• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Standard VGC tourney is standard

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I got volunteered to make a standard VGC tourney so here it is. HAH!

This is a DOUBLES VGC Wi-Fi tournament. No frills, just plenty of blood. We do not follow Smogon doubles rules.

Rules:
- Kalos dex only. Only Pokemon found in the Kalos Pokedex are allowed to be used.
- Item clause. No two Pokemon are allowed to carry the same item.
- Species clause. No two Pokemon can be of the same Pokedex number.
- Xerneas, Yvetal, Zygarde, and Mewtwo are banned.
- Move tutor moves from gen 5 and earlier are banned if the move is unavailable to that Pokemon in Kalos.
Example: Heat Wave Zapdos, Drain Punch Kangaskan, etc.​
- You must have a copy of Pokemon X or Y in order to participate.
- Hacked Pokemon are banned. The person with the hacked Pokemon will be disqualified from this tourney and banned from any future ones I create.
- Both parties must post the result of their battle or I will not be able to count it.​

Additional Information:
- This tournament will begin on May 10th.
- You will have 48 hours after the round commencement post to complete your battles.
- This will be a Swiss-style format. We will have 5 rounds of battles (tentative).
- Sign-ups will remain open until the tourney starts.​

Prizes:
First place receives 3 Pokemon of their choice.
Second place receives 2 Pokemon of their choice.
Third place receives 1 Pokemon of their choice.
All winners have the option of passing their prizes to the next in rank.

Shiny Modest Venusaur HP Fire (Chlorophyll) - 31/x/31/30/31/30 thanks Amaura
Shiny Timid Greninja HP Fire (Protean) - 31/x/31/30/31/30 thanks Amaura
Shiny Timid Electrike HP Ice (Lightning Rod) 31/x/30/31/31/31 thanks Amaura
Free breeding requests of whatever you like, as long as it's reasonable and possible. (No hidden power or shiny, please)

When signing up, please include your FC and your in-game name.
Example:
Tobias: 2208-5685-5454​

Participants:
Griffinbane (Tobias) - 2208-5685-5454
Cordelia (Toph) - 3840 5669 4340
Sage Ghetsis (Necrum) - 1435-4289-9306
Omicron (Omicron) - 1005-8924-3660
Flushed (Tomato Soup) - 4914-3518-2260
Whitney's Shaymin (Gavin) - 4699-7156-4669
Gonz0 (♠Gonzo♠) - 3437 4276 3320
pknight96 (Serena) - 3609-1545-3635​

Final Rankings:
First place - Cordelia
Second place - Gonzo, Flushed​

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Ooh, I'd love to sign up for this! ♥

IGN: Toph
FC: 3840 5669 4340

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
lol, never done VGC format in my life, might as well.

IGN: Tomato Soup
FC: 4914-3518-2260

Question, do they need to have the Kalos Pentagon or just be found in the Kalos Dex?

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
DracoLatch - Please edit your post to include your in-game name or I'll have to void your sign up.

@ Everyone else - Welcome! I'm working on prizes now so there might be goodies coming your way soon.

Flushed - They just need to be in the dex. (I refuse to check all 60-something pokemon for the pentagon.)

PS: I may be changing the format to round robin but it depends on the number of competitors we get.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Unfortunately, i'm going to have to drop out of this tourney. Not going to have time when this starts, as it's during my Final's Week and then i'm quite busy right after that. :(

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
DracoLatch has been DQ'd for inactivity and failing to provide the information I requested like, ages ago.

Since I won't be around probably at all tomorrow... First set of matches have been set up and you guys have until 12:00 AM EST Tuesday (5:00 AM GMT) to get your matches in and reported.
http://challonge.com/8qqvm2hk <- MATCHES HERE CLICK THIS

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
In an excellent match, I defeated pknight96 2-0. Thanks for the great battle n_n

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Oh god I'm so bad hahaha. GG, Griffinbane defeated me 3-0.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Nah, not bad. Some tweaking and more learning strategy and your team would actually crush mine. There's like 2 or 3 things on there that I have very little ability against. ^.^

Back