sprite to a design more of my liking. Wondering if i could get some criticism on it.

Spriters Showcase Thread

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
  • Are these better? Changing the head's position was too difficult for me, so I just left it the way it was.
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Oh, and two recently made trainer sprites (they are semi-sprited)
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    These are quite good. The fakemon are good, yet there is something wrong with latter's foot... It's legs bend in a 'impossible' position in my eyes. The head looks a little funny, the check is odd. Perhaps making the neck a little thicker?
    The trainers are good.

Got bored, so I decided to revamp Red's Sprite to a design more of my liking. Wondering if i could get some criticism on it.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Goood! It's revamped quite nicely. Perhaps a little more of highlights on the jacket?

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
  • This is a fakemon I made that someone asked for on dA.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Not exactly the color palette I would choose, but that's what he asked for. C&C?

Years
  • This is a fakemon I made that someone asked for on dA.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Not exactly the color palette I would choose, but that's what he asked for. C&C?
    Aside from the not so great palette it's pretty good. A little plain, but good. The head looks like it's off to the side a bit with the way you have that necklace-like thing mostly in a line rather than a curve. The eye doesn't really have a pupil either so it looks a little hollow, but maybe that's what you want.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • So for my game, I was going to use the HG menu but, it's too big.
    So I scratched them all again but smaller, how's it looking?
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I'm very happy with them, don't use them unless you are my friends then message me.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    ^His arms look flat,because of the shading, but overall it's a good revamp.

Spriters Showcase Thread

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Made a revamp of Gold, and I indexed it for my ROM hack.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Constructive criticism please :3

A bit wide, though I forget if what your revamping was, but the rest is okay to good though.

Last edited:

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
  • Thats very good. I like how it turned out, it looks sorta chibish. But if your shootin for D/P/Pt/HG/SS style then I would resize it first then change it.

Heres something that I thought up cause I was thinking about ice cream.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Muk is driving down the road at 150 MPH when while he is distracted an ice cream factory seemingly comes out of nowhere and then BANG! So now we have something that smells bad and tastes good. XD

Years
  • raiizo trainer sprite for pokemon dojino vol1.:the origins

this is my trainer sprite for raiizo main char 2 in my hack pokemon hypercron dojino.when i made him i was thinking of roxas hope you like it. ^^
    Spriters Showcase Thread

this is my trainer sprite for raiizo main char 2 in my hack pokemon hypercron dojino.when i made him i was thinking of roxas hope you like it. ^^
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    you will notice hes wearing an omnitrix thats a secret for the game ;)

Last edited:

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
  • That sprite looks good but there are several errors here and there. One of them would be the legs which are simply recolored pants which now makes them... Look like baggy legs. So I would suggest you cut down on the legs to make them look better. 7/10.

Years
  • Hey y'all. A good friend of mine (Seika) is hosting a spriting livestream tonight in about an hour, at 7:00 GMT-5). We'll talk about creating fakemon and give tips for spriting and pixel art in general, make fun of the fandom, and generally have an awesome time!

This time (since this is the third Pocket Spriter), we're having several hour-long "panels" of discussion. I will be present for most of the second and third panels and probably the fourth as well:

-It's Evolving! How to successfully design fakemon evolutions (7:00-8:00)
    -Cliches in Fakemon - How to break the tropes (8:00-9:00)
    -Happy Hour/Anything Goes (9:00-10:00)
    -The Late Show with Seika - Sketching for Spriting (10:00-11:00)

It's right here! Drop by any time you can!

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Everything on here is so good (:

Hopefully I will make a few sprites and put them on here ^-^

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • I made some two for a game I am producer of, Pokémon Opal. This is Emane, the last evo of the fire starter. It's attached, the front battle view and back battle view.

The first one turned out pretty nice, however it might need some more blackish color for the outline.. I don't like the back view, the head.. i dunno. too big?
    Please critique!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back