• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(SS) Not happy with team at the moment, help!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Ok so I've just finished battling Jasmine (6th badge) and I'm just not happy with the way my team is producing atm. Not too enthusiastic about the moves (hopefully it's just a case of me being patient for some of them) and considering swapping 1 or 2 (Noctowl really hasn't worked out as I had hopes, damn thing never hits hypnosis when it's important!)

anyway here's my team:

Flaaffy lvl.29 f Modest
    Ability: Static
    Thundershock
    Charge
    Tackle
    Thunder wave

Noctowl lvl.29 f Modest
    Ability: Insomnia
    Confusion
    Hypnosis
    Shadow Ball
    Fly

Feraligatr lvl.30 m Quirky
    Ability: Torrent
    Crunch
    Flail
    Surf
    Ice Fang

Magmar lvl.30 m Modest
    Ability: Flame body
    Ember
    Faint attack
    Fire punch
    Confuse Ray

Sudowoodo lvl 29 f Brave
    Ability: Sturdy
    Flail
    Faint Attack
    Rock throw
    Dig

Weepinbell lvl 29 f Sassy
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Vine Whip
    Acid
    Wrap
    Sleep Powder

Now all I'm looking for is peoples suggestions IF I should swap any of my pokemon and if so what for. And any moves that I should incorperate now into my pokemon, especially weepinbell as his move pool is not very good and I'm soooo borred of vine whip (where the hell are the grass TMs?!)

Suggetions for final movesets are welcome but bare in mind this is in-game only

Thank you in advance! :)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    You should replace your Noctowl with a Zubat. Zubat's final evolution, Crobat, is really fast. They can also learn Confuse Ray, which hits more often than Hypnosis ever will.

Weepinbell learns Razor Leaf at level 39, and its evolution learns Leaf Blade at level 47. You can get Leaf Stones from Picnicker Gina at Route 34. But if you're fed up with it, you should get yourself a Tangela at Route 44. They learn Mega Drain at level 26, and evolve when you level them up to level 33, and teach them Ancientpower.

As for Flaaffy, you should replace Tackle and Thundershock with Discharge and Signal Beam.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Thanks for your reply,

I've used crobat, pidgeot and fearow alot in other pokemon games so was trying to veer away from them, but it's not looking good lol. I need some psycic i would imagine and xatu's movepool doesn't look impressive :/
    So with weepinbell and flaaffy i just have to be patient :(

I have started considering murkrow, but not too sure about it. What do people think?

Last edited by a moderator:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Murkrow is pretty good, especially after evolving into Honchkrow. But if you really want a Psychic-type move, you should consider Misdreavus, which learns Psybeam at level 23. If you do that, you could replace Sudowoodo with Skarmory. If you still want a Ground-type move, you could either teach your Feraligatr Earthquake, or replace your Weepinbell with a Tangela, evolve into Tangrowth, and then teach it Earthquake.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Murkrow is pretty good, especially after evolving into Honchkrow. But if you really want a Psychic-type move, you should consider Misdreavus, which learns Psybeam at level 23. If you do that, you could replace Sudowoodo with Skarmory. If you still want a Ground-type move, you could either teach your Feraligatr Earthquake, or replace your Weepinbell with a Tangela, evolve into Tangrowth, and then teach it Earthquake.

Sorry for late reply.
    Thanks for your advice, I haven't played in since so am still at the same point. I might get Murkrow then because I want a flying pokemon. Problem is, I'm finding it almost impossible to catch in the safari zone, is there an easier way to catch it? and does anyone have a good moveset for it please?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm having the same problem as you, actually. Weepinbell's movepool sucks. You just have to evolve it before level 47, where it learns both Leaf Storm and Leaf Blade. Or if you have any other gen 4 games, you can trade TM Energy Ball over and use that, but if you don't you won't get it until you have access to Battle Frontier.

Honchkrow can actually learn Psychic, if you want a Psychic-type attacker. In fact, its Psychic is better than Noctowl's, since it has a better base Special Attack and Noctowl isn't Flying/Psychic even though it should be. I would use Night Slash (lv 45), Psychic (tm29), Fly (or tm40 Aerial Ace), then Steel Wing or Superpower or Heat Wave for final move, depending on what you want since they're all fun.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For Flaaffy, you should stick with only one kind of moves; either physical or special. I'd personally recommend latter, since it has access to more special-based attacks. When you're able, you should consider replacing Noctowl with either Staraptor or Pidgeot; they have access to a wider range of moves, and could deal a lot more damage.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Thanks for your advice Altairis, that seems a pretty good moveset I think I'll go for that!

Endless, how do I get staraptor before the elite four?

Just another quick question because I couldn't be bothered to make another thread lol
    I am going to start a game on FR and have already decided upon most of the team, I just need one more addition and I can't decide :/

So far I have: Typhlosion, Sceptile, Blastoise, Donphan and Jolteon.

I am thinking I need a psycic or ice type but not sure, ideas anyone?

p.s. I have gameshark so can hack in any pokemon for gen. 3. and no legendaries

Back