• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprites I made (gee...)

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    Thanks all for the nice comments and I'm glad you can see the arms, burst ninja :)

BTW, I was a bit bored and while I'm waiting until the sprite contest on AWF starts, I made this glowing Nosepass. As with Wooper, this is my first :)
    Sprites I made (gee...)

I think it didn't really work out. I took the colors of the nose.

~Cya, UnitRico

P.S. No, my fakedex isn't dead...yet. I got a lack of inspiration, so I need ideas!

the nosepas looks good but maybe try again with the D/P sprite.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    I think i've just wasted a minute of my life looking at these.

Well...then first of all don't look at them, and second, if you can do it better, send me some of your work, then we'll see...BTW, I'm not spriting that long and I know I said I can handle criticism, but then just tell me why they aren't good?

EDIT: I saw all your posts and espacially the threads and now I don't really wonder why you said the things above XD. I still want to know why you don't like them and I want to know if you could do better :) As I said before, I'm not that long into spriting and I'm not making major progress...

And some better news...I made a small list of how far I am. Not very far...Waiting for some sketches from burst ninja, but he told me he got some little problems with his scanner :/ Hope that'll be fixed soon...

~Cya, UnitRico

Last edited:

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    I think i've just wasted a minute of my life looking at these.

Even if you can sprite better than he can (I don't know if you can, and I'm not gonna bother to find out), that's really nasty. Okay yeah express you don't like it, but that wasn't constructive at all. At least explain why you've wasted a minute of your life ¬_¬.

I myself think you've done a great job, considering you're an early spriter!! Keep it up :)
    One thing I will say though is, on the outlines of your 2 grass fakemon, try and delete the corner pixels, and if you don't really get what i mean check this tutorial, it mentions it there quite well!

Nechu's Sprite Tutorial - deviantART

But otherwise, great efforts, keep at it dude!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Even if you can sprite better than he can (I don't know if you can, and I'm not gonna bother to find out), that's really nasty. Okay yeah express you don't like it, but that wasn't constructive at all. At least explain why you've wasted a minute of your life ¬_¬.

I myself think you've done a great job, considering you're an early spriter!! Keep it up :)
    One thing I will say though is, on the outlines of your 2 grass fakemon, try and delete the corner pixels, and if you don't really get what i mean check this tutorial, it mentions it there quite well!

Nechu's Sprite Tutorial - deviantART

But otherwise, great efforts, keep at it dude!!

I know what you mean, and I thought I deleted these oixels, but I'll check later. And sonn I'll start on a new Pokémon and Cocove's evo!

~Cya, UnitRico

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    I kinda have to dissapoint you all :) I will first make a new Fake before I start on Cocove's evo (still noname and just a little inspiration). Also, the first few Fakes won't be 100% scratch 'cos I'm not ery good at it. I WILL reveal 2 new names now:

F010: Centged (Explanation: do it yourself XD, revealed later)
    Evolves by Max Toughness in:
    F011: Goliaur

I'm working on F010 now, btw

~Cya, UnitRico

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Thanks for all the good comments. And Mithos Kid, I'm really busy with a major request and I'm still in a contest at AWF, so that'll come later. AND: Burst ninja sent me some awesome drawings so I've got enough inspiration for a while. Talking about AWF, I've made another thread there, only the fakedex will be mostly here :) I'm not allowed to link to another forum, so I can't give a link, but don't forget what someone there once said:
    Someone at AWF said:
    Google is your best friend
    NOTE: AWF (Anime Wolken Forum) is a Dutch site, but can be viewed in English.

~Cya, UnitRico

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2010
    Well, i'm not going to say bad things again. I am going to give you constructiv criticism.

You need to lighten up on your fakemon's brown colours. They are far to dark and you cannot see the facial features. Remember. SelOut

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Well, i'm not going to say bad things again. I am going to give you constructiv criticism.

You need to lighten up on your fakemon's brown colours. They are far to dark and you cannot see the facial features. Remember. SelOut

I don't 100% agree with you. I think only the shadows could be a bit lighter. But I think I'll keep it like this. It's a Coconut after all...and I'm lazy XD

EDIT: Edited soon :) And Luxator, please don't think I say I don't agree with you because of that 1 bad criticism. Criticism is always welcome.

I almost finished Centged, so I'll upload it soon.

~Cya, UnitRico

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2010
    You may not agree with that but you should at least make the browns a little lighter. Pokemon is a cartoon/game. Light colours are used. Even on dark pokemon, the colours are lighter than dark. Make refrence to other pokemon with the same colour and take ideas from it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    You may not agree with that but you should at least make the browns a little lighter. Pokemon is a cartoon/game. Light colours are used. Even on dark pokemon, the colours are lighter than dark. Make refrence to other pokemon with the same colour and take ideas from it.

You know what, you're right! I never can get a real black color for my sprites. Still, I'm far to lazy to make all the colours again. I used Exeggutor's, but I needed 1 more, which I couldn't make. So I keep them how they are now.

~Cya, UnitRico

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Ok guys, I'm sorry to say, but you will have to wait until tomorrow or the day after that. I'll probably release Centged next week. Tomorrow I start on a major request for a hack (8 ghosts) and also tomorrow the voting round for the AWF contest starts. IF I go on to the second round, we have to revamp a R/B sprite...I made this one:
    Sprites I made (gee...)

Please, I need rates. Please...

~Cya, UnitRico

Years
    Ok guys, I'm sorry to say, but you will have to wait until tomorrow or the day after that. I'll probably release Centged next week. Tomorrow I start on a major request for a hack (8 ghosts) and also tomorrow the voting round for the AWF contest starts. IF I go on to the second round, we have to revamp a R/B sprite...I made this one:
    Sprites I made (gee...)

Please, I need rates. Please...

~Cya, UnitRico

its a little...distorted, or, really its teeth are the only things that are distorted

Last edited:

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    i like it but, well, i never thought that sprite ever looked good, now i like its look though

Back