• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Square Enix gives conditions for FFVII remake, re-releases on PC

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ...And so, they continue working on FFXIII-3, wasting their money on a game that won't sell all that well?
    ...it will sell well. XIII-2 sold 2M, I think and XIII was around 5M. Compare that to a "really popular" RPG in the west like Mass Effect 3 which came out around the same time as XIII-2 in the US and is only sitting at 0.85M. I don't think they're doing badly at all, on the whole.
    As far as I know XIII-3 was a misguided rumour started because of the apparent loose ending of XIII-2, which was misinterpreted. (...?)

You should really consider that 13 did sell well, and that SE's main audience is Japanese, where they do a hell of a lot better than in the US or Europe.
    Everyone sort of thought the DLC would end up giving XIII-2 its proper ending but it didn't. Square-Enix hinted that XIII isn't over yet the other day. So expect to see something, hopefully an ending, at TGS this year.
    I've been reading the posts in this thread and don't know why you all think FFV and FFVI have been remade many times because they have only been ported, they have never been remade. Just saying.
    Ah, you're right. I've actually never played either of them so I was mixing them up with earlier ones. They've at least gotten enhanced ports to the GBA though, with improved (?) music and graphics. The only treatment any of the games after them have gotten at this point is this new FFVII PC port, though. That's more what I was referring to in my post where I said VII was next in the list but that does seem kind of hypocritical since in one of my very next posts I was defining "remake" as "from the ground up". XD; Whoops.
    Regarding the popularity of FFVII, I have made some observations about it. By the way this is purely from the viewpoint of someone living in New Zealand so I'm not too sure about the rest of the world. Anyway pretty much everyone I know +/- 7 years of my age considers themselves FFVII fans. There's like over 2000 people at my school and I can guarantee 1800 of them are FFVII "fans". Really of that 1800 only like 20 of them have actually played FFVII, the rest played Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts or watched Advent Children. The vast majority of them won't even know who Aeris is if I mention her. These people are fans of FFVII just because they have anime obsessions with Cloud, Zack, Vincent or Sephiroth. Of all the people I know that have played the game, they all pretty much agree that FFVII is easily one of the top Final Fantasies but definitely not the best.
    Please try to remember that I only made these observations in my country and I have no idea whre the popularity of FFVII spawns from around the rest of the world.
    That's true to some extent--I have a lot of friends who've never played FFVII and have no interest in even finding out what happened in it yet claim to be huge fans of the compilation... but I think once you get past the vapid fangirls, there are still a LOT of people who class VII as their favourite for various reasons that are, at the very least, better than "ooooh Cloud is so hot and mysterious and kawaii!" :P

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    imo, it's good they're reissuing a PC version. I tried running the old Windows version and it took forever to get optimized on my system.

I did once read before, that one of the reasons Final Fantasy is going down is because it seems that they're trying to push for better graphics and more complex systems, and in that process, are loosing storyline quality. I agree entirely, because I've played 1 and 3-7. When I saw FFXIII, it's battle system confused the crap out of me.
    It's confusing when you watch it, but it becomes pretty clear when they explain it to you. It's pretty fun once it gets going (especially as you get further and further into the game and get more moves and features), and the battle music just makes the battles themselves that much more enjoyable. It places its emphasis with on a sort of real time class change system (called Paradigms) and customization of the aforementioned, as well as Active battling and the STAGGER system, you'd have to play it to truly understand, though.

Back