• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SRE (Sex and relationships education)

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
Years
  • My school gave a crappy one when I was around 12 I think . Perhaps its better to learn from parents or older friends .

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I'm just going to drop this here: Abstinence only education is not education at all. Kids need to know the facts, at an appropriate age group, so they can act mature. I'd say early teens a sex ed class would be reasonable.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    In the 5th and 6th grade of our school years, we learned about bodily changes. But, the sex education wasn't until 7th, where they talked of the reproductive system and such. In 8th grade, we had the sex ed in gym class, learning about how to do things safely and such. I didn't feel it was taught too early or late, because I think my schools spaced it out and taught things when the kids were more mature. Of course, a lot of them still giggled and were annoying, but at least it wasn't in 5th and 6th that we were learning about actual sex ed.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I first heard about Sex Ed in 5th grade because some girl was giving oral in the back of the school bus.

Then we had health last year instead of gym for some quarters.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Well, in year six, we got to watch one video in which cartoon people who, despite being naked, had no visible genitalia, chased each other around a bedroom with giant feathers.

Sex ed in England isn't great.

We had a video like that in Third Grade... It was basically just talking about puberty and such... there was a duck in it...

That poor duck.

At 5th and 6th grade, I can tell you I certainly did not want to know. The fact that they feel the need to teach us these things at that age is, honestly, rather ****** up. It would've been better in 7th or 8th grade. We'd have been older, and maybe understand what they're talking about, rather than just get messed up in the head by disgusting STD images. Not to mention in my high school to graduate you must take one semester of health. More images=more of my mental stability gone.

Important lesson to be learned from sex ed: "Don't ever have sex or you will get (insert pretty much any STD here) and die!!!11!111!!!one!"

I think when you're older you'll realize that it was probably a good thing you were taught when you were younger, this way you'll be more aware of the dangers, and such.

My school gave a crappy one when I was around 12 I think . Perhaps its better to learn from parents or older friends .

Not all parents have the kind of education to teach about STDs and such, and my Dad died when I was young, so I'm glad I didn't have to learn about anything from my Mom... o.o

And older friends would probably just be smartasses about it. :\

I'm just going to drop this here: Abstinence only education is not education at all. Kids need to know the facts, at an appropriate age group, so they can act mature. I'd say early teens a sex ed class would be reasonable.

Agreed completely.

I first heard about Sex Ed in 5th grade because some girl was giving oral in the back of the school bus.

Then we had health last year instead of gym for some quarters.

:shocked:

This was Grade Five...? Sounds more like Tenth, or something. :\

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Lol I didn't learn about that stuff til 7th grade. Mostly cause of people in my class telling me -_- I'm still naiive about the subject and i'm 18 XD I wish i didn't know what it was at all though, xept i wanna know not to get involved in it since i don't plan on ever doing that (Every one thinks im the weirdest guy ever. I'm kinda perverted or as i call it "curious", but i have no plans on actually doing anything like that)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Lol I didn't learn about that stuff til 7th grade. Mostly cause of people in my class telling me -_- I'm still naiive about the subject and i'm 18 XD I wish i didn't know what it was at all though, xept i wanna know not to get involved in it since i don't plan on ever doing that (Every one thinks im the weirdest guy ever. I'm kinda perverted or as i call it "curious", but i have no plans on actually doing anything like that)

Nothing wrong with that...I'm 22 and I'm the same way. Despite how many perverted sexual jokes I may make, I'm really kinda grossed out by the actual act of doing it. XD

Sarah Paliner

:: Zetsubou no Carnival ::
    Years
  • Well, it's been shown that the more the kids don't know, the more curious they get as they grow older and pregnancy ensues. Might as well teach them and let them fend for themselves with knowledge of what happens.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Far as my knowledge goes, 8–10 is a good age to teach girls, 10–12 for boys. Girls enter an finish puberty often slightly earlier for whatever reason. Although really, it's best done on a case-by-case basis on when any given child becomes mentally mature enough to understand what is being said, and therefore best taught by their own parents.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I never had any real talk. xD
    I had my first class in 6-7th grade if I remember correctly, and then my final class this year. We don't have formal sex education classes, just a unit in Health class...
    I don't believe there's a "Health" class in Europe since you guys don't have anyone worrying about obesity over there. :P

Years
  • Oh wow...sex? *drifts off, remembers his time* Um, what XD?

Well...10-12 is for all ages. But girls can bend, if they're having their period, then we have to tell them. If we didn't, poor girl would get scared ;;.

Opaque

Sode no Shirayuki
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    Personally, I never got any 'sex education' - I remember in 6th/7th grade learning about getting periods, reproduction, giving birth, and STDs, but it was done in a very scientifically and detached manner. I felt like at the time it didn't really apply to me.

They didn't really teach abstinence, but I don't think they taught us birth control either.

Back