• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen stalling the game

nm legend

Years
    well ever since i beat the elite 4 i collected 2 kanto gym badges and kinda stoped playin the story part of the game.....however i have almost 340 hours of play time....from doing battle frontier, pokealothon,breeding,training, and voltorb flip....i was wonderin if i was the only person whos playin the game like this.... also i play with my brothers so that can explian why i mite never beat the game any time soon.....and do you think it makes the game better playin that way(i think it does) it makes the game feel like its never gonna end

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, I do tend to put off completing the story too fast (backtracking right through Johto from Azalea/Goldenrod collecting Apricorns before attempting to make progress).

It makes it more fun in a way...but sometimes can get depressing (like when I tried to complete the johto pokedex without venturing to Kanto/getting the National Pokdex - However, if I use the Pokewalker, this may be possible)

Samoo

GPX+ Fan ~ Click The Eggs :]
    Years
    Eh, I do it too... I have over 500 hours on mine... but I spent most of it in the Battle Frontier xD Then I got bored of the Frontier, so I just went to get the Kanto Badges, then back to the Frontier xD

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
    im playing soul silver, i got addicted to Breeding and trading early, as soon as i got to Rt 34. 150 pokemon in my Dex and all the incenses, power items/balls, and other hold items for breeding pokemon from trades with only 6 gym badges.

now i have 8 badges and im up to the pokemon league but i havent fought the Elites yet i have 200 pokemon in my Dex 324:30 time logged. i also havent caught entei and raikou yet i have 3 master balls for them and plenty of chances but i jus let them go hehe..

i do want to do the story and fight the elites, but i really do like breeding moves/trading and when im not doing that im EV training my pokemon and just started playing with the PokeDome thingy

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    I got distracted for a while breeding eevees and stantlers and a few others.
    Now I'm stalled again, I got all 16 Gym Leaders crowded into the Dojo and I like the picture so much I dont want to battle them yet, lol.

nm legend

Years
    Yeah, I do tend to put off completing the story too fast (backtracking right through Johto from Azalea/Goldenrod collecting Apricorns before attempting to make progress).
    yea i did the same exact thing...id make sure i collect all the apricorns for the day....train my pokemon to almost the same levels(i always have my starter be the strongest one tho), catch every pokemon i dont have, and i always tried not to complete to much of the story in one day(like not fighting multiple gym leaders) i enjoy the game more...and man ill be so mad if something happend to my game...ive been through to much

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I am showing everyone in the school why legendaries are bad. This never ends. (I mean, the kids whi still play Pokemon in my school) :

"Legendaries are BAD ! See, a Sucker Punch from my Absol which had two Swords Dances up killed both Mew and Mewtwo in one hit, but not Rhyperior. And Rhyperior is not a legend."

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    well ever since i beat the elite 4 i collected 2 kanto gym badges and kinda stoped playin the story part of the game.....however i have almost 340 hours of play time....from doing battle frontier, pokealothon,breeding,training, and voltorb flip....i was wonderin if i was the only person whos playin the game like this.... also i play with my brothers so that can explian why i mite never beat the game any time soon.....and do you think it makes the game better playin that way(i think it does) it makes the game feel like its never gonna end

NEVER COMPLETE THE GAME, as if you do it'll get boring. Trust me

nm legend

Years
    I am showing everyone in the school why legendaries are bad. This never ends. (I mean, the kids whi still play Pokemon in my school) :

"Legendaries are BAD ! See, a Sucker Punch from my Absol which had two Swords Dances up killed both Mew and Mewtwo in one hit, but not Rhyperior. And Rhyperior is not a legend."
    Umm yea but uhhhhh mew and his clone are physic.....and i dont train legendarys....me myself ima legendary trainer (im just being stupid) our post are guna get deleted for goin off topic maybe

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    I spent a while breeding Stantlers as I needed 5 males and 4 females to be...
    Rudolph[M], Dasher[M], Dancer[F],Prancer[M],Vixen[F], Comet[M], Cupid[F], Donner[F], Blitzen[M].

lol

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    I haven't played in forever. I spent so much time breeding a decent Chinchou to beat the game quickly that I just got bored of it. Maybe it's time for me to dust off my DS.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I don't stall. I just complete the game then do a few activities after like Pokeathlon or Battle Frontier.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    In my SS game, I decided not to do the Battle Frontier until after I have bred some good IV-bred/EV trained Pokemon. And that's after I beat Red. That counts as stalling, right?

Years
    Usually I would complete the game, but now I'm getting into competitive battling I'm spending a lot of my time breeding the right IVs onto Pokémon I eventually want to make a team out of. Instead of wasting time training my current party up to a level high enough to beat Red with, I'll make my competitive battling team and then defeat him with them instead. I've gotten all the Gym Badges, but I haven't completed the game yet, if that makes sense. So yeah, I stall.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    I don't stall the story, rather, I can't. It's easily the most enjoyable part of the game to me, and I'm always eager to keep on progressing rather than delaying myself.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I sometimes get distracted and do random stuff on my pokemon games. In Hg I am trying to beat it properly now, but with all the new features it is hard to concentrate on only finishing the game.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I beat red, but I'm not finished yet, if you understand me. I rematched him again recently with higher levels than before, and I couldn't beat him... WTF!!!!!

Back